Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I do think that Cassie should take on the name Fury. It fits with her appearance - she looks a LOT like the original Fury - and she doesn't exactly have a name that she can just use for iconicity's sake like Donna Troy does (and even then, Donna and Artemis are both said to be other Wonder Women). I think her origin as it is would be fine, but I don't think she should get her own lasso. Maybe give her something that's more explicitly like a whip? The lasso is Diana and Donna's thing, especially Diana's, to the point that Yara doesn't have a lasso but has something similar that is based in Brazilian myth.

As far as designs go I think I'd keep her with the red color scheme (since Donna seems to have entirely taken on the Troia Black/Silver even if they keep going back to red and gold) and go with something like this:

Very modern, very athletic, very casual which is something that I feel like Cassie should represent. I also think that she should struggle with a little bit of rage issues like she did under Johns, and it would be in part to reference her new codename. I also like the idea of her using lightning as part of her skillset, but wouldn't make her electrokinetic. Instead I'd give her one of Zeus' thunderbolts, which she can use like a lance or javelin.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I do think that Cassie should take on the name Fury. It fits with her appearance - she looks a LOT like the original Fury - and she doesn't exactly have a name that she can just use for iconicity's sake like Donna Troy does (and even then, Donna and Artemis are both said to be other Wonder Women). I think her origin as it is would be fine, but I don't think she should get her own lasso. Maybe give her something that's more explicitly like a whip? The lasso is Diana and Donna's thing, especially Diana's, to the point that Yara doesn't have a lasso but has something similar that is based in Brazilian myth.

As far as designs go I think I'd keep her with the red color scheme (since Donna seems to have entirely taken on the Troia Black/Silver even if they keep going back to red and gold) and go with something like this:

Very modern, very athletic, very casual which is something that I feel like Cassie should represent. I also think that she should struggle with a little bit of rage issues like she did under Johns, and it would be in part to reference her new codename. I also like the idea of her using lightning as part of her skillset, but wouldn't make her electrokinetic. Instead I'd give her one of Zeus' thunderbolts, which she can use like a lance or javelin.
    I like that costume. A lot better than what was ultimately chosen.

I actually prefer the one they ended up with, although it's too slutty.

Diana back to the clay origin please and Cassie back to being the daughter of Helena Sandsmark and Zeus. Go with the name Olympia and leave the name Fury for an Earth 2 daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor or an Amazon character in JSA and/or Infinity Inc.

I feel like a mixture between these two designs would be perfect, with maybe some other type of head piece.

It reminds me of the Fury (Helena Kosmatos) from Young All stars

150404d618f1ca3af8c7240c405df25c.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-27-2021 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I like that costume. A lot better than what was ultimately chosen.
    Me no likey, what's up with the cowboy boots? And why are they gray? Colors that come out of nowhere really irk me, that's what was wrong with her latest Young Justice look, too many colors. Three are always enough and racing stripes and western wear don't go together. You have to pick a sport and stick to it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Cassie becoming an archeology major and subsequently an Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider type adventurer would suit her character. The first story arc I would give her would be to finalize her origin. There's only been a hint at who her father is (one panel with a character who resembled Lennox, a forgettable son of Zeus with no character development before he was killed off.) I would go with the daughter if Ares (keeping the Zeus grandfather and auntie Diana thays been better set in story.)
    Leaning into the tomb raider tropes, it can be established where and why she had the silent armor (or at least a better story for it) and where it went (returned to Zeus maybe?) It would also lend to mythological characters as well as your basic super villains.
    I would have preferred the name Olympian for her but as a new (female) Olympian was just introduced in the digital first Vixen serial, Fury would work with her being the daughter of Ares (since obviously DC seems intent on pushing Yara Flor.)
    Ideally I would put her in a revived World's Finest series co-starring Connor (with frequent guest star Tim Drake.)
    As for her costume, if she didn't use her more casual t-shirt and jeans, I would give her an altered version of her original 52 costume but make it more like a red version of Donna's with a full halter top and hood.
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 01-27-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Giving her a T-Shirt and Jeans Costume is absolutely the WRONG decision and its one of the decisions why she never became as popular as Diana is.

Its to simple-to tomboy-to plain-to boring...

Its ANNOYING that a new character like Yara Flor gets introduced in Future State and she has already a million times better costume than Cassie has-but its the same with Conner whose Future State Costume I also DEEPLY hate, while I LOVE Jonathans DCeased Superman Outfit.

For Cassie the Wonder Woman Titans of Tomorrow Rebirth Outfit was PERFECT, the red Outfit with the golden belt and golden tiara etc.
    I HATE Cassie DCeased Wonder Woman Outfit, but the Titans of Tomorrow Rebirth Outfit looked AWESOME.

As second costume I can imagine a complete black version of Dianas Skirt-Wonder Woman Costume-so in black-with a gladiator style skirt.

As Role I hope that Conner,Cassie,Bart and Tim get back together-with ages adjusted so that they are older than Jons,Damians Generation and have their feats back and then they can perfectly work as team who travels around the Universe to help the heroes there-like Titans Universal.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A girl found out that she's the granddaughter of Zeus and got herself involved in the wonder and intrigue of the secret Greek Pantheon manipulating the world of humans and meet friends and enemies along the way.
    Basically the Percy Jackson concept. That is what I find most interesting, considering I never read anything of her.

The difference with Diana is Diana's already living in the Greek world, her sense of wonder came from the man world, so origin wise, their situation is the opposite. So Diana's story is more earthly, while Cassie will be more fantastical.

I don't know what to do with her once we got past the discovery and wonder part though. Move on to other mythology I guess. New Gods, Norse, Celts, since they're doing that with Wonder Woman right now, and again, the difference is the gods are coming to Diana, while Cassie goes to the realm of gods

Incredible Member

If Diana is stuck being Zeus’ daughter, then Cassie should be someone who grew up idolising Diana due to her heroics and close friendship with her mother. Building upon her mother’s research into mystical artefacts, Cassie decides to help Diana by wielding magical accoutrements. Diana is impressed and takes on Cassie as her new protege.

If need be, Cassie can be blessed by some god so that she has powers independent of the magical tools.

That last part is pretty much Donna's original origin, right? She was rescued from a fire by Diana. Her adoptive parents were dead, so Hippolyta adopted her and granted her the same powers Diana has. A few years later, she became Wonder Girl and formed the Titans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman