Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I’m glad you mentioned this, Thievery. Because back in the day, when Dazzler first came on the scene she was THE ‘It Girl’ of the MU, and one of the people that helped foster and befriend her was indeed Spider Man. At the time, she was kind of a femme analog to a lot of the super hero community at the time during their salad years. In the same way Peter Parker, Heroes for Hire, Even the O5, were out trying to work and get jobs while balancing their super lives, Dazzler was iconically doing the same with her singing career. I love that era of young street level heroes during that time. Everyone seemed to clique and flow with one another. Dazzler and Spider Man worked together a number of times and he even used to kick it at her place on 66th street from time to time.
    Attachment 104716
    Attachment 104718
    Attachment 104717
    I have to be honest here. I tried reading Dazzler's old comic book from back in the day. I dont think that I made it all the way past issue 20, or somewhere in that area. Do you think that I gave up on her comic to soon?
    I didn't know about the Spider-Man appearances, so thank you for pointing them out.

If the Krakoa era is all about mutants being their best self then I am all for Dazzler appearing on rollerskates in her disco onesie.

Dazzler is one of the characters that I wouldn't mind seeing the later version of. I prefer her punk/rock look to her old disco out fit with roller skates. I've always found the roller skates to be goofy and corny. They are the type of goofy stuff that give comics a bad name and reputation in my opinion.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I have to be honest here. I tried reading Dazzler's old comic book from back in the day. I dont think that I made it all the way past issue 20, or somewhere in that area. Do you think that I gave up on her comic to soon?
    I didn't know about the Spider-Man appearances, so thank you for pointing them out.
    It’s not for everyone, I admit, that’s why Dazzler has a cult following. But the later issues are what might interest you as they are a little grittier and less about her and her skates and her singing career. After the fallout of Dazzler The Movie which was, btw, Marvel’s first major event for an X-men character that had repercussions across the franchise and larger MU, the stories are more about her becoming an actual hero and atoning for her part in reigniting mutant hysteria. The series took a markedly darker direction at that time. Check out maybe issue 30 and up. Along with the Beauty and the Beast mini. Dazzler’s been through some ****, bro.

Dazzler is one of the characters that I wouldn't mind seeing the later version of. I prefer her punk/rock look to her old disco out fit with roller skates. I've always found the roller skates to be goofy and corny. They are the type of goofy stuff that give comics a bad name and reputation in my opinion.
    Comics a bad name? To whom? Gamers? Lol Dazzler’s roller skates are no more goofy than Spider man’s web goo, or Kamala Khan’s ‘embiggening’. I think there’s a trend in comics that means to make them too realistic or ‘serious business’. This kinda hurts comics sometimes in my opinion. Like I’m not a fan of making comics completely cutesy and cartoony in aesthetic like the way Marcel is cowing to Disney rn in a lot of their illustrative styles- but with some characters it does help to make them a little more of a caricature. Dazzler is supposed to be a super approachable babe. An archetype and meme of a character who’s beauty and trusting nature gets her into trouble. The elements of her approachability despite her being this total diva as Dazzler, the recording artist superstar, is her cartoonish aspects like her skates and her sense of humor and her goofy sweetness. Otherwise the character becomes heavy and inaccessible to a lot of potential stories. Her skates take the piss out.

Those roller skates remind me of the Adam West Batman show. They make Dazz look goofy, and not in a good way. I also dont think that they make her look sweet and approachable. They just make her look cheesy. To rediculous for the X-Men. Just my opinion.

Those roller skates remind me of the Adam West Batman show. They make Dazz look goofy, and not in a good way. I also dont think that they make her look sweet and approachable. They just make her look cheesy. To rediculous for the X-Men. Just my opinion.
    I mean, you say roller skates are too goofy and are the sort of thing non-comic readers would find laughable, but your avatar is literally sort kind of blue emo vampire birdman.

She’s the best there is at what she does and what she does is roller skate ��
    Dazzler clearly gives no ducks about how it makes her look. Cuz she looks like a roller derby badass
    5F00A414-35CD-4860-92E8-287F183FC676.jpg
    48536275-12B8-4371-8334-3A8EF7CB58CC.jpg

Ali should be made leader for once.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I mean, you say roller skates are too goofy and are the sort of thing non-comic readers would find laughable, but your avatar is literally sort kind of blue emo vampire birdman.
    Well, Archangel isn't a vampire/birdman.

But, if he was, I'm willing to bet that more non-comics readers would be willing to read about a vampire than a character with roller skates.
    Seriously, I think that Dazzler is better off without the roller skates.

I agree that Warren can sometimes be emo, but look at the purple or pink( I can't tell which sometimes) looking character with antenna you have as your avatar. He may be Mr. Sensitive, but he can be so emo that even Jon Snow would feel embarrassed for him. So there .
    Doubt that non comic readers would take a look at that guy and say "hey great". And I say that as someone who enjoyed X-Statix.

And Dazzler would be better off without the roller skates in my opinion.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-16-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Dazzler hasn't been used well since the X-Men's outback days but I think Uncanny #260, when she got kidnapped by that MTGOW guy was the best Dazzler story told.

Her last good showing was in X-Treme X-Men Vol. 2 written by Pak. It basically had Ali leading the team and continued to develop her relationship with Sage which I enjoyed seeing. That's the version of her I want to see presented in the books now.

I'm also pro long strawberry blonde hair, updated silver costume AND skates. I'm over the blue costumes and short hairdos. Also completely against the "punk" look which always felt like it was forced and trying too hard. For the Ultimate Universe it worked but definitely not 616 Dazzler's style at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    Her last good showing was in X-Treme X-Men Vol. 2 written by Pak. It basically had Ali leading the team and continued to develop her relationship with Sage which I enjoyed seeing. That's the version of her I want to see presented in the books now.
    I loved that series and Dazzler's role there. I also loved the costume she got in that series--its probably my favourite Dazzler look to date.

Her last good showing was Astonishing X-men tbh. Mostly because Rosenberg portrayed her as a competent self assured member of a team of professionals. She was touring that shitty comeback tour but she’d still was doing what she loved and it showed a marked reconstitution of spirit from her characterization in A-Force.

Fan Cast:
    LIONBABE as Dazzler!
    0677AFB8-A660-4EAD-9763-55985EB022AD.jpg

Dazzler is a light skinned Black Woman FIGHT ME.