Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

It will be interesting to see if he will have his family in the story as well. Also I wonder if that half eaten apple symbolizes something?

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    It will be interesting to see if he will have his family in the story as well. Also I wonder if that half eaten apple symbolizes something?
    Princess Thunder and Lightning ?

a tale of two Lightnings! Future State Jefferson has arrived in the present day via Duke's Soultaker.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Princess Thunder and Lightning ?
    If his daughters are anywhere near as annoying as they are in the show hard pass for me. I actually liked the Isabella retcon them to be his cousins. However, I didn't mind them on Young Justice. Probably the best version of Black Lightning since Hill and Thomas and Isabella's 70's series now to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

a tale of two Lightnings! Future State Jefferson has arrived in the present day via Duke's Soultaker.
    Jefferson's got some glutes .
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    If his daughters are anywhere near as annoying as they are in the show hard pass for me. I actually liked the Isabella retcon them to be his cousins. However, I didn't mind them on Young Justice. Probably the best version of Black Lightning since Hill and Thomas and Isabella's 70's series now to think about it.
    I think they're a very central part of his character now (and I didn't care for the cousins retcon) but I would like to think the family dynamic could be handled better than they were in the last season of his show.

In Dark Knight of Steel panel video. Whatever that dc youtube channel called.
    The writer mention tthat Jefferson will have a son and two daughters. So I guess root for the family dynamic until they erased it again.
    But I do wonder is the son going to be just a character rewrite. Or an original idea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    The writer mention tthat Jefferson will have a son and two daughters. So I guess root for the family dynamic until they erased it again.
    But I do wonder is the son going to be just a character rewrite. Or an original idea.
    That's interesting. Obviously his daughters will play a roll, but will the son my be fodder to put Jeffersons kingdom against the Els? If it is a character rewrite they have some interesting choices. Could be a reworked black vulcan as a kid, though probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellscream View Post
    He's probably gonna be a Static stand in or CWs Painkiller.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    why Painkiler

That's the only reason I could see them giving him a random son (unless it's going to be a commentary on male heirs).

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    why Painkiler
    He's one of the first ones that comes to mind when I think of young males related to the BL franchise.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

He's one of the first ones that comes to mind when I think of young males related to the BL franchise.
    I think Duke Thomas or a kid Black Vulcan have a better chance of being his son than Painkiller or Static, assuming he's not a original character for the story. it seems (at least at this stage) DC is keeping Milestone as it's own thing, so I don't think Static is on the table, and I don't think Painkiller is really on the comic office's radar nor do I think his powers really line up to make it make sense since he's always been more of an enhanced person/cyborg than a metahuman. Duke is somewhat of a long shot but he's more plausible because they have a relationship that's pretty prominent in the comics right now (essentially taking Static's slot as Jefferson's protégé) and Batman did say he has a Robin spy in Jefferson's court. what better spy than the son of the king of the castle? I'd say he's still a long shot because I don't think Duke is gonna be a meta in this story (Duke's powers track record of appearing in Elseworlds hasn't been the best) and the prevailing theory online has been Tim or Cass will likely be the spy; but I do think it's possible.

I would say it's more likely gonna be (in order or likelihood):
    1. an original character, like Prince Jefferson Pierce II or something
    2. a young Black Vulcan (possibly still Prince Jefferson Pierce II)
    3. Duke Thomas
    4. someone completely left field from DC's comics like Wallace West or Hotspot
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-09-2021 at 07:28 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

As long as The Storm kingdom is not a reactionary piece to the story. Which they really did not do much this issue.
    That interesting to be a Black Vulcan rewrite. But that would mean every child is a lightning user and Anissa just an odd ball.
    I just hope who ever is Jefferson partner have a voice. Because Lynn only became relevant to me in CW show.

I was little disappointed in that first issue, not going to lie. I wanted to see more of King Jeff, hopefully the 2nd issue shows his family.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think Duke Thomas or a kid Black Vulcan have a better chance of being his son than Painkiller or Static, assuming he's not a original character for the story. it seems (at least at this stage) DC is keeping Milestone as it's own thing, so I don't think Static is on the table, and I don't think Painkiller is really on the comic office's radar nor do I think his powers really line up to make it make sense since he's always been more of an enhanced person/cyborg than a metahuman. Duke is somewhat of a long shot but he's more plausible because they have a relationship that's pretty prominent in the comics right now (essentially taking Static's slot as Jefferson's protégé) and Batman did say he has a Robin spy in Jefferson's court. what better spy than the son of the king of the castle? I'd say he's still a long shot because I don't think Duke is gonna be a meta in this story (Duke's powers appearing in Elseworlds hasn't been the best) and the prevailing theory online has been Tim or Cass will likely be the spy; but I do think it's possible.

I would say it's more likely gonna be (in order or likelihood):
    1. an original character, like Prince Jefferson Pierce II or something
    2. a young Black Vulcan (possibly still Prince Jefferson Pierce II)
    3. Duke Thomas
    4. someone completely left field from DC's comics like Wallace West or Hotspot
    I like the idea of Duke being a spy but I wouldn't mind either of those options though