Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don't know if this is anime in the traditional sense of the word, but Trese (airing on Netflix) is an awesome show!

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-16-2021 at 01:45 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't know if this is anime in the traditional sense of the word, but Trese (airing on Netflix) is an awesome show!

It really is pretty good, and I'm not just saying that because I'm Filipino. Story, production values and tie-ins to actual mythology (and how these are adapted into the present-day setting) are top-notch.

For fans of Tanya the Evil (and I happen to be one), a second season is on the way:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...on-in-season-2

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-22-2021 at 03:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Some of my favorite anime are: Darker than Black, Terror in Resonance, and Ghost in the Shell (tv show).

What are some similar, good anime from the last, I don't know, 5 years?

Thanks

Incredible Member

Thoughts, anyone?

Done talking about demon slayer movie right? Nope. It is the best vod on the streaming apps like vudu and itunes beating all films like gvk, raya and nobody in america! It's the most bought vod film in america! A anime film!

Crazy!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=738f785142ee

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Some of my favorite anime are: Darker than Black, Terror in Resonance, and Ghost in the Shell (tv show).

Thanks
    I think it's a little older than 5 years, but Ergo Proxy might be something you'd enjoy. Possibly also one of the many iterations of Appleseed (same author as Ghost in the Shell IIRC).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Peach Boy Riverside, coming to Crunchyroll next month looks interesting. Here's the trailer:

Thanks
    I did a google-search, so I hope this helps. But if you're only interested in the last 5 years, then you could try...

Blame!

Extraordinary Member

Gonna watch the second season of Code Geass with friend on Saturday, so I'm re-watching the first season since it's been a while since I saw it.

So far it's better than I recall.

Another japan video rental store. The video is 90% anime and manga areas of the store. It's so crazy how japan is still in the 90s with video stores. Not shocked pokemon, case closed, doraemon and dragonball have full shelfs to themselves!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think it's a little older than 5 years, but Ergo Proxy might be something you'd enjoy. Possibly also one of the many iterations of Appleseed (same author as Ghost in the Shell IIRC).
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I did a google-search, so I hope this helps. But if you're only interested in the last 5 years, then you could try...

Blame!

Thanks. I have seen Ergo, but not Blame. Does it have that weird looking CGI-ish animation that the Godzilla: planet of the monster (?) anime had?

Also: I really liked Psycho Pass and its movies, Death Note, Baccano, Night Raid 1931. And Durarara. When it comes to slice of life anime, that's pretty much the only one I've ever liked.

How about movies? I liked Sword of the Stranger, the Boy and the Beast, and Weathering with You.
    Last edited by newparisian; 07-01-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Gonna watch the second season of Code Geass with friend on Saturday, so I'm re-watching the first season since it's been a while since I saw it.

So far it's better than I recall.
    OMG! Me too. Code Geass is in my queue. For some reason, everything is different during a re-watch.

Thanks. I have seen Ergo, but not Blame. Does it have that weird looking CGI-ish animation that the Godzilla: planet of the monster (?) anime had?

Also: I really liked Psycho Pass and its movies, Death Note, Baccano, Night Raid 1931. And Durarara. When it comes to slice of life anime, that's pretty much the only one I've ever liked.

How about movies? I liked Sword of the Stranger, the Boy and the Beast, and Weathering with You.
    If you have any doubts, then check out this trailer for Blame! (2017):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame!_(film)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Me too. Code Geass is in my queue. For some reason, everything is different during a re-watch.

Took me awhile to get into this show, but once I did, I thought it was great. Lelouch is one anime's greatest anti-heroes.