Keiko Nobumoto, Writer For Cowboy Bebop And Tokyo Godfathers, Dies At 57

https://kotaku.com/keiko-nobumoto-wr...dfa-1848197485
    Plan to rewatch Tokyo Godfathers in her honor. May she Rest In Peacex
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Keiko Nobumoto, Writer For Cowboy Bebop And Tokyo Godfathers, Dies At 57

https://kotaku.com/keiko-nobumoto-wr...dfa-1848197485
    Had a wonderful time watching the first two episodes of OG Cowboy Bebop a few weeks ago. Sad to hear about her passing (RIP)

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-13-2021 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member

The Bleach anime returns for the final arc in October 2022!

They've started the marketing for the movie Gundam: Cucuruz Doan's Island, a remake of the "lost" Gundam episode that was cut from most overseas releases because Tomino didn't like how it turned out. I've read the story isn't *awful* but the animation quality is what made Tomino cut it (A lot of shots are off-model such as a notably thinner Zaku in several shots). Naturally, this includes a lot of the staff from the Origin series, which was a pretty good prequel/semi-reboot of the original series. It's also probably going to be heavily based on the Origin spin-off manga MSD Cucucruz Doan's Island (Which in part seemed to be used to promote a "variation" line of models based on the Origin) based on the episode.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pening/.180831

Unfortunately it seems it's going to take a few more years for the rest of the Hathaway films to come out...
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-21-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Wish Attack on Titan wasn’t getting the proverbial ax. It’s one of the few out there that simply relies on its story.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Wish Attack on Titan wasn’t getting the proverbial ax. It’s one of the few out there that simply relies on its story.
    I'm not sure if it is accurate to call a series that reaches the conclusion as being axed. To me axed means cut down before it's time, rather than ending with conclusion from source material.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Both doraemon stand by me films now on netflix.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Dress Up Darling (Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru), making it's debut later this month on Crunchyroll looks to be interesting. From MyAnimeList:

Traumatized by a childhood incident with a friend who took exception to his love of traditional dolls, doll-artisan hopeful Wakana Gojou passes his days as a loner, finding solace in the home ec room at his high school. To Wakana, people like beautiful Marin Kitagawa, a trendy girl who's always surrounded by a throng of friends, is practically an alien from another world. But when cheerful Marin—never one to be shy—spots Wakana sewing away one day after school, she barges in with the aim of roping her quiet classmate into her secret hobby: cosplay! Will Wakana's wounded heart be able to handle the invasion from this sexy alien?!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I guess it's best to start a new thread for us anime fans to take part in and discuss shows and movies that are either out or are on the way to be released.

I finally watched both Love Live School Idol and K-On, one of them is way too cutesy and the other is funny.
    Love Live School Idol is really one of my favorite anime. I'm not as passionate about anime as I prefer mango, but this animation work was amazing.
    By the way, is there anyone who loves manga? I love it. Many people don't like manga because they don't like reading, but you have no idea how addicting it can be. I wouldn't say I'm a bibliophile, but I love reading manga.
    The last manga I read is The Legend of Zelda. It is deffintly worth reading.
    Last edited by jonydeap; 01-19-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Mighty Member

I just subscribed to Netflix, and while watching Teasing Master Nakagi-San, I noticed the warning in the upper right hand corner: "violence" and "smoking". Now I suppose teasing can be seen as "violence" by today's standereds, but smoking? Doesn't' Netflix know a bubble blower???

Ultimate Member

Well on Stargate SG1 the little notes in the corner list nudity for every episode, and for all of that there is nudity on the show, in all of one scene of one episode-the pilot, full frontal female nudity, but after that there's none for the rest of the 10 seasons of the show, so sometimes those little notes in the corner don't fit...

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I just subscribed to Netflix, and while watching Teasing Master Nakagi-San, I noticed the warning in the upper right hand corner: "violence" and "smoking". Now I suppose teasing can be seen as "violence" by today's standereds, but smoking? Doesn't' Netflix know a bubble blower???
    Netflix is kinda stuck in the 90s with how they think of anime. Maybe they can't understand how a love interest isn't committing felony assault on their literal "crush". You know she loves him when she hits him hard enough to knock his spirit out of his body.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Just started Assassination Classroom, I was skeptical at first, but that was a good pilot I must say.