Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Arrow Re:

My friend reviews the latest episode of Super Dragon Ball Heroes -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Demon slayer manga vol 1 is free on the digital sites to promote the film if anyone wants vol 1.

https://www.comixology.com/Demon-Sla...l-comic/679265

https://hypebeast.com/2021/2/mcdonal...appy-meal-info

Japan mcdonalds gets demon slayer happy meals! The show is a family show in japan and the movie is only pg-13 there.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Astonishing Member

This is tangentially related since he wasn’t an anime person but a manga artist who had his manga adapted many times, but I’m heartbroken to post that it was revealed yesterday that the creator of Berserk the legendary Kentaro Miura passed away on May 6th at the young age of 54 due to acute aortic dissection.

It’s sad. Berserk was a series that was on hiatus so much that people used to morbidly joke(in poor taste in retrospect) that he would die before he finished the series. Now, sadly that has become a reality which leaves Berserk as a work that will forever go unfinished but Miura will go down in the annals of history as not just one of the great manga authors but one of the best fantasy writers.

I’d put Berserk up there with the likes of Game Thrones and Lord Of The Rings in terms of great, compelling, and intricate fantasy mythology. And that was in no small part due to Miura-sensei’s amazing storytelling abilities, not to mention his extraordinarily detailed art - which was incredible. He truly was a force of nature. What a heartbreaking and devastating loss for the manga/anime industry. May He Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-20-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    https://hypebeast.com/2021/2/mcdonal...appy-meal-info

Japan mcdonalds gets demon slayer happy meals! The show is a family show in japan and the movie is only pg-13 there.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Definitely something I can't really see happening here ever. Heck, people freaked out over Batman Returns happy meals....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This is tangentially related since he wasn’t an anime person but a manga artist who had his manga adapted many times, but I’m heartbroken to post that it was revealed yesterday that the creator of Berserk the legendary Kentaro Miura passed away on May 6th at the young age of 54 due to acute aortic dissection.

It’s sad. Berserk was a series that was on hiatus so much that people used to morbidly joke(in poor taste in retrospect) that he would die before he finished the series. Now, sadly that has become a reality which leaves Berserk as a work that will forever go unfinished but Miura will go down in the annals of history as not just one of the great manga authors but one of the best fantasy writers.

I’d put Berserk up there with the likes of Game Thrones and Lord Of The Rings in terms of great, compelling, and intricate fantasy mythology. And that was in no small part due to Miura-sensei’s amazing storytelling abilities, not to mention his extraordinarily detailed art - which was incredible. He truly was a force of nature. What a heartbreaking and devastating loss for the manga/anime industry. May He Rest In Peace.
    Amen. Kentaro Miura (R.I.P.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

It is sad. But I wonder if maybe he left notes or maybe someone can eventually come in and finish it up? They likely will in anime at some point.

To be honest, I don't think even he knew how to end it. That, and I think he loved it too much.

Gundam Hathaway movie was delayed again. Probably because of the recent surge in Japan.

I finally watched the Demon Slayer movie. At the beginning i thought people were overating this movie, but no it really is great.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Currently watching the Discotek Media blu-ray of Grimm's Fairy Tales Classics. Watching the Japanese originals is interesting because unlike the English dub, there are some scenes that were cut for air on Nickelodeon and there's no narrator. I know this show is a little outside the average anime fan's wheelhouse, but I'd suggest checking it out if you like anthologies of classic tales.
    Grimm's_Fairy_Tale_Classics_(title_card).jpg

I just saw the first two episodes of JoJo's bizarre adventure: Diamond is unbreakable on Netflix.

It's more gruesome than I remember

So they're preparing some new Gundam Seed stuff.

-An "Interquel" manga taking place between the original and Destiny, "Seed Eclipse". The new Eclipse Gundam will naturally get a model.

-The long delayed (15 years!) film sequel is finally in production.

-A new video game.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

SKET DANCE

I recommend watching it
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage