Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He even got to say Beast's catchphrase .
    Oh my Stars and Garters. Grammer played him almost exactly like the 90s Cartoon. Quoting Shakespear, the way he talked Nd just being jolly. W Also hope in future iterations we never get the Chester the cheethah looking design Beats evolved into.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-10-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oh my Stars and Garters. Grammer played him almost exactly like the 90s Cartoon. Quoting Shakespear Nd just being jolly. Also hope in future iterations we never get the Chester the cheethah looking design Beats evolved into.
    The funny thing is Beast's VA from the 90's show was actually in the first X-Men movie. I think he was either a trucker Rogue hitched a ride with or the owner of that bar where Rogue meets Wolverine at.

The funny thing is Beast's VA from the 90's show was actually in the first X-Men movie. I think he was either a trucker Rogue hitched a ride with or the owner of that bar where Rogue meets Wolverine at.
    Thats cool didn't know that. Wonder if they used the show as reference. While I didn't like that film Beast was cool. Even liked how he hurled himself through the air in the final fight.

The trucker.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The trucker.
    Yea any other voice actors make cameos?

I'm sure alot of Comic fans my age are in the same boat. Xmen TAS was my intro to comics. When I was a kid my mom got me and my brothers pizza hut and it came with the Night of the Sentinels VhS. We loved it and watched the show and all the toys we got were from the show. That lead to my mom one day taking us to a Comicbook store. First comic I ever picked out was Wolverine #50, the one with the claw marks across the cover lol. Anyway that was a long way of saying Xmen TAS was a huge part of my childhood.

Incredible Member

I'm sure alot of Comic fans my age are in the same boat. Xmen TAS was my intro to comics. When I was a kid my mom got me and my brothers pizza hut and it came with the Night of the Sentinels VhS. We loved it and watched the show and all the toys we got were from the show. That lead to my mom one day taking us to a Comicbook store. First comic I ever picked out was Wolverine #50, the one with the claw marks across the cover lol. Anyway that was a long way of saying Xmen TAS was a huge part of my childhood.
    That's a beautiful story!
    For me, I began comics at a very young age with the Phoenix Saga. That's why I waited a lot for Singer's X 3, and was so disappointed with the movie (sometimes my mind forgets that this movie ever existed). Not that it matters now.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    That's a beautiful story!
    For me, I began comics at a very young age with the Phoenix Saga. That's why I waited a lot for Singer's X 3, and was so disappointed with the movie (sometimes my mind forgets that this movie ever existed). Not that it matters now.
    Thanks and yea it was Bret Ratner that made X3. Singer I think left to make Superman returns. Plenty of reasons to hate Singer but Ratner and I think Kinberg get the big L for X3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I'll echo others in saying that had they stuck with "the cure" plot, the movie probably would've been a lot better.
    The cure plot was also a missed opportunity to do more with Rogue, if you remove the Jean/Phoenix story and replace it with rogue going back and forth on getting the cure, the movie would have jump 4 steps better. Although while I will not say it is good that rogue got the cure, it was interesting because it allows for complex thoughts, some mutants wanting the cure did not make them evil or self-haters, the movie could have explored that a lot better if there was no Phoenix story.

Frankly, doing the Phoenix saga in one movie doesn't make much sense - would work better as a season of a tv series or something. Fox tried it twice and the result was abysmal each time. And no, i definitely am not interested in a Phoenix trilogy or anything like that. Hopefully Disney will focus on other x-men stories to adapt when they get around to it.
    I may agree with some fans that the phoenix story may be cursed on film and its time to let it go. the argument that it needed two movies are wrong. it needs a 7 part mini series to truly satisfy the story

I may need to do more research but I want to predict that X-Men TAS had the longest running story arc in American comic book cartoons making the phoenix story a nine part episode, not even Batman TAS told any of the stories that long, by Japanese anime standards its 50-70 episodes.

Movies can never get dark phoenix right , even worse now that X-Men belongs to Disney. time to turn the light off this story.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    I remember the year it came out, I was in high school. My friend who went to see it before me told me Jean Grey killed Cyclops. I didn't believe him. No way would they kill off one of the most important recognizable X-Men, I thought. Then I watched it. Not only did they kill him but it was so early in the movie. It happened so quick too. I was just sitting there like... that's it he's dead.
    I was like 17 and I almost cried. Especially since he didn't do anything in X2.

