Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It was announced today that, of all things, The Devil is a Part-Timer! is getting a second season after 8 years off. And the people of Greenland get a sudden chill that has nothing to do with the climate....
    Aw hells yeah! I loved season 1! Tried to get through the manga, but the scans were rough, to say the least.

Mighty Member

Got some good laughs from Wasteful Days of High School Girls today, especially when chunnibyou Yamai wore her gas mask to school!

Been waiting for this one.

"They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

[video=youtube;1Ykbdi94frI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ykbdi94frI[video]
    Mashima Hiro loves to value friendships in his series.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Netflix needs a lot more anime...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Mashima Hiro loves to value friendships in his series.
    He does indeed, although as a reader of the manga I can say the tone isn't quite the same. Its not dark per se, but compared to Fairy Tail...things don't work out as nice and neat all the time. Its a little more like Rave Master in this regard.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A year ago, I gave Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War a looksee, but found the show dumb and dumped it after the first episode. A year later, on a whim, I decided to give the show another try, and brother, I'm glad I did, because it hooked me like a fish! This show is a hoot and a half, the cast, especially Chika are hilarious, this is some of the funniest stuff I've watched in quite some time!

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-13-2021 at 03:21 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

He does indeed, although as a reader of the manga I can say the tone isn't quite the same. Its not dark per se, but compared to Fairy Tail...things don't work out as nice and neat all the time. Its a little more like Rave Master in this regard.
    Interesting differences. Different tones can be a good change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A year ago, I gave Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War a looksee, but found the show dumb and dumped it after the first episode. A year later, on a whim, I decided to give the show another try, and brother, I'm glad I did, because it hooked me like a fish! This show is a hoot and a half, the cast, especially Chika are hilarious, this is some of the funniest stuff I've watched in quite some time!
    I'm hyped for season 3.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Fog Hill Of the Five Elements - Interesting animation.

Come across thru https://old.reddit.com/r/Animesugges...ch_man_season/ (Post has link to YT with full series; Not linking to YT directly, since I am not sure if that's allowed).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

This looks so much like fairy tail in it's art style with similar looking characters. One could confused this of being a sequel to fairy tail.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    This looks so much like fairy tail in it's art style with similar looking characters. One could confused this of being a sequel to fairy tail.
    Yeah, because the Manga is the current work of Hiro Mashima, the Mangaka of Fairy Tail.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah, because the Manga is the current work of Hiro Mashima, the Mangaka of Fairy Tail.
    And while it certainly looks like Fairy Tail, it does have a different tone overall with more somber moments and some seriously dark scenes that are bound to unnerve people expecting just another Fairy Tail clone.

I'd also say that Edens Zero in general has better writing than Fairy Tail, but that's just a personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

You just have to get past the fact that the stated hook isn't really what the show is about. Some of the jokes told early on require knowing about the manga - like how they repeated the first episode mantra for the second episode but not any others after that. It turns out that's a reference to the manga changing publishers early in the run, and they re-ran the intro explainer when they did so.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You just have to get past the fact that the stated hook isn't really what the show is about. Some of the jokes told early on require knowing about the manga - like how they repeated the first episode mantra for the second episode but not any others after that. It turns out that's a reference to the manga changing publishers early in the run, and they re-ran the intro explainer when they did so.
    Yeah, read a few chapters of the manga and did a double-take when that happened. Some pretty good stuff there, but it just didn't hook me for some reason. Usually I love simple comedy series (including romcoms).

Two episodes remain for me to watch all of Akame Ga Kill, and I have a mix of emotions watching this that range from optimistic and joyful to dark and sorrowful.
    It's been a ride, and I'm glad to have experienced it.

My favorite character is probably Wave

This little cheerful guy who could fit in either side.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE