Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Rise and Fall of Donald Trump - Pt. 1 : A Storm Approaches...

(This is just an Opinion deal...nothing is absolute fact just my own personal opinion)

As were days away from the end of the 1st damaging 4 years of Donald Trump's disaster Presidency , I had to look back. In fact as I sit here I am kinda responsible for the joking I made of the entire situation back nearly 6 years ago on CBR. I will go back and look at certain points and try to relieve them best I can.

-

- Donald Trump had always teased about running for political office or President in years past. He would bring it up back in the 1990's and 2000's at times. Trump was a Democrat and had been friends at one time with Bill and Hillary Clinton. He had invited them to his wedding to Melania Trump in 2005 and google can show them all laughing and joking. Bill Clinton literally has his arm on Donald's shoulder in one pic symbolizing there was a friendship there. By all accounts Donald Trump was a Democrat and would have likely ran as one. So what changed ?

By the late 2000's America was in the midst of a deep troubled Recession. The country needed a new hope and guidance to steer us clear. Voters in a crushing move rejected the Republicans and voted for Barack Obama as President. A young charismatic man , Barack was needed. He stumbled of course during his 2 terms in office but helped guide the country from the pit it started into. Along the way Barack Obama encountered the worst type of racism ever seen for the country's 1st black President.

I **** you not , Barack Obama literally at one point took anger and jabs from Fox News over wearing a tan suit to a press conference. But this wasn't the worst of it. No , the worst sadly was that Barack Obama would face claims he wasn't American. For years "birtherism" had grown and Donald Trump gobbled it up quick. For some unknown reason Donald Trump did not like Barack Obama. It seemed to start with this and led to full blown birtherism claims where Donald would taunt Obama online over not revealing his birth certificate.

The state of Hawaii so tired of this finally released Obama's long form birth certificate to appease the birthers who still didn't accept it. Donald Trump years later hasn't really seemed to comment on it. But in 2011 , in a funny White House dinner as part of a fun bit of stand up Barack Obama decided to poke fun at this entire deal and Donald Trump.

This its claimed inspired Donald Trump to run for political office. To get back at Barack Obama. Not to really help the country as we know. But the anger at being one-upped by Barack Obama on this made Trump decide he was gonna run for the Presidency after Obama was done. Because as many would claim later , Trump knew he could never defeat Barack Obama for the Presidency.

Even without the record of support from 2008 ; Barack Obama was a popular beloved figure who was weathering a tough road of challenges as President. And as we saw where he crushed Mitt Romney in 2012 , no way would he be able to challenge that. But he could wait and plot this.

The years would pass and Obama would leave office as popular as Reagan. Many wished he could run for a 3rd term and perhaps if he was able to , he could have saved the country what was ahead later. But alas as Barack Obama told in a speech to African leaders that as much as he would love to stay President and continue helping people , he had to follow the laws of Constitution. That more leaders need to do this. (him urging Democracy for many countries to let people have a hand in voting)

2015 would begin as rumors that Donald Trump would run for political office. Many made jokes about it as many felt voters could surely see through that this guy clearly wasn't good to run. Hillary Clinton was the sure fire front runner for Democratic party as Joe Biden had decided to not run that year. In fact it seemed like Biden would head into retirement , spend his golden years away in peace after years of being a Senator and Vice-President. No , Donald would need to rebrand his political party to run and he became a Republican.

Remember this was a man who was close with Democrats and was a member of the party for years. To win this nomination he needed to switch parties and decide to target his friends . Turning on Bill and Hillary Clinton so quick for a lust of power he desired. To spite that Barack Obama and trash his legacy more or less. Or as Micheal Cohen details ...to try and help his marketing opportunity.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi...h=55724eac2ade

I believe in my heart that it was a mix of both really. The chance to trash Obama's legacy was just too good to do. That if he could get in reverse everything and point at Obama as a failure and him success he would get a last laugh. But this could help him as well as Cohen claimed. Again this is just my opinion as is this thread. Its all opinion more or less. We all have them.

At this point I shall accept blame here. I am a comedy guy. I have a history of years of comedic threads and silly stuff I'd create. A lot was due to time. But hey I'm a guy who created a thread claiming I was becoming a cannibal because I didn't want to turn Vegan (It was deleted of course). But here I saw this guy saying outlandish things , terrible , horrible things like this....

https://www.popsugar.com/latina/phot...e-sending-best

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."
    With talks of a Wall and more I saw this as someone America would reject. So why not poke fun. And for that I'll always share some blame on not taking this seriously as I should have. This thread from 2015 was me joking about how terrible a Presidency of his could be. Little did I know what would happen.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t=SUPERECWFAN1

As 2015 was going on the Republican front runner to me and others was Jeb Bush. The son of George H. Bush and brother of GW Bush he was raising a lot of money and seemed poised to be the one to face Hillary Clinton. It was gonna be the families of 1988-2008 who had held office battling again. In fact Jeb had raised $100+ Million and seemed destined to get that nomination.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...16-days-119908

So the future seemed poised and Trump would quickly in the coming debates be exposed and he would not win the nomination.....

(End of part #1)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Rise and Fall of Donald Trump - Pt. 2 : Hatred and Bile...

As I said near the end of part #1 , I never took the Donald Trump campaign seriously. I had thought that America could see that Trump was just a terrible walking disaster and would ruin our country if given power. That he obviously had no real ideas on what to do beyond a slogan called "Make America Great Again.." But little did I know he'd feed into the anger and hatred of people.

