Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

That would mean that Emma missed Maddy's influence completely when she tried to help Alex...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That would mean that Emma missed Maddy's influence completely when she tried to help Alex...
    My theory is that Maddie started to mess with Alex after Emma fixed him, probably after Krakoa formed. He was mostly fine before Krakoa and the ressurrection.
    Maybe it was the ressurrection. I think it is time to abandon that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I prefer them apart and Lorna becomes Alex's crutch to lean on. Lorna has long outgrown him and I think it would be highly detrimental to her character and growth as a leader to be pulled back into his orbit because of nostalgia. Alex needs to grow and heal through the trauma he has been through since Axis and once he starts moving forward again they can see if he needs a woman partner. But as of now I don't think it would do either of them any good to put them back together because "reasons".
    IMO, their problems come from bad writing. Historically, they function great under more capable writers.

Ultimate Member

Agreed, and if memory serves a couple of thier worst moments weren't even written by X-men writers who obviously didn't know the characters...

Astonishing Member

Default The disrespect continues

Was reading the Nicenza X-Men Legends, and the disrespect of Havok continues...after a pretty lackluster story they go about listing the Summers family tree and they list Scott's kids, Cable's kids, Cosair's kids current future and alternate time lines, even Franklin and Rachel's but not one mention of either of Alex's kids. One with Maddy from Mutant X and one from Janet Van Dyne (Wasp) from the Uncanny Avengers days. Now you will say one is an alt universe and the other from a possible alt future but Scott's kids that fit that description are all listed out but not so much for Alex. So disrespectful, Maddy gets that too, amazed they didn't list Cable as hers. That is why I like them as a couple because both of them always get disrespected so they have that in common.

Ultimate Member

Well Alex's kid with Janet basically got written out of existence and pretty much everyone has totally forgotten about her for the most part so...though yeah Alex never gets to have any kids that stick around while Scott has many, and the bit about Cable is just Marvel trying to put Maddy down and make Scott look good for having abandoned them...though I don't want Maddy and Alex together as so far recently Maddy seems to basically just use and abuse Alex...then again I've never wanted them together anyway as I've always been an Alex/Lorna shipper and still am...

Astonishing Member

Man Remender really tried to do wonders for Alex's character but I feel like the only memorable moments for him during that run was the "M word" speech and his alter AXIS ego.

Ultimate Member

I think that Remender tried but in the end FAILED miserably and got him a lot of flack that he's still getting....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that Remender tried but in the end FAILED miserably and got him a lot of flack that he's still getting....
    Agreed. You can tell when a writer hates a certain character but I never got that impression from Remender coming off of his X-Force run I really do think he had some ideas about how to revitalize Alex and get him out from under the shadow of Scott Summers it just...didn't work.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that he hated Alex, he just loved him to death so to speak, much like how Austen loved Nightcrawler but wrote him terribly, under Remender's pen Alex just because the writers mouthpiece to give his own view on things and no one has blamed really anyone but Alex for it all, recently the entirety of the X-world save a very select few basically turned their backs on Alex and left him to his own devices, that after none of the X-men bothering to notice that he was inverted for months or do anything about it, then when he caused problems they acted like they'd just learned it all...

Astonishing Member

As much as I loved David's X-Factor run, Alex got the least love of all the characters as far as character development went, I got to know Guido, Jamie, Rahne and Lorna (heck even Val Cooper). Plus David gave me the best insight into the character of Pietro ever. Alex not so much at all. Loved the run but it didn't do anything to enhance the character of Alex except kill him and allow him to star in Mutant X which might be the best run of Alex character development ever. I liked Outback Alex, pretending to be leader of the Brotherhood Alex as well but those weren't extended runs. I was happy Alex lead the Laraocca X-men team, and the Uncanny X-men team but those runs didn't do much for Alex as a character. I kinda liked the resurrected Cyke X-men team run but that was because it was the first time I saw Alex not hamstrung by crappy inverted writing in quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    As much as I loved David's X-Factor run, Alex got the least love of all the characters as far as character development went, I got to know Guido, Jamie, Rahne and Lorna (heck even Val Cooper). Plus David gave me the best insight into the character of Pietro ever. Alex not so much at all. Loved the run but it didn't do anything to enhance the character of Alex except kill him and allow him to star in Mutant X which might be the best run of Alex character development ever. I liked Outback Alex, pretending to be leader of the Brotherhood Alex as well but those weren't extended runs. I was happy Alex lead the Laraocca X-men team, and the Uncanny X-men team but those runs didn't do much for Alex as a character. I kinda liked the resurrected Cyke X-men team run but that was because it was the first time I saw Alex not hamstrung by crappy inverted writing in quite some time.
    Its funny you say that as that run is regarded as the best Alex by most. Peter wrote the definitive Alex in X-Factor as the character fell off and loss purpose in the book after he left. I think David's Alex is one of the few times he was portrayed as a strong leader and thats a reputation that follows him when in actuality he tends to suck as a leader. I think PAD is overrated but I do think that run was good for Alex as a character. You are comparing him in terms of how he was portrayed relative to the rest of the cast but Im looking at it in terms of relative to his history and yeah X-Factor ranks up there.

The less said about that Austen/Milligan run the better. Alex was a horrible leader and those run damaged him in ways he hasnt really recovered from. I did like Brubaker's take with the setup for the Starjammers which I dont think Marvel fully took advantage of

Astonishing Member

I kinda liked the War of Kings and Kingbreaker stuff but that was mostly because Alex does best when not in direct comparison to Scott and in that storyline he wasn't. I take your point on PAD's run, his Alex wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't nearly as nuanced and fleshed out as his Guido, Jamie, Pietro, Lorna and Rahne's were. PAD can be overrated on lots of things EXCEPT his Hulk run which might be my favorite run on that character.

Ultimate Member

Alex is a natural leader but isn't the tactician that Scott is, but we've seen that he's willing to leave it all behind for love...with Lorna, and he has a sense of humor about himself, not getting upset when others poke fun at him. He's afraid of getting people killed, or at least he was and views leadership as a big responsibility. HE gets maligned a lot, mainly by many of the Lorna fans here who blame him for EVERYTHING that they see as EVER having gone wrong with her or her not being in her rightful place in their eyes, yet I still love the two together and don't think that it would take much to get them back together. Sadly in the end i could see ALex getting left behind by Krakoa and the others and ignored or shunned, as it's happened before by no fault really of his own...