Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Calnan was one of those cool artists lost to time. The thing I remember best along these lines is back up when they had Earth One Superboy show up to train young Clark on Earth Two
    What issue is that? I would love to read that one!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    What issue is that? I would love to read that one!
    In THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERBOY 15 (March 1981) and 16 (April 1981), the back-up features--"Superboy Meets Clark Kent" and "The Superboy Training of Clark Kent"--by Bob Rozakis and John Calnan with inks by Tex Blaisdell (15) and Dave Hunt (16).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERBOY 15 (March 1981) and 16 (April 1981), the back-up features--"Superboy Meets Clark Kent" and "The Superboy Training of Clark Kent"--by Bob Rozakis and John Calnan with inks by Tex Blaisdell (15) and Dave Hunt (16).
    Good story.
    Assassinate Putin!

John Calnan. That name brings back a ton of memories. He did a lot of World’s Finest stories including a few with the Super Sons. He also did a multi issue “Who Killed Batman” story from 1977 that I love.

I remember the Kent stories well. The Neal Adams story always surprised me. He seemed like an odd choice for a backup story featuring Clark Kent. Pretty cool though. I thought the stories were nice just because they showed he wasn’t flying around or at the Planet all the time. He relaxed like everyone else.