Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crush Appreciation Thread 2021

Daughter of Lobo and current member of the Teen Titans and Titans Academy. She may have started out small as a member of Damian's Titans but she has appeared to make a big impact, given how she is directly on the cover for Infinite Frontier. I would expect big things out of her, and probably another run in with Lobo if some variant covers are to be believed.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

She’s only half Czarnian, right?

Have we seen her mom yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’s only half Czarnian, right?

Have we seen her mom yet?
    I remember someone in an article or something when she first appeared that it was someone important or something but it never occurred. We really only have seen Crush's foster parents and her rather violent interaction with Lobo.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

She appeared in TT FS so hopefully it'll mean she'll be in Titans Academy, because I really like her !

Not sure if it’s a mini or an ongoing but apparently DC is working on a Crush and Lobo series, which should be interesting/fun given how Lobo is...though probably not entirely great given the last time they met.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-announ...w-2021-titles/
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not sure if it’s a mini or an ongoing but apparently DC is working on a Crush and Lobo series, which should be interesting/fun given how Lobo is...though probably not entirely great given the last time they met.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-announ...w-2021-titles/
    there are a lot of characters I'd have thought would get a book before Crush. I'm kinda surprised Crush is the character from the latest TT team to be getting the push that DC is going for. while I don't hate her, she was definitely my least favorite character of that team. I'm interested to see what they have in store for her but not particularly excited about it right now (if that makes sense).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    there are a lot of characters I'd have thought would get a book before Crush. I'm kinda surprised Crush is the character from the latest TT team to be getting the push that DC is going for. while I don't hate her, she was definitely my least favorite character of that team. I'm interested to see what they have in store for her but not particularly excited about it right now (if that makes sense).
    I’m kind of the opposite, she was definitely one the newer characters I enjoyed (I already knew Wallace, Emiko, and Damian), and I honestly didn’t like Roundhouse, he was annoying and I didn’t like they forgave him for the heel turn. Crush was just this really cool strong girl that I thought was really cool.

Also I’m assuming what really sold her was the fact that she is Lobo’s daughter, given Lobo’s decent amount of popularity at DC and appearances in media.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m kind of the opposite, she was definitely one the newer characters I enjoyed (I already knew Wallace, Emiko, and Damian), and I honestly didn’t like Roundhouse, he was annoying and I didn’t like they forgave him for the heel turn. Crush was just this really cool strong girl that I thought was really cool.

Also I’m assuming what really sold her was the fact that she is Lobo’s daughter, given Lobo’s decent amount of popularity at DC and appearances in media.
    I actually like Roundhouse. maybe it's because I had to deal with kids for so long, but I didn't find him as annoying as everyone complained. I understood where he was coming from, and found his actions far more forgivable than half of the things Damian was doing and has done. for me, beyond her crush on Djinn, Crush didn't have much personality besides "needlessly abrasive" which I overlooked at first but as the series went on it got more irritating and she didn't show much improvement until close to the end; earlier when Wallace got fed up and chucked her ****, I can't say I wasn't happy about it. I guess the connection to Lobo does give her a boost but iunno. I don't even think that's been used all that interestingly and I'm not even sure if Lobo is all that popular these days. like i said, i don't hate her, I liked everyone on the team, she just was my least favorite. hopefully this Crush and Lobo series will finally sell me on the character fully, because I actually like her origin a lot. non-white american aliens are always my jam.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    She appeared in TT FS so hopefully it'll mean she'll be in Titans Academy, because I really like her !
    Considering how hard it is to kill a Czarnian, even with Crush only being half, its not too much of a surprise she's alive.

As for her getting a series with Lobo, here's hoping its different than their initial meeting. It honestly has potential to be a good series, but I'll have to see how its written to judge it.

In, im a fan of Crush
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I mean I do not know why this was not already here, but here is the art and article announcing the Crush and Lobo miniseries

https://www.cbr.com/crush-lobo-serie...ride-month-dc/

Personally I am all for this, I like Crush during my reading of teen titans and Lobo can be a fun enough character, really all depends on the dynamic.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Around how old is crush suppose to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Around how old is crush suppose to be?
    I'm assuming in that generic 15-17 range? She has been shown in some preview art for this series driving a motorcycle so I think she is closer to 16 or 17.
    Words to live by.

I rolled my eyes when I first heard DC was introducing Lobo's daughter, but she turned out to be a really fun character - one of the few new DC characters from the past few years that I really like.

I’m really glad they’re making Lobo actually give a **** about his daughter. the Teen Titans story where he beat the crap out of her was just disgusting. Lobo sometimes has a soft spot for underdog heroes, like when he took Ryan Choi under his wing. I like the idea of The Main Man begrudgingly accepting Crush.