Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I never knew why Transexual was offensive, I thank you for having the patience to explain. In my experience it's always what I've heard them being called but I realize now how ignorant that is.
    Oh I don't know of it as an offensive term, just innacurate. But I'm only speaking based on the things I've read about the subject, which isn't that much. I can confirm everything I wrote, I just don't know if transgender people find the term transsexual offensive or not

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I know Tomasi and Gleason wanted to end their run with Lois and Clark having a daughter, so it sounds like this may well have been the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I know Tomasi and Gleason wanted to end their run with Lois and Clark having a daughter, so it sounds like this may well have been the plan.
    Injustice teased him with a daughter...Bendis teased a future daughter...it seems to be a thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Who is this? Never heard of her.
    She's from the New Krypton Saga. She was Superman's second-in-command.

Who is this? Never heard of her.
    Asha Del-Nar was one of the residents of Kandor who was abducted along with the city by Brainiac in the days before Krypton's destruction. She came from a long line of Kryptonians in the Military Guild, but at this time, she was a writer in the Artist's Guild. Whatever reasons she had for making that life decision apparently fell by the wayside because of Brainiac. After being taken, she enlisted in the Military Guild.

Serving in the military, Asha became a good officer but not a notable one. She reached the rank of lieutenant and was assigned to lead the Red Shard unit, a unit devoted to civil defense. She continued as unit commander through Kandor's liberation and its resettlement on New Krypton.

When Superman came to New Krypton and joined the Military Guild, he was assigned to command Red Shard and Asha became his second-in-command. A bond of trust developed between them early on, after Superman helped her through an encounter with a head of Thought-Beasts that were preying on her fear of Brainiac. After that, she proved her loyalty was more to Superman than to their superiors in the MIlitary Guild, namely General Zod. She disobeyed a direct order from General Zod to execute rather than capture a Phantom Zone criminal, choosing instead to follow Superman's capture-only order. For doing this, both she and Superman were arrested under the charge of treason.

Asha stood by Superman and even attempted to take sole responsbility during the trial for not executing the criminal Val-Ty. Superman would not allow her to do this, though. To prevent it, he said that he had prevented her from carrying out General Zod's order. It was a confession that allowed Asha to be cleared of all charges, but it was also what General Zod used to complete his case against Superman.

After being cleared of treason, Asha was reinstated to Red Shard, and she soon became Superman's second-in-command once again after he was absolved of his crime by the Religious Guild.

It’s a dark horse pick I know, but if Superman asked her, I’d bet she’d do it.
    She has history w. Zod and Brainiac that could be explored, and was a writer at one point, which could feature in establishing her secret identity, as a cover to begin with, and as something she lets herself enjoy later on.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Would you give Matrix a new look or would she still look sorta like Kara?
    I'd go with a complete new look. She'd definitely be a kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd go with a complete new look. She'd definitely be a kid though.
    Probably make her look like a minority. Add some more color to the Super Family.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Id pull a STAS and introduce a "Kara" In-Ze. Of course she wouldnt be called Kara but someone that Clark/Kara find in an outpost in space that was part of a sister planet of Krypton.

Astonishing Member

She should be the biological daughter of Kal-El and Lois Lane. (I assume humans and Kryptonians now can breed in the Rebirth universe, without the need for a Convergence Dome?). I like the character Lara Lane Kent, who was introduced in Adventures of Superman #638 as a sort of visual aid created by Mr. Mxyzptlk when he shows Clark and Lois what their possible future together might be like. This was her only appearance in the "mainstream" continuity (i.e., ouside of Injustice, much later.)

Gotta love how she's inherited her Dad's spit-curl!
    Last edited by seismic-2; 01-12-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    She should be the biological daughter of Kal-El and Lois Lane. (I assume humans and Kryptonians now can breed in the Rebirth universe, without the need for a Convergence Dome?). I like the character Lara Lane Kent, who was introduced in Adventures of Superman #638 as a sort of visual aid created by Mr. Mxyzptlk when he shows Clark and Lois what their possible future together might be like. This was her only appearance in the "mainstream" continuity (i.e., ouside of Injustice, much later.)

Gotta love how she's inherited her Dad's spit-curl!
    And her mom's eyes like Jon should!

It doesn't necessarily have to be Kryptonian. It could just be someone with similar powers.
    On that logic, what about Gotham Girl? King's Batman run ended with her powers being stablised using some special type of kryptonite, so her powers no longer cast from lifespan. Her powers are the typical Super power set, the same as Clark's and Kara's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Clark and Lois' daughter, or Kara and Jimmy Olsen's daughter.

I think either Clark & Lois have a daughter, or DC brings Tanya Spears back out of limbo and she takes the name and gives Power Girl back to PG.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    I think either Clark & Lois have a daughter, or DC brings Tanya Spears back out of limbo and she takes the name and gives Power Girl back to PG.
    If Tanya’s on E0 and Karen is on E2 I don’t think there’s any problem sharing the name. Things only get weird when you have multiple people running around one place calling themselves the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Tanya’s on E0 and Karen is on E2 I don’t think there’s any problem sharing the name. Things only get weird when you have multiple people running around one place calling themselves the same name.
    Aww hell naw. Nobody's taking PG from Karen!