Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Love is a Battlefield Anthology

written by CAVAN SCOTT, ANDREW WHEELER, CRYSTAL FRASER, and REGINE SAWYER
    art by JOSE LUIS, CRYSTAL FRASIER, REGINE SAWYER, and others
    cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    PRESTIGE FORMAT | ON SALE 2/9/21
    $9.99 US | 80 PAGES | FC | DC

BLAM! KRACK! POW! Look out—it's…love?! Falling in love is rough, even for DC's greatest. Watch as Batman and Catwoman, Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, Mister Miracle and Big Barda, and all the rest of your OTPs fight in vain against the all-powerful forces of romance (and super-villains)! Even Amanda Waller fights the urge to bail on her mystery date. We guarantee that this Valentine's Day, someone's taking a shot to the heart—from Cupid's bow!

I love me some holiday themed DC anthologies .

- So they have the Trinity covered save for Superman, instead we're getting Amanda Waller and...Perry White!? Isn't Perry married ?

- Wallace and Emiko getting their own story! I guess they're new Titans romance.

- Harley and Ivy in "The Beginning?" Seeley depicting his own version of their first meeting or when they officially got together?

- It's nice to see the Hawks getting their own story (sorry Kendra).

- Scott and Barda! I'm guessing this will just ignore King's series.

- It's nice to see them doing a Dick and Kori story instead of Dick and Babs for once, even if the title references them being exes.

- Sgt. Rock in a romance!? They don't mention another character, so an OC love interest?

- John and Fatality? Written by John Ridley? This should be interesting.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Never thought I'd say this, but the "Loose Lips" of Amanda Waller and Perry White have me intrigued...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No Aquaman/Mera in a Valentine's Day issue is a waste!

Lowkey looking forward to that Perry White/Amanda Waller story though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No Aquaman/Mera in a Valentine's Day issue is a waste!

Lowkey looking forward to that Perry White/Amanda Waller story though.
    I was surprised both Arthur/Mera and Lois/Clark are missing... But Russell doing a Perry White story has me intrigued.

And it's nice to see the Hawks getting some love. I get the feeling the Dick/Kori thing is going to end up being a "maybe it's for the best we broke up now go be with Barbara" sort of thing with how DC treats that relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I was surprised both Arthur/Mera and Lois/Clark are missing... But Russell doing a Perry White story has me intrigued.

And it's nice to see the Hawks getting some love. I get the feeling the Dick/Kori thing is going to end up being a "maybe it's for the best we broke up now go be with Barbara" sort of thing with how DC treats that relationship.
    Man, I hope not. Although with Babs being in the relaunch of Dick's book, I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love me some holiday themed DC anthologies .

- So they have the Trinity covered save for Superman, instead we're getting Amanda Waller and...Perry White!? Isn't Perry married ?

- Wallace and Emiko getting their own story! I guess they're new Titans romance.

- Harley and Ivy in "The Beginning?" Seeley depicting his own version of their first meeting or when they officially got together?

- It's nice to see the Hawks getting their own story (sorry Kendra).

- Scott and Barda! I'm guessing this will just ignore King's series.

- It's nice to see them doing a Dick and Kori story instead of Dick and Babs for once, even if the title references them being exes.

- Sgt. Rock in a romance!? They don't mention another character, so an OC love interest?

- John and Fatality? Written by John Ridley? This should be interesting.
    Considering how the last time DC made one of those they had a story about Kendra wanting out of the eternal lovers angle, it would be nice to have a story that puts the Hawks relationship on a positive light this time.

I think Clark and Lois will cameo on Mark Russell story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Considering how the last time DC made one of those they had a story about Kendra wanting out of the eternal lovers angle, it would be nice to have a story that puts the Hawks relationship on a positive light this time.

I think Clark and Lois will cameo on Mark Russell story.
    Ugh. Same old same old with that girl .

I remember a Post-Crisis Catwoman/Matches Malone story, but I forget what issue it was in.

Somebody who loves Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery! Although who would count as a "c-lister?" Blue Snowman ?

That's a very...hulking Barda .

This looks fun and I'm totally getting it, but it's a little disappointing that DC doesn't have room to spotlight a male couple. No Midnighter and Apollo? There's gay male characters like Bunker and Ray languishing in limbo who could use some love.
    DC gets a lot of credit for diversity but their LGBT representation is mostly lesbian and bi women that is appealing to straight male readers.

Looking good John .