Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Can't tell to much without spoilers but guys sister is turned into a demon. He travels with her to find a cure and joins and trains to be a demon slayer.

Shows tone is all over the place. First episode is dark as can be then episode 2 starts with naruto comedy and a cute segment then it can get gory and scary when they fight demons right out of a nightmare on elm street movie! The battles are blade movie gory but the rest can have a lighthearted tone and naruto like gags at times! It's all over the place!

Here is a girl going to see the film in japan. Note all the toys and stuff based on it in the video. They have demon slayer stuff everywhere in japan like detective conan and doreamon stuff! You can get demon slayer toys from those capsule machines you find at food stores there! There are many of these videos on youtube.

Ultimate Member

I'd barely heard of this here but I didn't know it was that big in Japan!

Detective conan, doreamon and demon slayer are huge there! As marvel found out putting avengers infinity war against a detective conan movie at the japan box office! Conan crushed avengers like a bug!

The next year conan film was released a month early then endgame and still crushed endgame at the japan box office! Don't mess with detective conan in japan!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Detective conan, doreamon and demon slayer are huge there! As marvel found out putting avengers infinity war against a detective conan movie at the japan box office! Conan crushed avengers like a bug!

The next year conan film was released a month early then endgame and still crushed endgame at the japan box office! Don't mess with detective conan in japan!
    Does Marvel not do as well in Japan because it has so many of its own big heroes and universes?

Conan has been around for over 20 years and hit episode 1000 plus live action films and a spin-off and ova series so more then one generation has watched it. The movies are huge hits there so it did not matter what film it was you don't put a movie the same day as a detective conan film in japan!

It's so big there is a conan airport, a conan train station, cafe based on it and a full town based on it!

It's so know both the army and firefighters have played the theme song!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Conan has been around for over 20 years and hit episode 1000 plus live action films and a spin-off and ova series so more then one generation has watched it. The movies are huge hits there so it did not matter what film it was you don't put a movie the same day as a detective conan film in japan!

It's so big there is a conan airport, a conan train station, cafe based on it and a full town based on it!

I'm guessing he's not played by Jason Momoa

recently I watched an anime called March Comes in like a Lion. The anime has a melancholic feel to it. It's not just about shogi. It is about a depressed and cynical high school boy who's a shogi prodigy having disillusions about his future. I imagine what he's been through. I know because I was in his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    recently I watched an anime called March Comes in like a Lion. The anime has a melancholic feel to it. It's not just about shogi. It is about a depressed and cynical high school boy who's a shogi prodigy having disillusions about his future. I imagine what he's been through. I know because I was in his shoes.
    Both the anime and the manga it's based on are excellent. And you are right, it isn't really about Shogi despite the MC being a professional Shogi player. You can know nothing about the game and still enjoy the series.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Both the anime and the manga it's based on are excellent. And you are right, it isn't really about Shogi despite the MC being a professional Shogi player. You can know nothing about the game and still enjoy the series.
    The same can be said about Chihiyafuru, a slice of life show centered around high schoolers playing competitive karuta, a traditional Japanese card game. The show, featuring a MC named Chihiya, a girl who's borderline obsessed with the game, ran three seasons and was utterly enthralling, especially the game play during tournaments. Like shogi, I don't understand a blessed thing about karuta, but it interests me greatly.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-26-2021 at 04:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

WWP, did you finish High-Rise Invasion? Do you recommend it?

Anyone watch the Korean show Sweet Home? It's not anime, but it sure felt like live action anime.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Anyone watch the Korean show Sweet Home? It's not anime, but it sure felt like live action anime.
    Sweet Home's based on a webtoon
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I'm about halfway through the show (attention's been diverted by March Madness) and it's been a wild, violent and bloody ride which I've enjoyed so far. Yeah, I'd recommend it. Give it a shot.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!