Also why didn't they bring back Nightcrawler?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The cure plot was also a missed opportunity to do more with Rogue, if you remove the Jean/Phoenix story and replace it with rogue going back and forth on getting the cure, the movie would have jump 4 steps better. Although while I will not say it is good that rogue got the cure, it was interesting because it allows for complex thoughts, some mutants wanting the cure did not make them evil or self-haters, the movie could have explored that a lot better if there was no Phoenix story.

I may agree with some fans that the phoenix story may be cursed on film and its time to let it go. the argument that it needed two movies are wrong. it needs a 7 part mini series to truly satisfy the story

I may need to do more research but I want to predict that X-Men TAS had the longest running story arc in American comic book cartoons making the phoenix story a nine part episode, not even Batman TAS told any of the stories that long, by Japanese anime standards its 50-70 episodes.

Movies can never get dark phoenix right , even worse now that X-Men belongs to Disney. time to turn the light off this story.
    BTAS didn't do long story-arcs. It had plenty of 2-parters but it was a very episodic series.

In terms of long-term story-arcs, by the 2000s plenty of shows were doing season-long arcs. Justice League Unlimited had the Cadmus arc which was almost all of season 2, and Wolverine and the X-Men was just one big arc. Non-superhero cartoons also do much longer arcs. Season 2 of Gargoyles has a ridiculously long arc in the middle, Avatar the Last Airbender is one story-arc told over 3 seasons, and each season of Legend of Korra is its own separate but full arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    BTAS didn't do long story-arcs. It had plenty of 2-parters but it was a very episodic series.

In terms of long-term story-arcs, by the 2000s plenty of shows were doing season-long arcs. Justice League Unlimited had the Cadmus arc which was almost all of season 2, and Wolverine and the X-Men was just one big arc. Non-superhero cartoons also do much longer arcs. Season 2 of Gargoyles has a ridiculously long arc in the middle, Avatar the Last Airbender is one story-arc told over 3 seasons, and each season of Legend of Korra is its own separate but full arc.
    Justice League had many one off and stand alone episodes, the Cadmus arc was not the only focus of season 2 , it was what I will say the backbone of season 2, other episodes in season 2 told other stand alone stories not connected to that. I remember this because my favourite Justice League Unlimited episode was the episode Jon Stewart finally tells Hawkgirl they had a son in the future. XMEN TAS took out 9 episodes of 78 just to tell one story and focus on that. Also never really revisit it again.

Wolverine and the xmen had many other episodes and one offs. Are Garygoyles and Avatar superhero shows based off comics , X-MEN TAS was more specific with the phoenix story, The entire phoenix plot from the show's episodes lists as

The Phoenix Saga Part 1
    The Phoenix Saga Part 2
    The Phoenix Saga Part 3
    The Phoenix Saga Part 4
    The Phoenix Saga Part 5
    The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 1
    The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 2
    The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 3
    The Dark Phoenix Saga Part 4

Its was very unusual for an American superhero show to break down a plot in so many episodes,the fact that it was pulled off in 1994-1995, was very commendable to what Marvel was back then, but this also means a movie should do twice as much work as the cartoon, which is the reason no phoenix story will ever work on screen in a way that will satisfy the fans or do the comics justice, there is just no time to do that in a movie. Just give it 7-9 part expensive episodes on HBO MAX and be done with it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think with comic book cartoons the winner is probably Spider-Man from FOX which had a whole season of 14 episodes (Neogenic Nightmare) which was based on Spidey's mutation story. Wolverine and the X-Men had several plots tying into each other and some random one-shots.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I believe the reason they didn't bring Nightcrawler back was because Alan Cumming didn't want to have to go through all that makeup again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

As many fans I too was unhappy about the treatment of Cyclops in X2. That been said, Seeing him again at the end of DOFP was a little bit comforting. It was the apologetic bone they threw to fans after the way the character was treated in X3 for killing him off.

Not that I'm aware of. Course, I didn't watch the cartoon, so it's a bit out of my experience.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)