Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Who came first after Kara? Cir-El? Cir-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    On that logic, what about Gotham Girl? King's Batman run ended with her powers being stablised using some special type of kryptonite, so her powers no longer cast from lifespan. Her powers are the typical Super power set, the same as Clark's and Kara's.
    ^^^Thats a good idea.

It’d be weird if this character just went from City to City inserting herself into other heroes’ families, though.
    Gotham Girl, Ms. Metropolis, Central City Sue/Keystone Kelly, Baroness Bludhaven, Coast Kid, Star Light, Midway Woman, Gateway Girl, Ivy Town Titan, Happy Harbor Harley...maybe too weird, never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    On that logic, what about Gotham Girl? King's Batman run ended with her powers being stablised using some special type of kryptonite, so her powers no longer cast from lifespan. Her powers are the typical Super power set, the same as Clark's and Kara's.
    I'm not sure that poor character can ever overcome the stains her own creators did to her, really...

Extraordinary Member

Cir-El came after Linda.

Ms Metropolis is actually a good name.

Both Karen and Tanya are on Prime Earth right now with the Power Girl moniker. But I doubt anyone will confuse the two. If anything, Karen should go by Power Woman now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Cir-El came after Linda.

Both Karen and Tanya are on Prime Earth right now with the Power Girl moniker. But I doubt anyone will confuse the two. If anything, Karen should go by Power Woman now.
    I beg to differ. Tanya Spears should go by anything other than Power Girl, and should be retconned to have nothing to do with Karen. Let her be an entirely separate character of her own.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Cir-El came after Linda.

Okay, Linda then

I still prefer Cir because she's visually very different, but let's go chronologically.

Yes. Karen Power Woman, Tanya Power Girl. Simple solution.

Wait... which one is Linda Lee and which one is Linda Danvers? Was there a Linda Danvers?
    (reads wiki)
    There's a Linda Lang! My gosh this is annoying!
    So basically Post Crisis wanted a Linda Danvers based on the original version, but they couldn't use Kara Zor-El because they want Superman to be sole survivor of Krypton?
    Then by the time they're allowed to use Kara, she can't be a Danvers, so she became Linda Lang.
    Then the TV and Rebirth decided that was confusing, so they just take her real name and makes her Kara Danvers.
    I freaking hate comics most of the time ^^

Well, right now Supergirl is Kara Danvers, so what surname are we giving Linda? Lee? Lang? or just make her the younger adopted Danvers sister?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-14-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I beg to differ. Tanya Spears should go by anything other than Power Girl, and should be retconned to have nothing to do with Karen. Let her be an entirely separate character of her own.
    Too late. Tanya is going by Power Girl in Future State too.

In my head canon Tanya Spears would be mentored by both Power Girl and Mister Terrific and her codename would be Ms. Power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay, Linda then

I still prefer Cir because she's visually very different, but let's go chronologically.

Wait... which one is Linda Lee and which one is Linda Danvers? Was there a Linda Danvers?
    (reads wiki)
    So basically Post Crisis wanted a Linda Danvers based on the original version, but they couldn't use Kara Zor-El because they want Superman to be sole survivor of Krypton?
    Then by the time they're allowed to use Kara, she can't be a Danvers, so she became Linda Lang.
    Then the TV and Rebirth decided that was confusing, so they just take her real name and makes her Kara Danvers.

Well, right now Supergirl is Kara Danvers, so what surname are we giving Linda? Lee? Lang? or just make her the younger adopted Danvers sister?
    They wanted a Supergirl for copyright reasons, but couldn't use Kara for editorial reasons. So they created an entirely new character named Matrix who also went by Mae Kent. When they decided to give Mae her own series they hired Peter David, who wasn't too fond of the character as she was at the time and so he had Mae merge with a human named Linda Danvers, becoming an angel and and gaining a new secret identity which paid tribute to Kara's old secret identity. Then Didio came along and decided everything that didn't start in the silver age was worthless and so Linda was shipped off to Limbo and Kara was brought back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    They wanted a Supergirl for copyright reasons, but couldn't use Kara for editorial reasons. So they created an entirely new character named Matrix who also went by Mae Kent. When they decided to give Mae her own series they hired Peter David, who wasn't too fond of the character as she was at the time and so he had Mae merge with a human named Linda Danvers, becoming an angel and and gaining a new secret identity which paid tribute to Kara's old secret identity. Then Didio came along and decided everything that didn't start in the silver age was worthless and so Linda was shipped off to Limbo and Kara was brought back.
    Don’t forget the Cir-El transitional period.

Extraordinary Member

She could be the next big bad's first victim, you never know. Or perhaps they'll wise up and simply change her name. And story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    In my head canon Tanya Spears would be mentored by both Power Girl and Mister Terrific and her codename would be Ms. Power.
    I think she should be mentored by G'nort, and be code named Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay, Linda then

(reads wiki)

If Linda came back, I'd make her Eliza Danvers' niece. That would make her Kara's adoptive cousin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Really? Where did she show up?

She'll be in Shazam's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman