Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    This, 1000 %

Same thing has happened to Julia Carpenter at times.
    And Julie/Lightspeed from Power Pack. At least Katie has kept her strawberry blondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its canon that Dazzler wears wigs so she can appear with any hair color she wants and it not be "wrong"
    I always assumed she just dyes her hair blonde/black/pink/whatever else vs. her hair being "mis-colored" when it's not strawberry blonde. She's a pop star, they change their hair colors a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It’s also “cannon” what we said. That the colorists have abandoned strawberry blonde for bombshell blonde on more than one character.
    They're just trying to "offer" the contrarian point and be all "I know something you don't know". I actually don't think it's accurate to say Dazzler is KNOWN to wear wigs every second of every day of her life and rather just when she's in disguise or trying to take on a different persona. Her current, PERMANENT hair color is most-likely not her character's choice (lol plus she's not real) and is the choice of the writer/colorist. And most likely an ill-informed choice most of the time. However...

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I always assumed she just dyes her hair blonde/black/pink/whatever else vs. her hair being "mis-colored" when it's not strawberry blonde. She's a pop star, they change their hair colors a lot.
    It's also possible that somewhere down the line, they were like Dazzler is a bottle blonde now and that's the way she likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yep, its canon that she does that too.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    They're just trying to "offer" the contrarian point and be all "I know something you don't know". I actually don't think it's accurate to say Dazzler is KNOWN to wear wigs every second of every day of her life and rather just when she's in disguise or trying to take on a different persona. Her current, PERMANENT hair color is most-likely not her character's choice (lol plus she's not real) and is the choice of the writer/colorist. And most likely an ill-informed choice most of the time. However...
    She wore a blonde wig all throughout AXM and that wasnt her in disguise or taking on a different persona. She dyes it and she wears wigs. Thats canon now

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Wig or no wig it looks like she'll have the correctly colored hair in Way of X from some cover art and her appearances already. Now let's just hope she isn't the punching bag/punchline for the other characters like Dr. Nemesis.

I do wonder why editorial wanted her to have short dark hair in Astonishing though, AForce left her with blonde and pink I think. But that would mean editorial had paid attention to anything during the big waste of space/lining up things for HoX/PoX period.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She wore a blonde wig all throughout AXM and that wasnt her in disguise or taking on a different persona. She dyes it and she wears wigs. Thats canon now
    Sure, she wears wigs. But that isn't the explanation for why she's been mostly blonde blonde for the past decade. So you can say canon as many times as you'd like, but your reasoning is less than complete and as usual, a flippant dismissal of what others are discussing.
    Last edited by superjosh; 06-09-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Wig or no wig it looks like she'll have the correctly colored hair in Way of X from some cover art and her appearances already. Now let's just hope she isn't the punching bag/punchline for the other characters like Dr. Nemesis.

I do wonder why editorial wanted her to have short dark hair in Astonishing though, AForce left her with blonde and pink I think. But that would mean editorial had paid attention to anything during the big waste of space/lining up things for HoX/PoX period.
    That wasnt an editorial thing; it was a Rosenberg thing, especially since he wrote it into the story. And FYI, A-Force wasnt Dazzler's most recent appearance before AXM. She had a oneshot called Dazzler X-Song, which served as a prelude to AXM. Her hair there was long and pink and she was back to performing at clubs. AXM had her singing still and it was revealed that she would wear wigs to change her look up for the performance

Anyway, back to my original point. Wig or not, it's still been a choice for her look to be more of a bottle blonde color following New Excalibur. She kind of rotates now between blonde blonde and pink.

FTR I thought the shaved hair EMO thing was so contrived... she's so punk now LOLLLLL!!! And no, she did not shave a blonde wig and dye it black! But also, that reminds me of how her S.H.I.E.L.D. days were so lame. When will a team actually commit to make Dazzler the compelling star that she can be!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Glitterati- question: what’s the name of the latinx pop star that’s marvel tried to release in the same cross promotional way like dazzler that also failed miserably? It was a short lived comic book and she had a black costume with tassels and a wielded a bo staff.
    Something _________ Cat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Glitterati- question: what’s the name of the latinx pop star that’s marvel tried to release in the same cross promotional way like dazzler that also failed miserably? It was a short lived comic book and she had a black costume with tassels and a wielded a bo staff.
    Something _________ Cat.
    NightCat.

Question, is Mortis, Dazzler’s sister on Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    NightCat.

Thanks!

Question, is Mortis, Dazzler’s sister on Krakoa?
    And yeah , she’d better be. In my head canon things look this way: Mortis sank to the bottom of the San Francisco Bay after being held as a prisoner/patient in the med bay of Utopia during her coma. Paulo me had canon been charge of her recovery after the incidents in the Dazzler one shot nearly 10 years ago but AvX happened immediately after and Utopia kinda got obliterated and she was probably forgotten about. Hopefully though- Croats and the Atlantans saved her life OR there will be an arc in Way of X that explains what happened to her. Though I hope it won’t be too long. Mortis is a dork and I kinda hate when her ungrateful ass shows up.

Just a friendly reminder- Dazzler is an Omega Mutant as first discovered by Project Pegasus:
    F6327331-A671-40E0-AB37-0CC099AA14DF.jpg

Thoughts on Nemesis and Dazzler? Personally I like that they remember Dazzler likes older men.

Extraordinary Member

When will Alison ever learn the truth about her son?

I guess Colossus is in the same boat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When will Alison ever learn the truth about her son?

I guess Colossus is in the same boat.
    What happened with colossus?