Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1192

Some of the mecha in Gundam do have a bit of a medieval armor look to them at times-the Gyan of course is the most obvious example (as well as similar suits in Z/ZZ), although the Gouf as well, especially since it seems designed more for melee combat than it's Zaku cousins.

The Gundam itself is patterned after Samurai armor, and the Marasai and Sazabi also seem to have major Samurai influence in their designs, in particular their helmets.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

"People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's a surprise. I'm guessing Netflix really wanted their own version of the anime too.

Extraordinary Member

Incredible Member

The Reze arc of Chainsaw Man is to be animated as a movie. Trailer below:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...c-film/.205606

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's a surprise. I'm guessing Netflix really wanted their own version of the anime too.
    It’s meant allegedly to be more faithful to the manga and without the filler content.

Official statement:

“This project is a project to redraw the animation of "ONE PIECE" from the East Sea edition as a modern video. In a different line from the TV anime series, which is still moving forward at maximum power after 25 years, we want to explore the expressions that are only possible today, and present Luffy's adventures in a nostalgic yet new way. The release date is still a long way off, and it is a long project that will take even more time to complete, but with the help of our new partners WIT STUDIO and Netflix, we hope to bring ``ONE PIECE'' to fans around the world and to the future. The "ALL ONE PIECE" team will do our best to deliver this to the generation that is exposed to the world.The announcement has finally been made! ``THE ONE PIECE''. After thinking through many concerns before taking on this new adventure, I decided to discuss it with everyone and take a stand. ``ONE PIECE'' is an anime with over 1000 episodes created by everyone at Toei Animation. I am humbled by the weight of that history and the prospect of charting a new trajectory. We aim to electrify people all over the world by carefully depicting the challenges of pursuing dreams, friendship with friends, and hope for the future, as depicted by Eiichiro Oda. In order to deliver this work to every corner of the world, we still need the help of all creators. Would you like to participate in this project and engrave your name on the film? WIT STUDIO is looking forward to your participation!!”

https://twitter.com/Luca_dokkan/stat...696856492?s=20
    Last edited by Top Hat; 12-17-2023 at 06:02 AM.

I'm here for all the One Piece content. Couldn't be happier with this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Kind of sounds a bit similar to the Uresei Yatsura remake from last year.

There was also Dragonball Kai but I think that was mainly just re-edited versions of the show with some new animation? Kind of like how compilation movies are occasionally done, using footage from the shows or OAVs but occasionally adding some new animated sequences or some small shifts in continuity to help justify sell it, like the Gundam compilation movies, Evangelion Death and Rebirth etc. I haven't seen much of One Piece so I'm not sure if it did something similar with it's movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of sounds a bit similar to the Uresei Yatsura remake from last year.

There was also Dragonball Kai but I think that was mainly just re-edited versions of the show with some new animation? Kind of like how compilation movies are occasionally done, using footage from the shows or OAVs but occasionally adding some new animated sequences or some small shifts in continuity to help justify sell it, like the Gundam compilation movies, Evangelion Death and Rebirth etc. I haven't seen much of One Piece so I'm not sure if it did something similar with it's movies.
    DB Kai was merely a remaster of the original with a new opening. This One Piece version is a complete remake from the ground up.

One Piece has specials that summarize the arcs in about an hour with new animation, but they alter certain aspects of the story, and some of the changes are mind boggling.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

One of the odd changes is to replace Vivi with Robin in the arc where Chopper joins...

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    DB Kai was merely a remaster of the original with a new opening. This One Piece version is a complete remake from the ground up.

One Piece has specials that summarize the arcs in about an hour with new animation, but they alter certain aspects of the story, and some of the changes are mind boggling.
    So basically more akin to Uresei Yatsura.

Wouldn't mind a few animes getting redone, or even get a proper adaptation here and there. Ranma 1/2 seems a good candidate, we've already got UY redone and I think R 1/2 still has a fairly significant western following that could help.

Battle Angel Alita has an American movie and is sort of still running manga (although the original story technically ended in 1995) but only has the one OAV.

City Hunter and Cat's Eye have had fairly recent revivals in movies and some live-action TV shows but haven't had a proper anime since the 80s and 90s.

Detective conan did a few remake episodes also with updated animation. A non filler conan remake would be great. My nephews love one piece so they will watch this reboot.

Speaking of conan here is the american trailer for silver bullets american release for those who missed it.

Incredible Member

Zom 100 season finale trailer:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

From what i gather this going to be more true to the manga from the title design.I wonder if they'll make different osts.I freaking love "to the grandline" ost and overtaken..This might even become full metal Alchemist brotherhood.Maybe oda has given toei team a green flag to do what they want with current one piece as it is nearing current manga chaoters as well.so when the new anime will be one to one adaptation.The previous one will be anime team's version of one piece.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-20-2023 at 05:30 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

From what i gather this going to be more true to the manga from the title design.I wonder if they'll make different osts.I freaking love "to the grandline" ost and overtaken..This might even become full metal Alchemist brotherhood.Maybe oda has given toei team a green flag to do what they want with current one piece as it is nearing current manga chaoters as well.so when the new anime will be one to one adaptation.The previous one will be anime team's version of one piece.
    Yeah, the new one will likely closely follow the source material but with better pacing, no filler, and updated animation. It will be structured by seasons, making it a great entry point for new fans.

However, I will miss some things as well. The music of One Piece is top-notch, with tracks like Overtaken, "The Very, Very, Strongest," and Whitebeard's Theme, just to name a few. Also, it will be impossible to surpass We Are, which has become synonymous with the brand.

It's funny that you mentioned Brotherhood because the music is one aspect I really missed from the original anime. Bratja is the single best song of the entire franchise.