Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah I'm confused too

They got the name wrong. Inertia isn't even female! They meant Trajectory.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Eliza_Harmon_(Arrowverse)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I guess if Impulse was female it would've worked but I think they made him a boy to replicate the relationship Barry and Wally had when they were Flash and Kid Flash.

Also I think Supergirl and Batigirl, the female sidekick/mantle pass somehow never worked outside of Zatana taking over from her dad. Not even Wonder Girl caught on until Cassie showed up.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Oh yes, Batman, the series that totally doesn't have Batman's fifty children running around dominating the market. Also the same continuity with...several acting participants of World War II. Yeah it's definitely impossible for their to be large age discrepancies in active heroes.
    Ofthese kids only the youngest is not adopted and Batman is also 10-15 older than Wally.

OK with Flash characters you have allways the option to age them up artificially (what they did with Wally's kids iirc), but ageing them up to Barts age or older would probably have been wired.

Bart is artificially aged himself.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They got the name wrong. Inertia isn't even female! They meant Trajectory.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Eliza_Harmon_(Arrowverse)
    D'oh. She was only in it for one episode and I couldn't remember her actual name .

Well the Flash on the Future State Suicide Squad aka Bolt is gonna be appearing in present day DC universe in Titans Academy, she was even used on the Infinite Frontier cover so I would say Bolt and Avery are the female speedsters that DC will be pushing.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-12-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Yeah but it's not relevant since he's a time traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Well the Flash on the Future State Suicice Squad aka Bolt is gonna be appearing in present day DC universe in Titans Academy, she was even used on the Infinite Frontier cover so I would say Bolt and Avery the female speedsters that DC will be pushing.
    I'd throw Jesse in there too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Whatever happened to Fast Track? I remember her from that arc when everyone in Central City got the speedforce.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whatever happened to Fast Track? I remember her from that arc when everyone in Central City got the speedforce.
    Meena Dhawan was brainwashed by Grodd to become the evil Negative Flash. But I think she was turned back to normal later on.

I’m surprised she hasn’t shown up on the Flash tv show yet.

Extraordinary Member

I know, but aging Wallys daugther past him (or at least to the same age) would have still been wired, and that would have probabla been nessary for her to be more than just a sidekick.

Another problem would have been of course to find a team were you could put a female Speedster, since all the major teams have usually allready a male Speedster attached to them.

Although not what I would plan for, we couls have more than one speedster on a single team. Mas y menos are a cool combo on Teen Titans and we could have two characters with the same powers and completely different personalities and approaches. I think there's something interesting about that

If you are asking why isn't female flash character as popular as Batgirl and Supergirl that is a legit question but the answer is kinda obvious. If you are asking why is their female speedster as popular as Ms. Martian or Aquagirl they are female speedster at that level of character. Which leaves why isn't female speedster as popular Donna Troy or Cassie and the answer to that is Flash has had successful male characters in Wally West and Impulse.

There is really no big deeper thought process some heroes got male sidekicks and some heroes got female sidekicks, Superman and Batman are ridiculous popular so they got both. Wonder Woman doesn't really have male sidekick(Yes I know she has one now right?), Martian Manhunter does not have young male character. Flash got Wally West and Impulse. Green Arrow got Speedy and later on females, Aquaman got Aqualad then later on females, Green Lantern had string of males before Jessica Cruz. "Popularity" is simple a matter of which one these characters end up in Teen titans,Young Justice,Justice League or Titans to get greater showcase. For example if they used a female speedster on Young Justice show I would guess she would be considered popular now.

When you remove Batman and Superman from the picture, How many heroes has characters as successful as Wally West or Impulse? Why hasn't the Flash develop female character? Redundancy. As "popular" Wally and Impluse are they struggle how to use them. A better way to phrase this question "Can the market support 4 speedster characters?" "Can the market support one more than teen/YA superhero book?" "Justice League is not diverse which main character has to be drop from the picture so you get more diversity".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Although not what I would plan for, we couls have more than one speedster on a single team.
    Usually Team books have only one character from each franchise at least on the core cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Mas y menos are a cool combo on Teen Titans and we could have two characters with the same powers and completely different personalities and approaches. I think there's something interesting about that
    But you wouldn't put those guys on a book when the team has already a Flash Character (and most teams have).