Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Not offensive; just pointless.

How does Frank's sexuality affect his crusade against the Mafia?
    I think what the other user is getting it is the fact that many members of the Militia Movement (to take one example from the Extreme Right) are violently homophobic and transphobic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You can't ignore a serious problem hoping it will go away.
    It's not really a serious problem cuz this Punisher IRL stuff has been going on before these "Proud Boys" came along.

I think what the other user is getting it is the fact that many members of the Militia Movement (to take one example from the Extreme Right) are violently homophobic and transphobic.
    It won't matter cuz the older stuff still exists and that's their inspiration for looking up to Frank anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

All these suggestions about potential storylines are pointless. Most of these people think that Marvel is infested with SJWs and won't care that Frank will denounce them in some new story. If anything, it will just add more fuel to the fire. You know, we have to retake our beloved characters from these communists.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    All these suggestions about potential storylines are pointless. Most of these people think that Marvel is infested with SJWs and won't care that Frank will denounce them in some new story. If anything, it will just add more fuel to the fire. You know, we have to retake our beloved characters from these communists.
    Plus Marvel has already done these stories. There's literally stories were Castle says that cops shouldn't wear his symbol and were he's fought neo-nazis.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Hahaha folks still talking about this like they expect some grand measure to be taken.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hahaha folks still talking about this like they expect some grand measure to be taken.
    Marvel has a bad habit of listening to Twitter so I kinda worried.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

They listen to Twitter?

You can't ignore a serious problem hoping it will go away.

But it's not a serious issue. It's just being portrayed as a serious issue. A lot of symbols are being appropriated right now by extreme left wing groups and extreme right wing groups. go back to the satanic panic in the 80s, parents were blaming Judas priest and ozzy for their kids taking lsd and walking into the ocean. We can't censor things because extremists, left and right, are being dumbasses.

The second you sensor something it lends credence to the " issue". Movies music, artwork is supposed to be subversive. It's supposed to be subjective. If a bunch of left wing and right wing idiots want to hit each other with clubs and the right wing side wants to do it with punisher logos then the rest of us should laugh at them openly. It's dumb. No one thinks they're some menacing force, it's just cringey.

Marvel should just wait until Biden gets in. See what the temperature is in a few months and get back to telling punisher stories . They can play it safe and do punisher stories that are a bit softer or they could lean into it and subvert it and tell new fresh badass punisher stories. Changing the logo is dumb. Catering to fringe groups of either side is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    But it's not a serious issue. It's just being portrayed as a serious issue. A lot of symbols are being appropriated right now by extreme left wing groups and extreme right wing groups. go back to the satanic panic in the 80s, parents were blaming Judas priest and ozzy for their kids taking lsd and walking into the ocean. We can't censor things because extremists, left and right, are being dumbasses.

The second you sensor something it lends credence to the " issue". Movies music, artwork is supposed to be subversive. It's supposed to be subjective. If a bunch of left wing and right wing idiots want to hit each other with clubs and the right wing side wants to do it with punisher logos then the rest of us should laugh at them openly. It's dumb. No one thinks they're some menacing force, it's just cringey.

Marvel should just wait until Biden gets in. See what the temperature is in a few months and get back to telling punisher stories . They can play it safe and do punisher stories that are a bit softer or they could lean into it and subvert it and tell new fresh badass punisher stories. Changing the logo is dumb. Catering to fringe groups of either side is dumb.
    Well said. You came with an unbiased POV. Especially the fact that there are extremists on BOTH sides not just one. Marvel should do nothing with the Punisher. He had nothing to do with it. Why should he be censored? Is the comics code back again? All this censorship is getting ridiculous. Some of them wore the American flag. Should we take that down too?

It's not really a serious problem cuz this Punisher IRL stuff has been going on before these "Proud Boys" came along.....
    Oh, I know all about that trust me (I can't say more without running the risk of a permanent ban from the entire site, I've been warned). I still think something should be done and should have been done long ago but perhaps it is too late now.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-19-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    .....A lot of symbols are being appropriated right now by extreme left wing groups and extreme right wing groups...
    A valid point one most "normies" don't what to be made aware of.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-19-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Nothing will ever top crying Doom.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Never mind. I said this before
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-20-2021 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Never mind

Extraordinary Member
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Damn, I was uninformed. I didn't know that murder was the only way to do wrong. /sarcasm

Both sides have their problems, it's a fact.