Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Tiger and Bunny Season 2 dropped. Season 1 was better, but I did think it was good.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I'm nearly at the end of season 2 of Fire Force. (Episode 22 of 24). Although I liked the first few episodes and these last episodes seem pretty intense, it feels like it kind of dragged a bit in the middle with way too much exposition/backstory, especially since it mostly revolved around secondary characters such as Benimaru, Juggernaut and Joker rather than the main ones.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...emiere/.185816

Preview and release month for the reboot of Uresei Yatsura.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started Vampire in the Garden the other night. In a cold, barren, dystopian future where humans and vampires are at war, Fine, a melancholy vampire princess and Momo, a reluctant human soldier form a friendship and seek a land where the living and undead could co-exist in peace. It looks interesting.

Vampire_in_the_Garden-cover.jpg
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-20-2022 at 01:55 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Disastrous life of Saiki K. is pretty funny, but it has the fault of too many words spoken all at once, making many pauses a necessity to follow things through.

I'm also watching that My Name is Sakamoto anime, and overpowered characters can be pretty hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Started Vampire in the Garden the other night. In a cold, barren, dystopian future where humans and vampires are at war, Fine, a melancholy vampire princess and Momo, a reluctant human soldier form a friendship and seek a land where the living and undead could co-exist in peace. It looks interesting.
    Sounds interesting, might have to keep an eye out for it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Started an interesting new show on HiDive: The Executioner And Her Way of Life. In a fantasy world, Menou is an executioner tasked with killing "Lost Ones", people who come from another world called Japan and are given strange powers that, if left unchecked, could spell doom for her land. Menou's latest target is high schooler Akari Tokito, but she possesses a power that turns back time after she's killed, bringing her back to life. On top of that, Menou develops a friendship with Akari, making it even harder for her to kill the unkillable.

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-28-2022 at 02:32 AM.

There's new details about Gundam: Witch From Mercury. Looks like it's another alternate universe.

The Trigun reboot also has been formally announced as Trigun: Stampede and will come out next year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's new details about Gundam: Witch From Mercury. Looks like it's another alternate universe.

The Trigun reboot also has been formally announced as Trigun: Stampede and will come out next year.
    So Trigun Stampede is following Hellsing Ultimate, FMA Brotherhood and Fruits Basket from a few years ago and is going to be a more faithful adaptation?

Incredible Member

My favourite show this season is the remarkably silly but somehow watchable show about golf of all things Birdie Wing - Golf Girls’ Story. By the way I cannot understand why people go so nuts for that Kaguya-Sama show, yes I am thousands of years too old for its target audience but I just find the design work so cursed on it especially the faces. Not many shows I get such a dislike for the design work.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    So Trigun Stampede is following Hellsing Ultimate, FMA Brotherhood and Fruits Basket from a few years ago and is going to be a more faithful adaptation?
    You forgot Sailor Moon Crystal, but yeah, remaking shows that slavishly follow the original manga seems to be all the rage these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    My favourite show this season is the remarkably silly but somehow watchable show about golf of all things Birdie Wing - Golf Girls’ Story. By the way I cannot understand why people go so nuts for that Kaguya-Sama show, yes I am thousands of years too old for its target audience but I just find the design work so cursed on it especially the faces. Not many shows I get such a dislike for the design work.
    As a casual fan of golf, I also like Birdie Wing, though, like most sports anime, you have to suspend your belief system while watching this show since none of the talented ladies on the real life LPGA tour possess Eve’s brute strength or Aoi’s inhuman accuracy. As for Kaguya-sama, I find it pleasantly goofy and hilarious, something I regularly go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'm not sure about Fruits Basket, but both the original Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist had the issue of the anime outpacing the source material. Although in the case of Full Metal Alchemist the manga author provided the outline for the end of the anime, treating it as an alternate universe.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not sure about Fruits Basket, but both the original Hellsing and Full Metal Alchemist had the issue of the anime outpacing the source material. Although in the case of Full Metal Alchemist the manga author provided the outline for the end of the anime, treating it as an alternate universe.
    The same problem happened with the original Fruits Basket (as well as them making creative decisions that made it kind of difficult to adapt the rest of the story), while the second anime covered 98% of the manga faithfully.

Yay, the Devil Is A Part-Time is finally after nine years, getting a season two! While excited, I can't say I'm a fan of the implied Chibiusa/Trunks time traveler-type plot point -

The atrociously long gap between seasons brings up my least favorite aspect of Anime. Unlike Western Animation, Anime series tend to have an average 3-5 year gap between seasons which can be very frustrating for a fan. It's so common that they made an inside joke of the occurrence during the latest season of Date Alive; a new character took ten years to complete their Manga project and received shade from the main character because of it. Sometimes when a new season drops of a series I've followed I go back and watch the previous season because I've forgotten a few of the plot points. Does anyone else do that?
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-19-2022 at 09:28 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

The new adaptation of Spriggan has dropped on Netflix. One episode in and it isn't too bad. Still getting used to the different animation style though. That movie animation is hard to top.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Fruits Basket suffered as well. As you pointed out, so many anime series were made while their respective manga were running. In most cases, the anime series had to come up with alternate endings in order to satisfactory end the show. It's wasnt like it is nowadays where they aren't afraid to rest a show and bring it back once new material is available.