Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Box Office (2024)

A thread where you can talk about:

-Box Office numbers and success each weekend
    -Box Office Surprises which movie can out of nowhere and did good
    -Box office Tracking
    -General Movie news
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-13-2024 at 11:58 PM.

Default The Box Office (2024)

i admit i was a bit pessimistic of Aquaman 2's chances of success, but I am glad it is doing incredibly well at the box office especially outside North America. It beat the Marvels. Good news for DCEU and WB.

Went to the theater today to see Aquaman II and it was sold out. People leaving the previous showing said it was a fun film unlike the other DC films this year.

Ultimate Member

Aquaman 2 has made around $260 million ww. It's not a huge hit but it's not a gigantic bomb like The Marvels or Napoleon (I think Napoleon was meant for streaming but still).

Aquaman 2 should end up with $300m +, it won't turn a profit but it looked to do worse than that at one point.

Wonka is doing pretty well. It's not a movie that I kept an eye out for but it's nearing $400m which is good I guess.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-01-2024 at 03:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wonka is currently doing more than 3 times its reported budget in theaters, I wouldn't be surprised if WB considered a sequel to it and I wonder if it will raise Chalamet's profile for the delayed Dune 2.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah , Wonka is becoming a not such as big Barbie hit , but has legs. I remember seeing the usual folks crying "it went woke n broke..." after 1 weekend. They didn't realize the film may have legs to it and keep rolling. Now they are silent as crickets....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spider-verse 2 returning to theaters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c..._returning_to/

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Wonka is currently doing more than 3 times its reported budget in theaters, I wouldn't be surprised if WB considered a sequel to it and I wonder if it will raise Chalamet's profile for the delayed Dune 2.
    If WB is doing a sequel, it should be another prequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Because in next few years, Timothee Chalamat will still look too young to be the Wonka that's going to meet Charlie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If WB is doing a sequel, it should be another prequel to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Because in next few years, Timothee Chalamat will still look too young to be the Wonka that's going to meet Charlie.
    I think anyone that saw the movie knows Oompa Loomba is the next step

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah , Wonka is becoming a not such as big Barbie hit , but has legs. I remember seeing the usual folks crying "it went woke n broke..." after 1 weekend. They didn't realize the film may have legs to it and keep rolling. Now they are silent as crickets....
    Those guys are clowns.

In recent weeks, its been coming out that a lot of these guys are simply plagiarists which makes sense.

I still remember how they did a 180 on Barbie and pretended that film wasn't woke when that movie literally stopped at several points to lecture its audience. Barbie had every single progressive buzzword from labelling stereotypical Barbie as a white savior to the Barbies fighting the patriarchy.

But its par for the course because its obvious a lot of these guys don't actually watch what they critique. They just copy and paste what other people say and from what we know now they simply plagiarise others.

Astonishing Member

The teenage girl character in Barbie was also activist minded and called Barbie a fascist.

And what's even supposed to be "woke" about Wonka (Wokeka?)? That the co-lead is a black girl and the movie is not virulently racist (the city is pretty corrupt and looks down on the poor and unfortunate but they're from every walk of life and one of the chocolate kingpins is black)? That word hardly means anything anymore or the bar for it is really low.

Reports migration has passed wish at the domestic box office.

Varity asks how this years movies will do.

https://variety.com/2024/film/featur...ed-1235848578/

Looks like deadpool 3 and avatar 3 will get china releases.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The teenage girl character in Barbie was also activist minded and called Barbie a fascist.

And what's even supposed to be "woke" about Wonka (Wokeka?)? That the co-lead is a black girl and the movie is not virulently racist (the city is pretty corrupt and looks down on the poor and unfortunate but they're from every walk of life and one of the chocolate kingpins is black)? That word hardly means anything anymore or the bar for it is really low.
    I think they slammed Wonka as woke for the number of black people in it (i believe the main "villain" was black).

With these guys, once they see a minority in anything, it's automatically political.

Speaking of woke... you know, Universal Studios released Dracula in 1931 and then Frankenstein later that year. Frankenstein has got a gay director (James Whale) and a gay lead actor (Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein). Do you think there were dudes in 1931 who were all, like; "The Universal Monsters were great before they went woke!"

Astonishing Member

As if the people care about woke or not. Does anyone really think that has an influence on the box office?