Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Demon slayer is getting the "anime film" treatment again in america. Extra fathom event high price, theatres shoving it off it odd 4pm showings and sony not putting any ads for it out.

That's how anime is treating by hollywood here. It does not matter how much the film makes overseas this is how anime films are treated here. They have it worse then pre 90s comic book movies did! (those at least got wide releases!)

Don't have much hope for demon slayers box office in america now,

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! It's finally happening! Totally looking forward to this!

There's an old videotape dub called CLASH OF THE BIONOIDS that's basically an edited version of the really bad Hong Kong English dub that came out in the late 80s, but it'd be nice to have a proper release of DYRL.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Demon slayer is getting the "anime film" treatment again in america. Extra fathom event high price, theatres shoving it off it odd 4pm showings and sony not putting any ads for it out.

That's how anime is treating by hollywood here. It does not matter how much the film makes overseas this is how anime films are treated here. They have it worse then pre 90s comic book movies did! (those at least got wide releases!)

Don't have much hope for demon slayers box office in america now,
    Yeah, anime releases don't tend to receive very good treatment over here, but at least in my area, tickets are selling out surprisingly fast for the Demon Slayer movie. It has a lot of hype surrounding it, but I definitely thought COVID would slow it down.

I'm getting my tickets soon, hopefully it'll have a good overall showing, if it's selling everywhere the way it is in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's an old videotape dub called CLASH OF THE BIONOIDS that's basically an edited version of the really bad Hong Kong English dub that came out in the late 80s, but it'd be nice to have a proper release of DYRL.
    Agreed. Truly a cinematic masterpiece (IMHO):

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Is anyone watching Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song?

It's written by the same author as Re:Zero. It's about a musician AI who gets a mission from the future to stop genocide on humanity by future AIs. I like the episodes out so far. The MC's kindness reminds me of Superman.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Is anyone watching Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song?

It's written by the same author as Re:Zero. It's about a musician AI who gets a mission from the future to stop genocide on humanity by future AIs. I like the episodes out so far. The MC's kindness reminds me of Superman.
    Just started the show the other day. Looks interesting so far.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Forgot about the funny jokes added to the dub. Kind of like the inspector dubbed version more as he had some fun jokes over the no jokes japan version.

"Have we figured out the cause of death?" "We are pretty sure it's the big knife in his back sir." Lol.

Last edited by Gaastra; 04-13-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Demon slayer is now the most watched anime on netflix.

https://asapland.com/kimetsu-no-yaib...netflix/73259/

Promised Neverland Season 2 has started on Adult Swim. But I have heard terrible things about it. Is it worth watching, or will I just be disappointed?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Promised Neverland Season 2 has started on Adult Swim. But I have heard terrible things about it. Is it worth watching, or will I just be disappointed?
    I'm watching season one on Funimation and like what I'm seeing so far.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm watching season one on Funimation and like what I'm seeing so far.
    Season 1 is really good. I have heard season 2 is very disappointing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Forgot about the funny jokes added to the dub. Kind of like the inspector dubbed version more as he had some fun jokes over the no jokes japan version.

[video=youtube;aTbRiLMUfb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbRiLMUfb8[video]
    I've got the feeling I've heard Shinichi's English voice before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You should probably prepare to be disappointed.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I've got the feeling I've heard Shinichi's English voice before.
    Teen Jimmy was Jerry jewell who did fruit baskets, Evo, full metal alchemist, Principle on our hero academia, lyon on fairy tail, overlord, attack on titan and others.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1235266/...ttfc_fc_cl_t12

Teen Jimmy was Jerry jewell who did fruit baskets, Evo, full metal alchemist, Principle on our hero academia, lyon on fairy tail, overlord, attack on titan and others.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1235266/...ttfc_fc_cl_t12
    Probably Barry the Chopper from Brotherhood. I don't usually watch dub anime, but my brother watches the dub of FMA Brotherhood and I watch it with him sometimes, probably where I heard his voice.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post

You should probably prepare to be disappointed.
    Would you recommend not watching at all?