Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Gender swapping fantasy shows seems to be a thing, and I've watched a couple like Life With An Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into A Total Fantasy Knockout and She Professed Herself Pupil of The Wise Man, and now, along comes a new show, Reborn To Master The Blade: From Hero-King To Extraordinary Squire. The plot is this: Legendary warrior King Inglis, elderly and on his death bed asks his goddess Alistia to reincarnate him as a warrior, she grants his wish, but throws a monkey wrench in the works by making him female. From the time he becomes aware in his new life as a girl, Inglis has all his knowledge and combat skills and makes his coming of age debut at six years old. I found this show (airing on Crunchyroll) interesting.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

The talk about Gundam and how it seems they are trying to squeeze out as much as possible from the Zeta/CCA era of UC recently, while actively trying to draw as little attention as possible to F91 and Victory, makes me wonder if they will eventualy try to bite the bullet and create an alternate UC continuity set after Hathaway Flash?

What to watch season 2 of Made in Abyss on the Amazon Hidive channel, but It's in Japanese with no subtitles. In fact, I found a couple of anime on the amazon channel that has no subtitles. How do you add anime, but forget to add subtitles? how do you make such a blunder?

Hidive has to be run by a bunch of monkeys I swear.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

BANNED

Today on Pokemon was Ash and Misty's reunion episode and it was awesome. Plenty of spice and banter between them as well as a battle for the chance to capture Clauncher.

spoilers:
    Despite being world champion, Ash still lost to Misty, but he at least got the girl in the end as Misty (rather shyly) asked if she could come with him afterwards.
    end of spoilers

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

File under: Pretty Cool

An F4 anime.

This was revealed in the "KADOKAWA x TROYCA Original TV Anime Production Presentation" held today, January 20. "Overtake!"

The story centers on Takaya Madoka, a photographer who stepped into the world of F4 (Formula 4), and a high school F4 racer, Haruka Asahina.

Pretty cool.

Funny thing. You couldn't pay me to watch live action romcoms, but when it comes to anime versions, I'm all over that! Here's what I'm currently watching (in alphabetical order):

A Couple of Cuckoos
    Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
    My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex
    Science Fell In Love, So I Tried To Prove It
    The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
    The Quintessential Quintuplets
    Tomo-chan is a Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Today on Pokemon was Ash and Misty's reunion episode and it was awesome. Plenty of spice and banter between them as well as a battle for the chance to capture Clauncher.

spoilers:
    Despite being world champion, Ash still lost to Misty, but he at least got the girl in the end as Misty (rather shyly) asked if she could come with him afterwards.
    end of spoilers
    About time. I mean, it only took 20 years for them to get back together, but better late than never. Now we just need Brock and his cooking. Without the 90s food "translations", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    About time. I mean, it only took 20 years for them to get back together, but better late than never. Now we just need Brock and his cooking. Without the 90s food "translations", lol.
    Still love it, no matter what (LOL):

Who has the creepier expression?

Anya (Spy X Family) or Nagatoro (Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro)

9eafb98f2bfe6e5581580b16a363ccb6.jpg Ijiranaide-Nagatoro-san.jpg
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-25-2023 at 02:29 AM.

Is Demon Slayer season 2 just an expanded version of Mugan Train?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Who has the creepier expression?

Anya (Spy X Family) or Nagatoro (Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro)

9eafb98f2bfe6e5581580b16a363ccb6.jpg Ijiranaide-Nagatoro-san.jpg
    The majority might not agree, but a personal favorite would be Brock from Pokémon

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-29-2023 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority might not agree, but a personal favorite would be Brock from Pokémon

Well, at least Brock has a minimum age requirement...
    Well, that's about ALL he has.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Gender swapping fantasy shows seems to be a thing, and I've watched a couple like Life With An Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into A Total Fantasy Knockout and She Professed Herself Pupil of The Wise Man, and now, along comes a new show, Reborn To Master The Blade: From Hero-King To Extraordinary Squire. The plot is this: Legendary warrior King Inglis, elderly and on his death bed asks his goddess Alistia to reincarnate him as a warrior, she grants his wish, but throws a monkey wrench in the works by making him female. From the time he becomes aware in his new life as a girl, Inglis has all his knowledge and combat skills and makes his coming of age debut at six years old. I found this show (airing on Crunchyroll) interesting....
    While I enjoyed both series (for different reasons) She Professed Herself Pupil of The Wise Man barely touched on gender identity and sexuality except for a few jokes, unlike Life With An Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into A Total Fantasy Knockout that surprisingly handled those issues in a mature thoughtful way without sacrificing humor. It'll be interesting to see which approach Reborn To Master The Blade: From Hero-King To Extraordinary Squire takes towards these LBGTQ+ themes as the series unfolds.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Anybody see the Amazon exclusive Lupin the 3rd\Cat's eye crossover? The animations cell shaded cheese kind of meh, especially after seeing the Lupin movie and the more fluid new Trigun. Lupin and co are also way toned down, especially Fujiko. Also unlike most Cat's Eye the focus is on Air the youngest sister, instead of middle sister Hitomi. Those expecting the rest of the Cat's eye cast such as Toshio's chief and partner might be let down although Toshio has a fun team up with his Lupin counterpart, Zenigata.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So Trigun Stampede had another pretty dark episode-this time focusing on Wolfwoods past but it felt like a retread of the last one except the flashback is presented as a stylized silent film.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth