Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default "Kings Ransom" One-Shot in May

Looks like the Spidey/Kingpin storyline is coming to a BIG conclusion in the giant-sized issue:

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-kingp...nt-size-issue/

I'm not used to one-shots being so plot relevant .

I don't really get why this has to be a one-shot if it's the conclusion to a story that's been happening in the main book throughout the 60 issues or so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't really get why this has to be a one-shot if it's the conclusion to a story that's been happening in the main book throughout the 60 issues or so.
    Marvel needs the money because we are in a pandemic...

At least that’s the logic many users here seem to agree upon. This is just another waste of 5.99+

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Marvel needs the money because we are in a pandemic...

At least that’s the logic many users here seem to agree upon. This is just another waste of 5.99+
    Marvel does not need the money. Look at the amount of subscribers to Disney Plus even more then they forecasted ( think WandaVision even though I have never seen it because I am into sports and movies not series). What is it then? Just more greed. They admitted the Giant Sized comic is not going to be the first Giant sized ( and priced) comic coming out.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-13-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Maybe to help keep the story on track for some big reveals in 75 and 900/99+100?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Maybe to help keep the story on track for some big reveals in 75 and 900/99+100?
    Think of the word Marvel chose Cacophonous. I graduated from college and had to look it up. The definitions are . 1: Alarm bells. 2: The sounds of screaming men.That means something harsher then Last Remains. I suspect someone or more then someone will be sleeping with the fish. My guess? Boomerang. But do not discount Fisk as well. Remember when Fisk almost killed Aunt May and Peter gave Fisk an ass kicking? After everything Peter went through with Kindred, I could see Peter snapping and killing Fisk if Kingpin actually kills Boomerang.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-13-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Think of the word Marvel chose Cacophonous. I graduated from college and had to look it up. The definitions are . 1: Alarm bells. 2: The sounds of screaming men.That means something harsher then Last Remains. I suspect someone or more then someone will be sleeping with the fish. My guess? Boomerang. But do not discount Fisk as well. Remember when Fisk almost killed Aunt May and Peter gave Fisk an ass kicking? After everything Peter went through with Kindred, I could see Peter snapping and killing Fisk if Kingpin actually kills Boomerang.
    I think it'd be weird if something happens to Fisk right now and Daredevil isn't involved. The most I could see happening would be Fisk being caught on camera doing something underhanded, but then the mayor plot bounces back to DD.

Cacophonous might be just "let's use a big SAT word," but it also might be a hint that, say, Clash, will be involved.

I think Lowe tends to oversell Spencer's run a bit, so I'm not expecting something too earth-shattering. Maybe Tombstone or Boomerang get the Life Tablet and use it to secure power in the underworld? I could see Robbie being injured or killed.

I don't think anything will happen to May - she hasn't been present enough yet in this run for her to be killed off. I also think, as a practical matter, if we're going to be addressing OMD soon, May needs to be alive - breaking the deal causing May's death (whether it actually happens or if Peter is given a choice) is a much richer concept than Peter, I don't know, trapping Mephisto with web fluid and asking him to take deal back.

Astonishing Member

I think it'd be weird if something happens to Fisk right now and Daredevil isn't involved. The most I could see happening would be Fisk being caught on camera doing something underhanded, but then the mayor plot bounces back to DD.

Cacophonous might be just "let's use a big SAT word," but it also might be a hint that, say, Clash, will be involved.

I think Lowe tends to oversell Spencer's run a bit, so I'm not expecting something too earth-shattering. Maybe Tombstone or Boomerang get the Life Tablet and use it to secure power in the underworld? I could see Robbie being injured or killed.

I don't think anything will happen to May - she hasn't been present enough yet in this run for her to be killed off. I also think, as a practical matter, if we're going to be addressing OMD soon, May needs to be alive - breaking the deal causing May's death (whether it actually happens or if Peter is given a choice) is a much richer concept than Peter, I don't know, trapping Mephisto with web fluid and asking him to take deal back.
    I did not say May would “Sleep With The Fish” although Peter using the tablet to bring her back to Maria Tomei age is always a possibility. I noted the ass kicking because I know how much Peter truly hates Fisk. I would say that except for the Osborn’s and possibly Eddie there is no one he detests more then Fisk ( Otto included). One false step by Fisk ( like killing Boomerang or using Harry/Kindred as a weapon against say MJ) could simply be the “Straw That Breaks The Camels Back”

especially with Matt in Prison wonder when this stuff with Kingpin will take place in Chips run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Starting to think this book has terrible structure.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

I did not say May would “Sleep With The Fish” although Peter using the tablet to bring her back to Maria Tomei age is always a possibility. I noted the ass kicking because I know how much Peter truly hates Fisk. I would say that except for the Osborn’s and possibly Eddie there is no one he detests more then Fisk ( Otto included). One false step by Fisk ( like killing Boomerang or using Harry/Kindred as a weapon against say MJ) could simply be the “Straw That Breaks The Camels Back”
    De-aging Aunt May is just a stupid idea altogether and fairly ageist.

Fantastic Member

So what do we think Fisk wants the tablets for? Bringing Vanessa back to life is my guess. Maybe the tablets are destroyed by Spidey, and Fisk has a major reason to be even more ticked with Pete?

Mighty Member

I didn't mean to imply you said Aunt May was toast - I just got into a bit of free association about what could be so momentous. There are a few options for something surprising or important, but story logic kind of pushes against many of them. Fisk is a big part of Zdarsky's DD run, so it'd be odd if anything too big happens to him in ASM. MJ seems to be a part of Harry's plans, so anything bad happening to her seems unlikely. If, as seems likely, OMD will be addressed in some way soon, I think Aunt May needs to be alive and mostly well.

If I had to guess, I think Pete ends up apartmentless after this - Boomerang and/or Robbie will be incapacitated or on the run and Pete won't be able to make rent. If we're looking for a good surprising ending worthy of a special issue, I could see Pete proposing finally. Harry's endgame probably gets accelerated with that happening . . .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    De-aging Aunt May is just a stupid idea altogether and fairly ageist.
    Marvel has already done it in the MCU, so do not dismiss this out of hand.