Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Does Peter Parker have his Phd yet?

Last I heard, he lost his phd due to plagiarism accusations. Does he still not have his phd?

Nope he is still in college although it's been a while since we seen him in class
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Nope he is still in college although it's been a while since we seen him in class
    Oh man... this aspect of the character is just sad. After almost 60 years, Peter still hasn't become a full fledged scientist. Are the writers just afraid that if he gets his phd, he's too old of a character?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Oh man... this aspect of the character is just sad. After almost 60 years, Peter still hasn't become a full fledged scientist. Are the writers just afraid that if he gets his phd, he's too old of a character?
    I guess so. He doesnt even have a job right now although he will be getting a new one soon. But I'm at the point wondering if it even matter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

It really seems like anything outside of Peter swinging through town and punching people does not matter. I think the most advancement Peter had in the last 20 years, his PHD, starting Parker Indtrusties, having a strong romantic relationship with some one not named Mary jane happened when a Super Villain his jacked his body.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It really seems like anything outside of Peter swinging through town and punching people does not matter. I think the most advancement Peter had in the last 20 years, his PHD, starting Parker Indtrusties, having a strong romantic relationship with some one not named Mary jane happened when a Super Villain his jacked his body.
    It is kind of depressing. I guess he's the only flagship superhero character that started out as a teen... and all the problems he had as a teen were part of his appeal as a character. But to keep him like that forever... I don't like it... Plus the tv shows and movies reset the character to a teenager every few years...

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    It is kind of depressing. I guess he's the only flagship superhero character that started out as a teen... and all the problems he had as a teen were part of his appeal as a character. But to keep him like that forever... I don't like it... Plus the tv shows and movies reset the character to a teenager every few years...
    You are very much right. Amazing Spiderman was about both Peter and Spiderman. It was a lot of fun to see Peter as a teen and young man have the same problems we all do. money problems, work problems, relationship troubles.

But at this point in his life he is like your wife's loser brother who never got his act together and is sleeping on the futon in the basement three nights a week. But you know it wont last. he has a job interview next week that will for sure turn things around, and he met the nicest girl at the Taco Bell the other day.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-09-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

You know, it really is quite disappointing how Spencer has neglected Peter's day-to-day in general, and more specifically as a grad student at ESU. I don't think we've even seen him in class except for the beginning of that 2099 arc.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

That’s one of the reasons I LOVED Superior so much. It wasn’t afraid of changing the status quo. Even though we all knew Peter would eventually be back, I really hoped they would have kept all of the cool changes to his life while he wasn’t in the drivers seat and make him deal with them. Nope. Very disappointing...

no more plagiarism stories. they did it once when Mayor Jonah fired him, then again with the post-Ock aftermath. all these regressive gotcha moments get tedious.

chances are he's going to be expelled again for not attending his current PhD studies. "sad sack Peter" is fetishized...

We've actually seen more of Peter at ESU in Ghost-Spider! He helps Gwen enrol and takes some lectures for Doctor Conners - he's actually been working as a teaching assistant while studying for his own degree.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

#truth

Sad thing is once Spencer finishes his run, I'm sure there will be another "reset', erasing whatever progress Peter makes under his tenure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no more plagiarism stories. they did it once when Mayor Jonah fired him, then again with the post-Ock aftermath. all these regressive gotcha moments get tedious.

chances are he's going to be expelled again for not attending his current PhD studies. "sad sack Peter" is fetishized...

Do the writers think this is what the readers want?

I can't imagine a writer enjoys keeping his characters perpetually in stasis...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We've actually seen more of Peter at ESU in Ghost-Spider! He helps Gwen enrol and takes some lectures for Doctor Conners - he's actually been working as a teaching assistant while studying for his own degree.
    That's kind of cool I guess... but I remember Peter in that same position more than 30 years ago(1989) when I first read a Spidey comic. Working with a professor as a lab assistant at ESU, while trying to get his degree. I'm afraid in another 30 years he's still going to be at the same spot.

he already has his phd in getting whooped by osborns
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate