Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I say again:
    Disney has taken legal action agaist kindergartens and grieving fathers to protect their characters, they can 100 % deal with this, now you just have to ask yourselves why a grave for a young boy with spider man in it is more of a concern to their lawyers than this

All-New Member

Marvel should do nothing to the character. Changing the Punisher would be like changing Judge Dredd or Marshall Law. And it's not like putting him in a limbo would stop some people using his symbol childishly, there are lawyers for that.

BANNED

If disney cared they would have solved it, they don't care.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

proud boys are cop killing domestic terrorists.
    Source for this, please.

Amazing Member

10 characters

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Like I said, I'm not a Punisher fan, but I don't understand why people want to make him a moral figure. I always thought he was an extremist without reason and that he should be portrayed that way.
    Agreed. (10 chars.)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I say again:
    Disney has taken legal action agaist kindergartens and grieving fathers to protect their characters, they can 100 % deal with this, now you just have to ask yourselves why a grave for a young boy with spider man in it is more of a concern to their lawyers than this

Worth noting that apparently a lot of those treasonous scumbags also used Captain America imagery in their little insurrection. The family of Jack Kirby spoke out about it. So this isn't really an exclusively Frank problem. And I don't think Steve Rogers is suddenly toxic or "cancelled" either.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's got nothing to do with Trump. Even prior to his term, corporations and politicians alike have always been deferential towards the Police and the armed forces.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Ah, I didn't know there was a thread for this already, my bad. Here we go -

This video by Perch is hilarious, dark at times, but hilarious nonetheless.

Last edited by Celgress; 01-14-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Worth noting that apparently a lot of those treasonous scumbags also used Captain America imagery in their little insurrection. The family of Jack Kirby spoke out about it. So this isn't really an exclusively Frank problem. And I don't think Steve Rogers is suddenly toxic or "cancelled" either.

Yeah source for this:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...53898172928002

If even cap, who openly stands for things anathema to what his symbol was used for..... then it isn't about the character or what it represents but what they project onto him.

At best these people would take his "You move" speech and internalize it without finding the "river of truth"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's got nothing to do with Trump. Even prior to his term, corporations and politicians alike have always been deferential towards the Police and the armed forces.
    You're right, it's not about Trump it's about the man standing next to Trump. Ike Perlmutter - the man reason Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Black Widow didn't get movies until he was cut from the MCU. Look up what he's into, there's your answer. Corporations aren't people, they're guided by the people in them Permutter's leadership is not like Fiege's. Did you know the US military didn't have anything to do with the first Avengers movie because they didn't like how they were written?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Now that U.S. Federal prosecutors have filed court filings establishing in bold type the goal of the insurrectionists to "capture and assassinate elected officials", Disney/Marvel probably shouldn't bury their heads on this. I'm not saying they need to get rid of Frank, but they can't stay mum on the subject.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's less financially feasible to deal with copyright infringement when it's a ridiculous amount of people rather a guy with a dying kid.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's less financially feasible to deal with copyright infringement when it's a ridiculous amount of people rather a guy with a dying kid.
    Yeah, that was really low....

Also, if you change over 20% of something it is no longer copyright protected this applies especially to images. All the people using the image need to do is alter it just enough so they can skirt the law. Getting rid of every unofficial variant of the Punisher symbol is for all intents and purposes impossible. Oh, and if you give something away rather than profit off it copyright is often difficult to enforce in many cases because there is no "material damage". A wiser course of action is to change the character making him unappealing to the problematic groups.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-15-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."