Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's another goofy show (airing on Crunchyroll) that piqued my interest and got chuckles out of me:

Love After World Domination
    Fudo Aikawa and Desumi Magahara are two starcrossed lovers fumbling their way through a romantic relationship. Problem is, Fudo's the leader of the superhero group Gelato Five while Desumi is the Reaper Princess from the villainous Secret Society Gecko, technically making them mortal enemies. Call it Romeo and Juliet meets Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and it's a ridiculous hoot, the sort of show I found entertaining.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's another goofy show (airing on Crunchyroll) that piqued my interest and got chuckles out of me:

Fudo Aikawa and Desumi Magahara are two starcrossed lovers fumbling their way through a romantic relationship. Problem is, Fudo's the leader of the superhero group Gelato Five while Desumi is the Reaper Princess from the villainous Secret Society Gecko, technically making them mortal enemies. Call it Romeo and Juliet meets Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and it's a ridiculous hoot, the sort of show I found entertaining.

It is a great Super Sentai or more so Americanized Power Rangers parody. I was reminded of Austin Powers ripping on James Bond back when I was a kid in a good way. I loved it.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Doesn't anyone get culture shock from watching anime, especially My Neighbor Totoro.

My Neighbor Totoro was supposed to be a kids' movie. But there was a bathroom scene where the father is bathing with his two daughters still in primary school and kindergarten respectively. All three are in birthday suits.

I know it is a Japanese custom/cultural thing, but seeing a father and daughters bathing naked together in a movie aimed at children feels weird. I actually watched the fansub. But Did the English dub US version of My Neighbor Totoro censor the scene? I didn't watch the English dub.

Crunchyroll just bought Rightstuf. As a Gundam fan I think that's pretty cool-Right stuf pretty much saved the series's troubled North American distribution after Bandai's missteps.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Crunchyroll just bought Rightstuf. As a Gundam fan I think that's pretty cool-Right stuf pretty much saved the series's troubled North American distribution after Bandai's missteps.
    Does this mean that Crunchyroll will finally start showing the English-Dubbed versions? Or is it still too much of a legal headache?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Doesn't anyone get culture shock from watching anime, especially My Neighbor Totoro.

My Neighbor Totoro was supposed to be a kids' movie. But there was a bathroom scene where the father is bathing with his two daughters still in primary school and kindergarten respectively. All three are in birthday suits.

I know it is a Japanese custom/cultural thing, but seeing a father and daughters bathing naked together in a movie aimed at children feels weird. I actually watched the fansub. But Did the English dub US version of My Neighbor Totoro censor the scene? I didn't watch the English dub.
    This does trouble me to an extent, however, I am more bothered by the prevalence of Lolis, Traps (usually played for cruel jokes), and *sigh* (most disturbingly of all) big brother-little sister semi-romances in Manga/Anime. It is not my native culture so maybe I'm being too quick to judge, but, I do find those aspects um highly problematic (for lack of a better term).
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-06-2022 at 11:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Does this mean that Crunchyroll will finally start showing the English-Dubbed versions? Or is it still too much of a legal headache?

They do for some of the series. Not sure why they don't have one for G Gundam. Others like ZZ Gundam never really got a dub in the first place apart from one that Sunrise seems to have disowned. Seems to be a similar situation to the dubs of the original Gundam compilation trilogy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

We've been getting some good riffs on tokusatsu hero shows in recent anime seasons. Miss Kuroitsu From the Monster Development Department, Love After World Domination, and this year we got a straight-up sequel series to Kamen Rider W with Fuuto PI. SSSS Dynazenon might count too if you want to go back even further.

Motomo Kiyokowa has died. He was Gendo's somewhat more likeable right-hand man, Fuyutsuki, in Evangelion. He also played the designer of the Gundam (and Amuro's father) in GUNDAM, and a similar role in G GUNDAM.

https://gundamnews.org/evangelion-gu...14SRPw1I_9iVrU

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Motomo Kiyokowa has died. He was Gendo's somewhat more likeable right-hand man, Fuyutsuki, in Evangelion. He also played the designer of the Gundam (and Amuro's father) in GUNDAM, and a similar role in G GUNDAM.

https://gundamnews.org/evangelion-gu...14SRPw1I_9iVrU
    Truly a sad loss. He will be missed. Fuyutsuki (R.I.P.)

Gundaminfo has the prologue to Witch from Mercury up.

So basically the prologue establishes this Gundam's main feature-The GUND system, which appears to be some kind of system for synchronizing with bionics but one that's being tested in Mobile Suits (There appears to be regular "vanilla" mobile suits without this tech). Of course, these suits are GUNDAMs. However due to it being dangerous to use and most pilots dying or injured it's controversial. It's a bit like the ZERO (From Wing) or TRANS AM (From Gundam 00) but seems to even more of a stress on the pilot (Their skin actually glows if they use it). Also the funnel tech is back, but now it not only is remote "bits" but can be used for other weapons and armor.

Of course being Gundam like usual there's a lot of death and tragedy in this already.

Gundam: Doan's island will have a limited English release later this month (Includes a dub, wonder if they'll . Given Crunchyroll is doing this, I'm probably guessing it'll be streaming there before long.

Wondering if the dub will use the Ocean group who previously dubbed MSG and Char's Counterattack.

Also Shinchiro Kobayashi passed away. He was art director on several 70s and 80's anime films and shows such as Castle of Cagliostro, Golgo 13 and the Uresei Yatsura films. Also did some American work.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-11-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

New trailer for Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War.

I am very happy with how this whole thing looks and sounds. It's a pretty packed fall season but this is the upcoming series I'm looking forward to the most.