All-New Member

Default Looking for an issue where Spider-Man goes to another dimension to protect girl

Can anyone remember this story and point me to the issue number? It's from the 80s or 90s and is an Annual or other special graphic novel type one-shot. A tween-age witch girl does not age and lives on a boat and she is being stalked by a monster that gets bigger every time it is defeated. She summons Spider-Man into her dimension to be her protector. Her dimension has very little gravity and her pirate ship type boat floats in the air. Peter defeats smaller forms of the monster until it comes back to life as a dragon and Peter uses the rest of his webs to make a fire shield. Ring any bells?

Spider-Man: Hooky perhaps? I haven't read it in a long time so I may be mistaken.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Yeah, sounds like Hooky. Nice Berni Wrightson art.

Astonishing Member

100% sounds like ‘Hooky.’ You can find it on ComiXology.

It’s Spidey’s VERY FIRST original Graphic Novel. Still remember the tag line: “the greatest mistake Peter Parker ever made was letting his Uncle Ben die. The second was playing hooky!”

I wouldn’t call the story a classic, but it’s pretty good. Like an 8 out of 10 imo. Certainly worth your time.

All-New Member

Yes Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    100% sounds like ‘Hooky.’ You can find it on ComiXology.

It’s Spidey’s VERY FIRST original Graphic Novel. Still remember the tag line: “the greatest mistake Peter Parker ever made was letting his Uncle Ben die. The second was playing hooky!”

I wouldn’t call the story a classic, but it’s pretty good. Like an 8 out of 10 imo. Certainly worth your time.
    It is a “Fish out of water” story and to be honest I like them. Why? It puts the protagonist ( in this case Peter) in a different situation where although he will survive ( he has to), how he does it will be different. Why no writer has used the 200 year old 12 year old since then I do not understand.She would be excellent as the fish out of water in 616.