Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Recommendations this season are Lycoris Recoil. Highly polished show which though some of its aspects may not be the most original it’s overall very well done as a show from animation to story. Also Classroom of the Elite season two, though sometimes elements of the animation let down especially some odd colour choices which leave some scenes to dark and hard to see what’s going on.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 09-11-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Mighty Member

I watched Life Lessons with Uramichi Niisan today and now I wish there was a dvd of "MMan Eating Salmon vs Bunny On A Moped"...

Amazon and TMS has announced a Lupin III Vs. Cat's Eye movie.

While Lupin is well-known, Cat's Eye is a bit more obscure (arguably it's better known for it's opening theme song which was a big Karoake hit); it's basically about three sisters (With the middle sister Hitomi getting the most attention-and the opening titles) who are night-time Cat Burglars, but they only steal the art (Which frequently seems to come to Japan) of their missing father, in an attempt to locate his whereabouts. They operate out of a cafe with the same name, which happens to be next to the Police Department, which runs a sort of anti-Cat's eye task force; funny thing is, one of the detectives is Hitomi's boyfriend/fiancee who's relatively clueless about any connection. It ran for two seasons (72 episodes) and it's by Tsukawa Hojo, who later would create CITY HUNTER (Which is supposed to get an upcoming new movie).

Like CH it has a few live-action adaptations but they're harder to find I think (CH at least had Jackie Chan in it). It's been credited in part as the inspiration for the French/American toon TOTALLY SPIES. The girl's cafe also appears in later episodes of City Hunter and the sisters showed up in the 2019 animated movie Shinjuku Private Eyes (Probably part of the reason this is getting made).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was excellent. Great story, romance, animation, and music.

spoilers:
    I think the only reason I'm not more emotionally wrecked is 1) spoiling myself to heck beforehand and 2) personal hitbox variability, rather than any flaws in execution. I'm holding myself back from falling in, but I totally get it when people talk about being sad for days.
    end of spoilers
    I watched with Japanese audio, but it'd be nice to check out the dub sometime. Wish I had time today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was excellent. Great story, romance, animation, and music.
    (...)
    It's nice to see Edgerunners being so well recieved, to the point where even severals fans of the source game (the tabletop one) who disliked 2077's take on it, seem to consider it an okay to good adapation of the setting.

Especialy since it also means regardless of all the problems with the video game (past, present or future), there is something which will be fondly remembered comming out of the whole 8 years spanning build up.

This in turn could even improve the chances of an eventual follow up game by CD Project Red or a different developer (hopefully with a character building system closer to the original RPG, a better cloth and gear system and better visual expression of the player character), rather than the IP dropping into (relative) obscurity again because of the bad rep created by the disaster of a launch.

Not to forget that even those who might not have followed what was going on with the video game, but watched the anime, could now be aware of the setting and it's original RPG system, giving it more recognition.

Finaly it's good for Studio Trigger going forward to have another success under their belt again. Especialy since they are working on an adapation of Delicious in Dungeon, which i'm personaly looking foward to as a fan of the manga.

Yeah Edgerunners broke me emotionally. Whoof. Studio Trigger really killed it once again, such gorgeous fluid animation. The no holds barred seinen style violence reminded me of something out of a late 80s/early 90s OVA.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I give you THE coolest opening for 2022 from Ya Boy Kongming:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

New OP for SPY X FAMILY is damn pretty.

Incredible Member

Edgerunners was one of my top shows this year. It very much reminded me of a good eighties OVA which is a complement. The lesser content restrictions of Netflix really allowed Trigger to fly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New OP for SPY X FAMILY is damn pretty.
    Someone got me into the manga, when i was completely unaware of the anime currently being out. Now i have to hold myself back from watching it, because i want to read through the original first.

However reading said manga, i can understand why people might like the anime.

Witch From Mercury won't be on Gundaminfo (The Youtube Gundam channel) in North America; however it will be on Crunchyroll.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Witch From Mercury won't be on Gundaminfo (The Youtube Gundam channel) in North America; however it will be on Crunchyroll.
    The prologue is available in the UK but nothing beyond that so far but it’s streaming on Crunchyroll anyway.

Reportedly there were sub sync issues with the first episode, but they've been fixed.

It's been compared to Revolutionary Girl Utena a bit.

Any thoughts of GWITCH premiere or Spy X Family mid-season premiere?

The GWITCH one dealt less with the plot set up in the prologue, and more with introducing the main cast of characters but of course it has a pretty cool Gundam fight, although this time with the Gundam in it's proper colors (Which are compared to the French flag!).

SPY X FAMILY also introduces the fourth main character, the dog and is the usual silly fun but with the usual awesome moments as well.

Extraordinary Member

A nice little 9 minute tribute to Naruto as the series turns 20 years old. Yes, I'm a day late. I just saw this today.