Trump's words was simple and precise. If your life isn't what you think it should be or have struggled , its not your fault. The deck was stacked against you. No its not the deck of not having a college education or working to earn more work skills to better yourself. No...its those DAMN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS ! It was his main selling point on how immigrants had taken all these great jobs (they hadn't) and how businesses were leaving America and he'd make them stay (he really didn't have that power). Those in general public began eating it with a spoon.

Donald Trump began selling people on how great a businessman he was. His main selling tool was the years on the NBC reality show The Apprentice. The public was sold on the TV show Donald Trump. Of course anytime you run for office , the news media will start looking into who you are and what lies in your past beyond a TV show and they started digging. Donald being quick decided his best move was to train his growing supporters to know ONLY HE can speak the truth. That became Trump's main best weapon as he convinced his growing support base that the mainstream media who did any type of fact checking or anything was AGAINST him.

As Trump gathered power in the winter of 2016 many still felt the nomination would go to Jeb Bush. The Bush family had a legacy of service and been in Washington for years. Its this that basically Trump seized on to make the family look like the typical political family. That George Bush led us into recession and GW Bush was at fault for 9/11 happening. The best selling tool was Trump used grade school insults and behavior that made him a laugh riot to his supporters. They thought Trump was speaking to him as he'd mock Jeb Bush and his family.

Then it got more silly as Trump basically made life a SNL sketch as he mocked one of Republican candidates for nomination in Ted Cruz family (his wife and father) and more. The part where he claimed that Cruz's father was close to Lee Harvey Oswald was pretty comical. Its not like Ted Cruz is liked. He's more or less Frank Burns in the Senate and a lot of people are just forced to be around him more or less at this point to do the job. Like Hawkeye and Trapper/BJ had to work alongside Burns to help people. But it was just wild to see this type of insulting.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b055bc94809ac2

Trump then mocked Marco Rubio for his height calling him "Little Marco" as well. It was pretty wild to see play out. This inspired Saturday Night Live to do a sketch that winter where he was insulting everyone. At this stage SNL didn't take it all that serious either.

https://time.com/4242827/donald-trum...rubio-insults/

The press themselves were covering these wild antics and more of Trump and unknowingly fueled his rise to people. It was only later the news networks would regret this move as it helped his campaign more. But everyone was counting to Super Tuesday (the Super Bowl of Primaries that pretty much sets the course for who could win a Republican or Democrat nomination). A good showing for Cruz , Bush or even Trump would set the stage ahead.

In a stunner ....Donald Trump won 7 states. He has taken over the nomination at this stage and people realized he was destined to win the Republican nomination. A shocker as the pure front runner who had raised over $100+ million dollars in 2015 , Jeb Bush was a colossal failure. Trump had weakened Bush so badly , the poor man was DOA on arrival. In fact he only won 4 delegates the entire way with no states won. It was a collapse no one saw coming back in early 2015.

One of the funniest aspects of the Republican nomination and the primaries was Chris Christie , a New Jersey Governor who at one point after hurricane Sandy had hit his state , massively popular. His approval rating and how he had handled that made him popular at the time. But bad decisions as Governor caught up to him and his own state quickly turned on him in time. In fact his approval rating was 38% as this article claims.

https://www.governing.com/archive/go...president.html

Christie had always been ambitious and perhaps he saw that after his 2nd term of Governor he likely would need a political future. So in a shock to no one he decided to run for office as his state wasn't happy. I can't find the article but one citizen would say Christie needed to give up a failed campaign he had no shot of winning and come back to do his job. But if the idea was to get his name out there and get a future job ahead he thought this would work. He also was one of the very 1st to withdraw as his campaign was a dud and he endorsed Donald Trump.

If the idea was to get a future job with Trump administration in case he won , Christie gambled very wrongly. In fact Donald Trump so valued Christie he had him soon fetching his McDonald's according to a report that spread like wildfire online . Becoming one of the very 1st Republicans to become a punchline in support of Donald Trump.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news...-20171117.html

(As you can see the reporter stood by the report he made).

As spring arrived the others soon dropped out and Donald Trump had won the Republican nomination. Not with grand plans of the future beyond his catchphrase and saying America was tired of losing etc. But with taking down the other candidates in wild insults which made his crowd of supporters happy with glee. ...the next part would see him face a new enemy....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Christie was a joke as NJ Govenor. Here are a few examples:

--He was seen enjoying himself on a beach with his famiy over a Holiday Weekend when they were closed to everyone else due to "health concerns".

--He "secretly" (but it was found out!) had gastric bypass surgery! and was gone for months while none of his NJ residents were aware of this and that their state was not being run by their govenor.

--He had two people under him close the GW bridge going into/out of NJ/NY, stopping traffic on the bridge on a Friday into the weekend. Known as "Bridgegate".

---He kissed up to Trump. Trump sent him to fetch the McDonalds food because Christie apparently had standing food orders with them.

Donald J. Trump was a polarizing figure. He was the best at becoming the worst of the worst people. It's hard to believe he still has a lot of followers even after he's revealed his true colors. He transformed the faltering Republican Party into a fanatical cult. He was the first president to get impeached twice. He could have exited the Oval office quietly like the previous defeated incumbents have done, but he left a big black eye on the office instead.

Even after Biden is inaugurated, I doubt we have seen and heard the last of him.