Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

No, I don't like it. Mullet Superman doesn't work for me. Should never have been done.

Spectacular Member

Might mistake him for Lex Luthor if he has long hair.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I liked it at the time. However I remember being pleased that the old look was coming back circa the Wedding Album.

However,someone mentioned the bearded,shaggy haired Future's End look and I have to say I liked that look too. Put Supes with that grooming style in either the classic or Reborn suit,and I'd be okay if that was the default canon look for Clark going forward.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No, it looks awful and you can't be Mild Mannered Reporter and having a rebel hair.

Retired

Truthfully, I was not bothered by his long hair when he came back from the dead. And I was perfectly fine with Clark pulling back his hair into a tidy pony-tail. This was so common at the time, in the workplace.

The two different stylings followed the hair convention established by Joe Shuster. When our hero is in his Superman persona, his hair runs wild and free. When he is in his Clark Kent persona, his hair is slicked back and repressed.

It bothers me a whole lot more in the movies and on T.V. when they flip the hair convention and it's Clark who has the wild hair, while Superman is stuck with the slicked down hair. How does that make sense--Superman's hair would get mussed up in all that action, while Clark is at a professional job and would want to appear orderly.

My working theory is the reversal of the hair convention came from hair and make-up. If they gel Superman's hair, they don't have to worry about continuity in the action scenes--it never moves. While filming office scenes, the hair can be mussed up because the actor is not going to be doing much physical work. But in terms of character, it makes no sense.

My working theory is the reversal of the hair convention came from hair and make-up. If they gel Superman's hair, they don't have to worry about continuity in the action scenes--it never moves. While filming office scenes, the hair can be mussed up because the actor is not going to be doing much physical work. But in terms of character, it makes no sense.
    I generally thought it was because usually we see more of Clark than Superman in these cases, so usually Clark gets the more attractive hairstyle. Just an eye-candy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Truthfully, I was not bothered by his long hair when he came back from the dead. And I was perfectly fine with Clark pulling back his hair into a tidy pony-tail. This was so common at the time, in the workplace.

The two different stylings followed the hair convention established by Joe Shuster. When our hero is in his Superman persona, his hair runs wild and free. When he is in his Clark Kent persona, his hair is slicked back and repressed.

It bothers me a whole lot more in the movies and on T.V. when they flip the hair convention and it's Clark who has the wild hair, while Superman is stuck with the slicked down hair. How does that make sense--Superman's hair would get mussed up in all that action, while Clark is at a professional job and would want to appear orderly.

I kind of like to imagine that flying super fast through the air would definitely leave your hair molded, like when you use a hair dryer right after taming a shower, but turned up to eleven. Plus the more wild the hair is as Clark Kent, the less people notice his face.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    eh, I'll be the boring one here, I prefer him with the regular clean cut look more often than not.
    Yeah man, me too. I like the spitcurl too.

Mighty Member

Would he have a man bun these days?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Would he have a man bun these days?
    If he ever sports a man bun, I'm burning all of my Superman comics on YouTube!

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Superman's '90s hair was fine, but the past is the past and I'm not eager to ever see that haircut come back.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If he ever sports a man bun, I'm burning all of my Superman comics on YouTube!

Setting aside I don't like manbuns, I just don't think of Clark as someone very into current trends. From top-to-bottom, he just seems to rock his own style and if it's dated that's someone else's problem.

Superman may be sporting a longer free-flowing style due to Corona Virus in 2021....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Superman may be sporting a longer free-flowing style due to Corona Virus in 2021....
    His heat vision mirror trick leads me to believe he'd be pretty well-groomed through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    His heat vision mirror trick leads me to believe he'd be pretty well-groomed through the whole thing.
    Nah! He likes his locks a bit longer these days....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!