Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Did you liked Superman with long hair?

I thought he looked pretty badass with it IMO. How about you?

Drawn by Tom Grummett before it became the ponytail, hell yes.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-10-2021 at 12:09 PM.

I liked it quite a bit. Some artists went way too mullet with it than intended, but it basically consisted of the first 4 years or so of my reading Superman comics till he finally cut it in the Wedding Album. Death Metal was cool but at the same time way too straight. Superman's got wavy hair at the very least. TBH the best middle-man I've seen that I think could actually serve as a permanent look was the longer hair he sported in Futures End. It wasn't super long but noticeably longer than usual.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-10-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Not really no. But you had even some of the classic greats like Swan give it a shot, Garcia Lopez and Kane both nailed it. Jon Bogdanove also just had a great way of drawing it.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Why yes, yes I did. Very much.

From Death Metal? Sure, but only within that story. I think Superman's hair should be longer than we normally see it, but only at this length

New-52-Superman-with-beard-and-t-shirt-banner-e1541734567365.jpg

Retired

That's my pandemic hair.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Long hair, yep! (not necessarily better but still cool if done right)

Clark pony tail... hard pass.

I agree with Sacred and Alpha; the Future's End look, where the hair is longer but not "80's Metallica" long, plus the beard, is the best look. Hell, if we could get that look in the main canon, including the t-shirt, cape, and jeans, I'd be thrilled. That right there is the perfect folktale hero, Bruce Springsteen Superman that today's America needs, I tells ya!

I liked the 90's hair, especially when it wasn't drawn like a mullet, and Metal is fine within the context of that story, but not designs I'd like to see in main canon. But bearded Superman is something I will never say no to!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

eh, I'll be the boring one here, I prefer him with the regular clean cut look more often than not.

Yes but like he was in Metal. Mullets are outdated now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yes but like he was in Metal. Mullets are outdated now a days.
    Actually, I just heard that they are in-style for men now but not as harsh/severe as in the past.

I always thought it looked kinda dumb honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree with Sacred and Alpha; the Future's End look, where the hair is longer but not "80's Metallica" long, plus the beard, is the best look. Hell, if we could get that look in the main canon, including the t-shirt, cape, and jeans, I'd be thrilled. That right there is the perfect folktale hero, Bruce Springsteen Superman that today's America needs, I tells ya!

I liked the 90's hair, especially when it wasn't drawn like a mullet, and Metal is fine within the context of that story, but not designs I'd like to see in main canon. But bearded Superman is something I will never say no to!
    Yeah it would be a great look for his new eraera, but I wouldn't give him the jeans and t shirt look. I think it would be better to give Conner a similar look to that one and make him the Golden Age revival/ rework.
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-10-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Incredible Member