Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I really do like these anime rap videos.

Many anime films including lugwig and the witch, ride your wave, a whisker away, demon slayer the movie, on-gaku, and lupin submitted for animated film at the academy awards.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-oscar/.168606

Of course they are fighting soul, onward and croods 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Anyone watching Jujutsu Kaisen? At first i didn't give much credit for it, cause it looks like a cross between Naruto and Bleach, but now i'm totally on board.

Something that this series has going on for it is the animation, it's top notch. And the openings are amazing, some of my favorite of late.
    I recently watched everything that has come out as of right now and episodes 8-13 really blew me away.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

Hell's Paradise is getting an anime adaptation:

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
    I recently watched everything that has come out as of right now and episodes 8-13 really blew me away.
    I usually watch 2 to 3 series at time, but this current season i'm watching a lot of stuff.

Jujutsu Kaisen
    Promised Neverland
    Dr Stone Stone Wars
    Attack on Titan Final Season
    Re:Zero 2nd Season Part 2
    SK8 the Infinity
    2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu
    Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken

And One Piece that i'm watching since forever.

I'm a sucker for sports animes, if anyone has some recommendations, i'm all ears.

I already saw: Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, Ahiru no Sora (This one i actually dropped by episode 10, but i'm intend to go back), Captain Tsubasa, Diamond no Ace and of course Slam Dunk (The anime is all over the place, i love the voice acting, but the animation didn't hold up at all. The Manga tho, is one of my favorites of all time).

Is anyone has any suggestions, please go ahead.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-23-2021 at 05:28 AM.

I'm a sucker for sports animes, if anyone has some recommendations, i'm all ears.

I'm already saw: Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, Ahiru no Sora (This one i actually dropped by episode 10, but i'm intend to go back), Captain Tsubasa, Diamond no Ace and of course Slam Dunk (The anime is all over the place, i love the voice acting, but the animation didn't hold up at all. The Manga tho, is one of my favorites of all time).

IMHO, Princess Nine is highly recommended:

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I already saw: Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, Ahiru no Sora (This one i actually dropped by episode 10, but i'm intend to go back), Captain Tsubasa, Diamond no Ace and of course Slam Dunk (The anime is all over the place, i love the voice acting, but the animation didn't hold up at all. The Manga tho, is one of my favorites of all time).

All Out!! An excellent show about a ragtag high school rugby team reaching for the stars. The action scenes were well done AND bone crunching! The show is currently streaming on Crunchyroll, and there's a home video release.

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-23-2021 at 03:16 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Anyone watching Jujutsu Kaisen? At first i didn't give much credit for it, cause it looks like a cross between Naruto and Bleach, but now i'm totally on board.

Something that this series has going on for it is the animation, it's top notch. And the openings are amazing, some of my favorite of late.
    Been following JK not long after it started in Japan (I came across the manga online). When the anime was announced I was beyond excited and it hasn't disappointed!

I can see why some would suggest there is a Bleach! Influence, but apparently Akutami is a massive Yu Yu Hakusho fan. Which is why it is heavy on the horror and fighting. He is even trying to get his art style to closely resemble Togashi's. He tries to pattern his villains after Sensui from the Chapter Black Saga.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Been following JK not long after it started in Japan (I came across the manga online). When the anime was announced I was beyond excited and it hasn't disappointed!

I can see why some would suggest there is a Bleach! Influence, but apparently Akutami is a massive Yu Yu Hakusho fan. Which is why it is heavy on the horror and fighting. He is even trying to get his art style to closely resemble Togashi's. He tries to pattern his villains after Sensui from the Chapter Black Saga.
    The mangaka has stated that both Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho, along with Hunter x Hunter and Naruto, are inspirations for Jujutsu Kaisen.

Thanks for the Suggetsions, K7P5V and WestPhillyPunisher! I'll look it up!

Well, Bleach has a lot of Yu Yu Hakusho in it too, even tho Yu Yu Hakusho 10x better.

Most of this mangakas are fans of Togashi.
    Kishimoto was inspired by Hiei when made Sasuke, and straight up gave the name Kurama for his Nine Tails Fox.

Can't blame them, Togashi is a genius and his works are top notch.
    The only bad part of his work are the infinite hiatus nowadays. I already made peace that i'll never see the end of HxH.

I usually watch 2 to 3 series at time, but this current season i'm watching a lot of stuff.

Jujutsu Kaisen
    Promised Neverland
    Dr Stone Stone Wars
    Attack on Titan Final Season
    Re:Zero 2nd Season Part 2
    SK8 the Infinity
    2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu
    Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken

And One Piece that i'm watching since forever.

Most of the stuff I' m watching are sequels

Attack on Titan The Final Season
    The Promised Neverland Season 2
    Jujutsu Kaisen
    Rezero season 2

I will also probably watch Beastars season 2 whe it drops on Netflix.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Hell's Paradise is getting an anime adaptation:

It's serialization is wrapping up this month. So the anime should be fairly faithful.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the Suggetsions, K7P5V and WestPhillyPunisher! I'll look it up!

Well, Bleach has a lot of Yu Yu Hakusho in it too, even tho Yu Yu Hakusho 10x better.

Most of this mangakas are fans of Togashi.
    Kishimoto was inspired by Hiei when made Sasuke, and straight up gave the name Kurama for his Nine Tails Fox.

Can't blame them, Togashi is a genius and his works are top notch.
    The only bad part of his work are the infinite hiatus nowadays. I already made peace that i'll never see the end of HxH.
    Well, the chronic back issues don't help. But he is also someone who has always liked to march to the beat of his own drum. The constant pressures from the editors of Shonen Jump coupled with the grueling schedule of manga production caused him to wrap up Yu Yu Hakusho earlier than he originally intended. So it is a mixture of both.

I do think Hunter X Hunter will be finished eventually. Berserk on the other hand...

Well, the chronic back issues don't help. But he is also someone who has always liked to march to the beat of his own drum. The constant pressures from the editors of Shonen Jump coupled with the grueling schedule of manga production caused him to wrap up Yu Yu Hakusho earlier than he originally intended. So it is a mixture of both.

I do think Hunter X Hunter will be finished eventually. Berserk on the other hand...
    At least Miura is publishing like 4 chapters a year, we haven't had a H xH chapter in two years.

Yeah, the end of Yu Yu Hakusho in the manga is very abrupt, he even spiked Yusuke fight with Yomi, which was a bummer. The anime at least gave more action, and they dealt with the end in a much better way imo.

Funny how the only way Jump convinced him to get back with HxH was to give him complete creative freadom at his own pace. And he gave them his masterpiece.

And the dude had two huge sucess one after the other. Something Kishimoto can't say for himself with his manga with space samurais.