Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

who else has Lorna been romantically linked to besides Bobby and Alex? For Alex there is Maddy, that nurse he dumped Lorna for out of the blue in that Larocca X-men book, there is Maddy from the Mutant X universe. Heck he was even flirty with Dazzler post Inferno I think. We discussed earlier how Lorna fans don't love the Alex pairing but the only other guy I remember her with was Bobby, I am sure Remy flirted inappropriately at some point in time but if that is called romantically linked then he has been with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    who else has Lorna been romantically linked to besides Bobby and Alex? For Alex there is Maddy, that nurse he dumped Lorna for out of the blue in that Larocca X-men book, there is Maddy from the Mutant X universe. Heck he was even flirty with Dazzler post Inferno I think. We discussed earlier how Lorna fans don't love the Alex pairing but the only other guy I remember her with was Bobby, I am sure Remy flirted inappropriately at some point in time but if that is called romantically linked then he has been with everyone.
    She's only ever been shown to date Alex and then Bobby for that brief time in Milligan's run. Gambit flirted with her but it went nowhere. She always defaults to going back to Alex.

As for Alex, you forgot to mention Wasp

Extraordinary Member

To me...Maddie always seemed to be using Alex for revenge against Scott. From seducing him for sex to what was going on in the latest Hellions issue.

As for Lorna....to much on again off again. It is like they get together for the nostalgia of it only to break up because it never works out.

Right now Alex needs to work on his own issues and when he is in a good space in his head find someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    To me...Maddie always seemed to be using Alex for revenge against Scott. From seducing him for sex to what was going on in the latest Hellions issue.
    She was. I think it was implied that she used her powers to charm him into falling under her spell

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was. I think it was implied that she used her powers to charm him into falling under her spell
    That is very not consensual and very rape-ish

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

As for Lorna....to much on again off again. It is like they get together for the nostalgia of it only to break up because it never works out.

Right now Alex needs to work on his own issues and when he is in a good space in his head find someone new.
    He needs therapy.

Really hard that people thought that he and Maddie on Hellions were a good couple and felt sorry for him because she wasn't ressurrected. people can't relly tell a toxic relationship
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-01-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Nurse Annie was all Austen's using the relationship to mirror his own relationship with his wife, Wasp was Remender pushing it and it got dropped the second that he left the book, Maddy is all about using magic and such so most of Alex's relationships are one writer or another pushing some pairing of the moment, with most of said relationships ending badly or just forgotten about, except for Lorna. Right now Alex just needs to get the whole inversion mess out of him completely and he'd be fine...and he and Lorna could easily work if written well and allowed to be great, that's their biggest challenge, for Marvel and such to allow them to be great...

Lorna and Alex's relationship has ended badly....multiple times.

Ultimate Member

I've never denied that it's had its ups and downs, and some of those are from writers that didn't like one or both characters or a rush job to get them onto different books...

And other X-relationships have ended badly...multiple times...as well...

you wrote that most of his relationships have ended badly except for her.

Astonishing Member

I did forget about Janet, only because that relationship seemed to be a plot device, a true merging of the X and A universes but I haven't seen any mention of that pairing in any other book after Uncanny Avengers ended. No Janet didn't you date a mutant, no Alex didn't you have a thing with that rich Avengers chick? Didn't they have kids in some Days of Future Past like Uncanny Avengers storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I did forget about Janet, only because that relationship seemed to be a plot device, a true merging of the X and A universes but I haven't seen any mention of that pairing in any other book after Uncanny Avengers ended. No Janet didn't you date a mutant, no Alex didn't you have a thing with that rich Avengers chick? Didn't they have kids in some Days of Future Past like Uncanny Avengers storyline?
    I think they had a daughter named Katie. Returning to Alex/Janet could be interesting given Krakao's political prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think they had a daughter named Katie. Returning to Alex/Janet could be interesting given Krakao's political prominence.
    How so? Janet aint nobody

She's a founding Avenger. That's should be something big.

Oh lawd.

Founding Avenger. Leader of the Avengers multiple times. Been an Avenger for a very, very, very long time.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She's a founding Avenger. That's should be something big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Oh lawd.

Founding Avenger. Leader of the Avengers multiple times. Been an Avenger for a very, very, very long time.
    And? How would that give Alex any political prominence? She has no power