Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

As said by others: Nothing
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Kind of makes me think this damages Castle's chances of joining the MCU.

Mighty Member

I get giving Frank a rest during these times, but I personally wouldn't want anything to change with Frank. I just love how consistent and reliable his books are. Sometimes it seems like you have to go out of your way to write a bad Punisher story (as opposed to one that is just generic).

I think it is possible, given the upcoming show, that they could attempt to have Moon Knight take the place of Frank Castle as the de facto edgy violent anti-hero.

They could also choose to bring back either Nigel Higgens with an updated symbol and shove him back in the spotlight. I would say Rachel because I love Rachel, but that would just result in the female members of these communities having their own Punisher symbol to parade around in. Nigel being from the UK, being black, and not being nearly as committed to Punisher's ideology would be things that would likely prevent hate groups from wanting to parade around in his symbol. I know he is in a good place right now, but you can easily do stories where bad things happen and he's struggling not to fall back into his old ways, ultimately resulting in some Equalizer-esque adventures.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Kind of makes me think this damages Castle's chances of joining the MCU.
    But he's already in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I get giving Frank a rest during these times, but I personally wouldn't want anything to change with Frank. I just love how consistent and reliable his books are. Sometimes it seems like you have to go out of your way to write a bad Punisher story (as opposed to one that is just generic).

I think it is possible, given the upcoming show, that they could attempt to have Moon Knight take the place of Frank Castle as the de facto edgy violent anti-hero.

They could also choose to bring back either Nigel Higgens with an updated symbol and shove him back in the spotlight. I would say Rachel because I love Rachel, but that would just result in the female members of these communities having their own Punisher symbol to parade around in. Nigel being from the UK, being black, and not being nearly as committed to Punisher's ideology would be things that would likely prevent hate groups from wanting to parade around in his symbol. I know he is in a good place right now, but you can easily do stories where bad things happen and he's struggling not to fall back into his old ways, ultimately resulting in some Equalizer-esque adventures.
    Ewing brought back Nigel, and had him renounce the skull because of how others perceived it.

A plot about Castle looking at that could be interesting.

Fantastic Member

Keep Castle going for as long as they can, and don't let a minority of symbol-worshippers ruin a solid form of entertainment.

Thank you.

Ultimate Member

If nothing else, stop sending Castle up against villains who eat kittens and punt puppies.

Lets see some actual moral gray, where all his villains aren't confessing their most depraved act to a mass murderer, hoping for mercy.

The Punisher Kills the Executive Branch, oversized OGN by Jason Aaron and Aaron Kuder.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But he's already in the MCU.
    I meant Feige's PG-13 MCU!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    The Punisher Kills the Executive Branch, oversized OGN by Jason Aaron and Aaron Kuder.
    They can even have two sequels if it sells well!

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Keep Castle going for as long as they can, and don't let a minority of symbol-worshippers ruin a solid form of entertainment.

Thank you.
    Well said. I agree.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Punisher wasn't even a satire of ultra-violent heroes since there weren't any when he was created.
    Yes there were. Mack Bolan from The Executioner (who was a Vietnam War vet like Frank) and Paul Kersey from the Death Wish novel. Both of them had their families victimized by crime in their origin stories which motivated them to become vigilantes just like Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes there were. Mack Bolan from The Executioner (who was a Vietnam War vet like Frank) and Paul Kersey from the Death Wish novel. Both of them had their families victimized by crime in their origin stories which motivated them to become vigilantes just like Frank.
    That's not being a satire. That's just using the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's not being a satire. That's just using the same idea.
    I didn't say he was a satire. I was just refuting the argument that there weren't any violent antiheroes when the Punisher debuted.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Are those novels or movies? If there are other characters like this outside of comics, I wouldn't know. My bad.
    "Cable was right!"