Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1202

Looks like the whole Macross deal wasn't as absolute as thought, the new Macross video game NA release art omits Minmei, and probably other content.

I guess they can't include characters that also appear in Robotech, so that means no new release of the original or DYRL.

However, the game art does have characters from the sequels despite Macross 7 at least featuring Max, Miriya, and Exedore? Unless when Macross 7 is released they edit them out as well as other references to the original characters
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

While it did created a sizeable fanbase in the US, that the Robotech/Macross situation is still causing such licensing conflicts is quite unfortunate.

Though Harmoney Gold USA does have a history being rather agressive in their license regarding Macross (see the conflict with the BattleTech board game).

However isn't europe and with that the UK unaffected by the situation because of Robotech only being a US licensed franchise, hence why europe can have Macross releases just fine, including a local english dub of Do You Remember Love which could be re-released just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like the whole Macross deal wasn't as absolute as thought, the new Macross video game NA release art omits Minmei, and probably other content.

I guess they can't include characters that also appear in Robotech, so that means no new release of the original or DYRL.

However, the game art does have characters from the sequels despite Macross 7 at least featuring Max, Miriya, and Exedore? Unless when Macross 7 is released they edit them out as well as other references to the original characters
    The Minmei issue might be the music rather than the character.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Although I've not read from any major sources the main rumor is that HG doesn't want brand confusion with Robotech and that caused not only the removal of the Minmei artwork, but it's likely that other stuff with the original Macross will be effected as well, like DYRL. the Flashback OAV, maybe Zero etc. Of course Plus and II won't be affected but they've always been fairly available, although not in HD until recently. Pretty sure Frontier and Delta are OK too since they have some limited releases already in the last two years in the US.

Granted, there have been music issues with anime before so maybe that could be an issue. Zeta Gundam, for example, had to have it's OP and ED music replaced due to using music from Neil Sedeka (Neil actually worked on the songs himself but there's certain rights issues involved since they sound similar to some of his other work).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Nearly at the end of the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist for don't know how many times, I love certain things about this one more than Brotherhood, like the intermission title.

Wow, 2 decades of age come September. Feels weird for me thinking that way.
    20years since fma? Time sure does fly..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

So Lupin III will cameo in the new City Hunter movie. Kind of fitting since he teamed up with Cat's Eye last year and Cat's Eye also will appear in this film (They also appeared in the last City Hunter movie in 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That's the first anime I got my wife to watch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Saw this on Facebook this morning! To anyone who's watched Attack On Titan, you'll get the joke!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

^^^Yeah! I totally get it...

Yet another episode of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Undead has been delayed.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member

The Fist of the North Star Manga to mark its fortieth anniversary is to get a new anime adaptation.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.202260

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    What's up with Zom 100: Bucket list of the Dead? There's been a delayed episode after a delayed episode.
    Rumoured to be multiple production issues on the show.