Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What Should Marvel Do About The Punisher at This Point?

I love the character of Frank Castle. Punisher has been a long time favorite. But in light of how many bad police officers, hate groups like the Proud Boys have taken over his symbol and how many people on Wednesday were photographed wearing his symbol what should Marvel do with The Punisher at this point? Is this a character whose time has passed because of not only the change in times but because he has been corrupted by the far right and hate groups.

Edit - I will give my thoughts. I think he is a character whose time has long since passed. He got really big in the shoot first ask questions later days of Charles Bronson Death Wish and Dirty Harry. But in todays age is it really a good ideal to glorify a mass murder who operates outside the wall. It was fun for a bit. And I still enjoy reading his older stuff. but the last few months I have been more and more uncomfortable with him. I hate that racists and dirty police and now the terrorists on the 6th have ruined a character I love by corrupting his symbol.

Do you keep the Punisher and change the symbol? Or do you just retire him at this point and see that his time has passed?

If the mods think this is too soon or too heated of a topic I am sorry and am fine with this being taken down.

Please can we keep this civil
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-09-2021 at 06:38 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.