Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anime Discussion (2021)

I guess it's best to start a new thread for us anime fans to take part in and discuss shows and movies that are either out or are on the way to be released.

I finally watched both Love Live School Idol and K-On, one of them is way too cutesy and the other is funny.

This is a relatable moment, and is presented in a funny way.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

The second cour of Re:Zero season two has started, as well as the second season of Quintessential Quintuplets.

Gonna check those out later today. Should be fun.

Sad to see the old thread go.

Here's hoping the new thread will be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I guess it's best to start a new thread for us anime fans to take part in and discuss shows and movies that are either out or are on the way to be released.

I finally watched both Love Live School Idol and K-On, one of them is way too cutesy and the other is funny.

https://i.imgur.com/uwI08uj.gif

Believe it or not, I truly enjoyed K-On and wished that it had gone on longer. Here's one of my favorite scenes...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

K-ON was cool, but Love Live was my jam!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I rewatched BEASTARS season 1 and it holds up. I'm hoping season 2 stays good.

Attack on Titan's final season returns after a two week break. Given the content it will adapt it should be one of the best episodes in the series.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

They never did animate the k-on collage follow up manga did they?

All-New Member

K-On all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
    K-On all the way
    To the utmost, I agree! An all-time classic (LOL):

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

At long last, an anime series about ice hockey, my third favorite sport after baseball and football! Watched the first episode of PureOre: Pride of Orange Friday night, cutesy for sure, but, it looks interesting!

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-07-2021 at 03:42 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pt-art/.179395

The Gundam of course is a bit hard to make out but seems at a glance to incorporate design elements from several 'main' Gundams.

However, the image of a Gundam in silhouette rising and doing the green eyes among flames kind of seems to directly reference the ending of the first Gundam seed episode.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-09-2021 at 08:53 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anybody a bit concerned about the political/AOT-related stuff this week? I personally don't watch the show but I'm wondering if this might have some backlash for anime as a whole.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

All-New Member

Love Live School Idol is really one of my favorite anime. I'm not as passionate about anime as I prefer mango, but this animation work was amazing.
    By the way, is there anyone who loves manga? I love it. Many people don't like manga because they don't like reading, but you have no idea how addicting it can be. I wouldn't say I'm a bibliophile, but I love reading manga.
    The last manga I read is The Legend of Zelda. It is deffintly worth reading.
    Last edited by jonydeap; 01-19-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Mighty Member

I just subscribed to Netflix, and while watching Teasing Master Nakagi-San, I noticed the warning in the upper right hand corner: "violence" and "smoking". Now I suppose teasing can be seen as "violence" by today's standereds, but smoking? Doesn't' Netflix know a bubble blower???

Ultimate Member

Well on Stargate SG1 the little notes in the corner list nudity for every episode, and for all of that there is nudity on the show, in all of one scene of one episode-the pilot, full frontal female nudity, but after that there's none for the rest of the 10 seasons of the show, so sometimes those little notes in the corner don't fit...