Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default If Kara became Superwoman, who could be Supergirl?

Let's play a game: soon we will se a future state book called Superwoman with Kara Zor-El as the title character. Suppose than DC then decides than it is already time for Kara to graduate to Superwoman, specially considering the ending of the CW series and as a publicity stunt. Naturally, DC doesn't want to lose the name of the character and decides to use it for another character, publishing at the same time a Supergirl book and a Superwoman book. (Something hardly to see considering the status of DC today, but let that pass).

Who do you think could be the New Supergirl? Some previous character like Linda Lee (the earth angel), Cir-El or even Natasha Irons? Kara In-Ze maybe? Someone rescued from the silver age mythos? Laurel Kent? Laurel Gand?

Or could be someone completely new, like for example a daughter of Superman? A new inhabitant of Kandor? A clone of Kara Zor-El? SOmeone tottally not related to the kryptonian myths?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I’d go with a new Latino/Native American characters that acquired powers from Kara in a similar way as Kenan Kong did.

Ariella Kent.

Does Val Zod has a sister?

Matrix, only in a human appearance now modeled off of new characters who took care of her in whatever story is written to explain her absence/being forgotten.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I know I'm going against the topic, but I don't think that specifically having a Supergirl is that essential. If it is, I'd love for it to be Thara Ak-Var.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Does Val Zod has a sister?
    I don't think had been said, but maybe witha convenient retcon, it could be around. The other option would be the daughter of President Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I know I'm going against the topic, but I don't think that specifically having a Supergirl is that essential. If it is, I'd love for it to be Thara Ak-Var.
    The idea is to keep the name.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

A new character or Cir-el.

The new character doesn't have to be a Kryptonian.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-09-2021 at 08:09 AM.

I would not mind seeing Cir-El coming back as Supergirl. Natasha Irons is already Steel alongside with her Uncle and Linda could return under the name, Seraph.

If Kara were to became Superwoman then I could see a new character (most likely a POC) taking on the mantle of Supergirl because Warner Media / DC would most likely want to announce to the media that there is going to be a new diverse character taking on the role. Characters such as Ms Marvel and Miles Morales were very successful and it is not just that they are POC but their stories were critically acclaimed and allow to tell new and exciting stories with those characters.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Matrix, only in a human appearance now modeled off of new characters who took care of her in whatever story is written to explain her absence/being forgotten.
    I'm completely on board for that.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Probably a new character.
    I love the Linda Danvers Supergirl, but she feels more mature than Kara, so it would be weird for her to return as Supergirl while Kara is Superwoman.

Since Batgirl is Gordon's daughter so I say either Maggie Sawyer's daughter or Dan Turpin's daughter and one of them gains random powers and uses the name Supergirl

Extraordinary Member

Only a Black, transexual version of Jimmy Olsen can possibly serve in that capacity.

Reintroduce Cir-el
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It doesn't necessarily have to be Kryptonian. It could just be someone with similar powers. Maybe something like Conner's tactile telekinesis. Another clone. Cadmus saw how successful he was and wanted to make more and she is the only one who survived.
    Assassinate Putin!