Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Started City Hunter 2. From the episode list alone, seems that this season is much heavier on multi-episode stories than the first. Also kind of miss "Get wild" as the ending theme.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Funny thing is, the new CH2 ending theme is kind of growing on me, and realized that the voice sounded familiar-and yep, after a quick google- it's the same guy who sang the Space Dancy opening.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-23-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie getting american theatre release! March 18 and will also get a imax release.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/crunchy...te-1234919017/

Re-watched Ready Player One. Wonder if it's just a coincidence that the Gundam Build franchise switched to a more VR-style setting (Build Divers and it's sequel) at the same time that a Gundam appeared in a western movie about immersive VR?

Lots of new stuff for the new Gundam movie:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pening/.182173

Looks like this is pretty much more of Gundam: The Origin anime, which while sort of marketed as prequel to the original series it also features some slight changes to the continuity/canon (The manga it's based on itself is pretty much a full remake). For example, Sleggar Row is part of the cast here, whereas in the original show he didn't join until the WB crew went back into space. Bright's uniform is also different.

So apparently Kanye West's collection of AKIRA graphic novels is involved in his nasty divorce battle with Kim Kardashian.

AKIRA is a definite classic, and shouldn't be messed with (IMHO):

It's kind of hard to make out exactly what Kanye was going on about (as usual). Guy is a huge Akira fan though. Think Kim accussed him of stealing because he took the Akira manga out of her home.

In other news Sunrise/Bandai (Gundam, Cowboy Bebop etc.) is being reorganized again, with Sunrise sort of now becoming Bandai Filmworks. Although they've said the Sunrise 'brand' would remain.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

For the benefit of any duffers in the crowd, an anime about golf, Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story will debut in Japan in April. If Crunchyroll and/or Funimation pick up the series, it'll probably be available for streaming in the States shortly afterwards. As someone who enjoys watching golf (and might even take up the sport one day), I'll certainly give this show a watch!

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-2022-premiere

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-19-2022 at 03:44 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Watching Super Crooks on Netfix. Based on a Mark Millar comic, but done as Anime.
    I really enjoyed that one. I’d kind of like to see an animated version of the Jupiters Legacy series.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ok, since my friend bought me a year-long Funimation subscription last June for my birthday because I prefer dubs I'm lazy lol, I've watched in totality "Cowboy Bebop", "Afro Samurai" (series and movie), "Akira", "Black Lagon", "Hyperdimension Neptunia", "Date A Live", "Dragon Ball" (OG series and movies rewatch), "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime", "Overlord", "The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious", "Goblin Slayer", "Rising of the Shield Hero", "Isekai Quartet", "Uzaki Chan Wants to hang out", "The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated" (sub in this case) and I am currently watching these ongoing series "My Hero Academia", "Demon Slayer", "Banished From the Hero's Party", "A Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom" and "She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man".

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm running out of stuff to watch lol.

BTW I must admit I have grown weary of the modern Isekai subgenre because, frankly, I've found that the vast majority are thinly veiled power fantasies in which the hero (typical a young socially guy awkward) becomes so OP and beloved by everyone in their new world that zero drama ensues. I seldom think that most Isekai protagonists or their closest allies are in real danger after season one or sometimes earlier. There are a few good Isekai such as " "The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated" (think a female version of the main character from "The Devil is a Part-Timer" but with more humor) and "Banished From the Hero's Party" (in which both the protagonist and his sister the "hero" each have an existential crisis about free will versus destiny) but most are boring and formulaic.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-20-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Started City Hunter 2. From the episode list alone, seems that this season is much heavier on multi-episode stories than the first. Also kind of miss "Get wild" as the ending theme.
    From memory season 2 had a ton of two parters. So it definitely went more in that direction.

Wait until you get to City Hunter 3 for opening and closing credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ok, since my friend bought me a year-long Funimation subscription last June for my birthday because I prefer dubs I'm lazy lol, I've watched in totality "Cowboy Bebop", "Afro Samurai" (series and movie), "Akira", "Black Lagon", "Hyperdimension Neptunia", "Date A Live", "Dragon Ball" (OG series and movies rewatch), "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime", "Overlord", "The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious", "Goblin Slayer", "Rising of the Shield Hero", "Isekai Quartet", "Uzaki Chan Wants to hang out", "The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated" (sub in this case) and I am currently watching these ongoing series "My Hero Academia", "Demon Slayer", "Banished From the Hero's Party", "A Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom" and "She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man".

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm running out of stuff to watch lol.

BTW I must admit I have grown weary of the modern Isekai subgenre because, frankly, I've found that the vast majority are thinly veiled power fantasies in which the hero (typical a young socially guy awkward) becomes so OP and beloved by everyone in their new world that zero drama ensues. I seldom think that most Isekai protagonists or their closest allies are in real danger after season one or sometimes earlier. There are a few good Isekai such as " "The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated" (think a female version of the main character from "The Devil is a Part-Timer" but with more humor) and "Banished From the Hero's Party" (in which both the protagonist and his sister the "hero" each have an existential crisis about free will versus destiny) but most are boring and formulaic.
    Have you checked out Samurai Champloo yet?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, on the isekai front, have you heard of or watched these shows:

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat
    From MyAnimeList: The world's greatest assassin had sworn lifelong allegiance to the organization that raised him. However, despite his loyalty, that very same organization takes action to silence him, ultimately leading to his demise. Drowning in frustration and regrets he can no longer suppress, he finds himself in an audience with a goddess attracted by his exceptional skills. The goddess offers him reincarnation into a magnificent world of swords and magic so he can perform a crucial mission: prevent that world's destruction by slaying its hero.

Accepting the goddess' request, he is reborn as Lugh Tuatha Dé, the son of a noble family of assassins serving the Alvan Kingdom. Under the guidance of his father, Lugh learns new assassination techniques that significantly differ from the cold-blooded and unsympathetic killing style of his previous life. Furthermore, his other talents bloom, allowing him to meet new allies and acquaintances. Even so, Lugh knows that his efforts are far from adequate, because a monumental adversary such as the hero can only be defeated with perfection.

Life with an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout
    From MyAnimeList: A dull old man and his handsome best friend were summoned to another world by a naked goddess! However, because of the goddess's mischief, he has turned into a peerless beautiful girl?! To get back his body, he has to go on a journey with his best friend to defeat the demon king!! "An old man that became a beautiful girl" and "A handsome old man"! Let the madness-filled, rom-com journey in another world begin!!

Admittedly, the latter is dopey as hell, and the protagonists are only in their early 30's, still, it appealed to me in a silly sort of way.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-22-2022 at 02:31 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I’m currently watching Death Note on Netflix. Pretty darned good imo.
    I recently finished Hunter x Hunter, Kaijin and Full Metal Alchemist. I really enjoyed all of them.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe