Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My first thought was that hypotethical daughter Tomasi/Gleason were thinking of introducing and future flashforwards have shown Clark with a daughter before...but then I thought about Linda.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Only a Black, transexual version of Jimmy Olsen can possibly serve in that capacity.
    "Transexual" [sic] is an out-of-date word. I get you're taking the piss and likely don't care, but please be more careful in the future.

Another vote for Cir-El, btw.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Yeah good point

Asha Del-Nar
    Just to get a stranger in a strange land/new to earth/new to being a hero thing going.
    Have her see being Supergirl as nothing more than an assignment, and adopting a secret identity (and being saddled w. friends/supporting characters/and even a job) as strictly a cover.
    Her evolution would be her slowly becoming the mask so to speak.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

My vote would be that we have no present day Supergirl, but rather we let one of Mon-El's daughters be the Supergirl of the 31st century.

Keep the IP, but uncuff it from the expectations and constant retelling of fresh off the boat Kara goes through seasonally.

Plus, Mon-El's daughters are also part of House Zod as well as El, so you can play with that duality. And the oldest is likely around 12 or 13 by the time of Bendis' apparent timeskip post Future State, so the people who want it will get their super young Supergirl, and evoke some kid Jon-ness too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman's kinda/sorta descendant from the future, Cir-El.

OR Matrix. Superman could straight up adopt Matrix.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    "Transexual" [sic] is an out-of-date word. I get you're taking the piss and likely don't care, but please be more careful in the future.

Another vote for Cir-El, btw.
    So then, what is the good term?

Extraordinary Member

Cir-El. New costume. Also she’s a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My vote would be that we have no present day Supergirl, but rather we let one of Mon-El's daughters be the Supergirl of the 31st century.

Keep the IP, but uncuff it from the expectations and constant retelling of fresh off the boat Kara goes through seasonally.

Plus, Mon-El's daughters are also part of House Zod as well as El, so you can play with that duality. And the oldest is likely around 12 or 13 by the time of Bendis' apparent timeskip post Future State, so the people who want it will get their super young Supergirl, and evoke some kid Jon-ness too.
    That would be kind of funny considering Mon-El's made out with Supergirl in two different continues .

12-13 reminds me of that all ages series about Supergirl in the 8th grade. I think that's the youngest Kara's been depicted as Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So then, what is the good term?
    Transgender.
    Most people don't deny the existence of biological sex, although LGBT supporters might say that it is still a spectrum that includes for example intersex. But when trans people say that the body they were born in doesn't correspond to how they are inside they are talking about the concept of "gender". Hence, transgender, not transsexual. Oh and of course there are other explanations like chromossomes and brain chemistry, but let's not get into that.

I think transsexual would make sense though if they actually changed their biological sex, including the internal sexual organs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Transgender.
    Most people don't deny the existence of biological sex, although LGBT supporters might say that it is still a spectrum that includes for example intersex. But when trans people say that the body they were born in doesn't correspond to how they are inside they are talking about the concept of "gender". Hence, transgender, not transsexual. Oh and of course there are other explanations like chromossomes and brain chemistry, but let's not get into that.
    Okay then, Transgender it is.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Asha Del-Nar
    Just to get a stranger in a strange land/new to earth/new to being a hero thing going.
    Have her see being Supergirl as nothing more than an assignment, and adopting a secret identity (and being saddled w. friends/supporting characters/and even a job) as strictly a cover.
    Her evolution would be her slowly becoming the mask so to speak.
    Who is this? Never heard of her.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Superman's kinda/sorta descendant from the future, Cir-El.

OR Matrix. Superman could straight up adopt Matrix.
    Would you give Matrix a new look or would she still look sorta like Kara?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Transgender.
    I never knew why Transexual was offensive, I thank you for having the patience to explain. In my experience it's always what I've heard them being called but I realize now how ignorant that is.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8