Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

On the topic of Black Lightning costumes part one:
    I have an attachment to the modernized suit from the Tony Isabella/Eddy Newell revival of the 90s. I'd swap the color blocking a bit but it hits a lot of the right notes for me, representing him as a street level hero of experience.
    In particular I like the lightning flare acting as a "mask" instead of goggles etc...

Secondly on the costume issue:
    I had NO idea that his original costume included a wig. The bolder afro being part of his disguise from being mild manner teacher Jefferson Pierce to the larger than life hero
    ... Before Batwoman...there was BLACK LIGHTNING!

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BL 11.jpgMy fav Black Lightning uniform wish he would join the League again.

Incredible Member

Black_Lightning_2019.jpg

A Personal Favorite from "Young Justice: Outsiders"

my favorite Black Lightning design is pretty much a tie between the second CW design and the Young Justice: Outsiders design

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-19-2021 at 08:30 PM.

I was hesitant about them Manhattan-ifying Jefferson in Future State but I do like the idea of Jefferson being cursed as an Elemental and I really dug the Black Lightning/Signal dynamic duo at the end, teaming up to cure him. while I wouldn't want him as an electric man in modern day for too long, I wouldn't mind a limited series following him getting cursed and them going on the journey to cure it.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-16-2021 at 09:41 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Not a fan of the weaponized playstation tazer or the superman logo but I dig the rest of it.

This would be interesting as a prototype costume.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    my favorite Black Lightning design is pretty much a tie between the second CW design and the Young Justice: Outsiders design

Same here with YJ being #1

Not fan of this especially the S man logo maybe if Jeff was teen in a AU story or had son or grandson but not for Jeff.. The art is beautiful doe.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

DC Festival of Heroes Introduces Monkey Prince!
    “Family Dinner” – Amazon juggernaut Grace Choi has to meet her girlfriend Anissa Pierce’s dad for dinner. But when your girlfriend is Thunder, that means meeting the parents is that much more stressful because her father is Black Lightning!

We were having a discussion in another thread that gave me this idea for Black Lightning. I'm not a fan of the metagene so I was trying to come up with a more rich explanation for his powers. Tell me what you think.

What if when Jefferson Pierce was growing up he had a Doc Brown/ Marty Mcfly type relationship with a neglected black scientist in his neighbourhood that wanted to empower his community. That scientist was building an experimental battery in his garage that could power the entire city district for decades to come. A 12 year old Jefferson Pierce works as his assistant and learns from this scientist the idea of black pride. As the project goes on the scientist discovers that this new type of energy he is channelling in his garage can interact with our own bio-electricity. He is a creating a "black lightning" that that can heal and strengthen the human body. When he finally works out the kinks of this incredible battery, he is emprisioned by the government and his creation is stolen.

But Jefferson Pierce, his kid assistant, kept a mini version of the battery for himself. As the years go on Jefferson secretly uses the battery to heal people from the crime and police violence in his district, and to give electritcity to his friends when they can't pay the electric bill. Eventually the battery dies out and stops working. It doesn't matter anymore, because from prolonged exposure to it Jefferson gained that bio electricity within his own body. He is Black Lightning. And you can keep everything else about his origin story as well.

BANNED

I actually think his powers should be magic-based like was hinted at in Year One.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-16-2021 at 09:01 AM.