Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I still just fear that he'll end up getting the blame for whatever bad things end up happening in Krakoa, whether he had anything to do with it or not...
    No offense meant, Logan, buddy, but you tend to fear that a lot of things will happen in comics, often with no real on panel reason to be afraid.
    I'm surprised that you are able to make it to your comic shop without worrying, buy the comic, and open the comic to read it without becoming scared about something happening.

Ultimate Member

Sadly some of those fears have come to pass in the comics, and right now I don't really go out much, as I won't get my first vaccination shot until Tuesday...

Ultimate Member

Yeah their powers do work well together and iirc she can use her powers to amplify his, love them as a pair and just wonder how long it'll be before they're back together again...

Extraordinary Member

Yeah their powers do work well together and iirc she can use her powers to amplify his, love them as a pair and just wonder how long it'll be before they're back together again...
    I prefer them together. They seem so incomplete apart, imo.

Ultimate Member

Alex gets used badly most of the time alone, as if they don't know what to do with him if he's not in Scott's shadow, and Lorna has been turned into nothing more than a female Magneto who hangs on his every word and has no thoughts of her own...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I prefer them together. They seem so incomplete apart, imo.
    I prefer them apart and Lorna becomes Alex's crutch to lean on. Lorna has long outgrown him and I think it would be highly detrimental to her character and growth as a leader to be pulled back into his orbit because of nostalgia. Alex needs to grow and heal through the trauma he has been through since Axis and once he starts moving forward again they can see if he needs a woman partner. But as of now I don't think it would do either of them any good to put them back together because "reasons".

Ultimate Member

They wouldn't be together simply for nostalgia or "reasons" it'd be because they work VERY well together when written well, much better together than Scott and Jean imho...I don't think that either has outgrown the other, it's more that Lorna is and has nothing outside of being her father's daughter right now, where most fans here want her as nothing more than the female version of Magneto...

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I prefer them apart and Lorna becomes Alex's crutch to lean on. Lorna has long outgrown him and I think it would be highly detrimental to her character and growth as a leader to be pulled back into his orbit because of nostalgia. Alex needs to grow and heal through the trauma he has been through since Axis and once he starts moving forward again they can see if he needs a woman partner. But as of now I don't think it would do either of them any good to put them back together because "reasons".
    Agreed. The relationship does nothing for neither in 2021. Im really looking forward to her development in X-Men as these are characters she has not had the chance to have meaningful interactions with in years/decades or even never

Ultimate Member

The relationship could do a lot for both of them if given the chance to...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The relationship could do a lot for both of them if given the chance to...
    How? How would her going back with Alex work well for her character? How does Alex grow without pulling down the upward mobility Lorna has had? I'm legitimately interested in your thoughts on it as I have a differing opinion. I know they both are still attracted to each other but that isn't a good basis for another go.

For me this would have all the feeling of going back to an old ex out of comfort. Comfort is safe and easy, but it lacks any significance. A lot has happened since they were together. A LOT. It's been over a decade. It's not a case like Jean and Scott where one has been dead while the other has lived. They had clearly grown apart after the start of Uncanny Avengers, and Lorna grew much stronger as a leader and a person because of it. Their relationship was never the same after the Annie incident and I think that is ok. They both need to move on as it won't do any of them any good retreading the same tired relationship they have tried 4 times already.

Plus Alex CLEARLY is still in love with Maddie.

Ultimate Member

It hasn't been a decade for them, and they've shown over the last decade that the feelings are still there, now while that shouldn't be the reason to get them back together it shows that a new writer would not have a lot of work to do to get them back together, so then you're saying that Alex isn't upwardly mobile as well, that only Lorna is or could be, it could work well if both she and Alex are not written as being in their family members shadows or just written as clones of said family member, for Lorna to have found her family and move forward, as I don't think that Lorna has to be as extreme as Magneto can and has be and only recent writers have really had Alex go more pro that everybody is the same kind of thing...the Annie incident was because of the writer, and remember that Lorna has seemingly forgiven her mass murdering father in a heartbeat and he's done far worse than Alex. Lorna could find her own voice without anyone else's influence, like Xavier or Magneto and I don't remember Alex telling her not to only trying to temper her temper a bit...

Again until the Hellions writer brought it back up Alex hadn't really bothered much with Maddy in years, and much or your argument against Alex and Lorna could be said about other X-couples...but then they're celebrated in getting back together...

And yeah Lorna doesn't need Alex to do all of those things but I don't see him holding her back from any of them either...

That's all for starters...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 04-16-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    How? How would her going back with Alex work well for her character? How does Alex grow without pulling down the upward mobility Lorna has had? I'm legitimately interested in your thoughts on it as I have a differing opinion. I know they both are still attracted to each other but that isn't a good basis for another go.

For me this would have all the feeling of going back to an old ex out of comfort. Comfort is safe and easy, but it lacks any significance. A lot has happened since they were together. A LOT. It's been over a decade. It's not a case like Jean and Scott where one has been dead while the other has lived. They had clearly grown apart after the start of Uncanny Avengers, and Lorna grew much stronger as a leader and a person because of it. Their relationship was never the same after the Annie incident and I think that is ok. They both need to move on as it won't do any of them any good retreading the same tired relationship they have tried 4 times already.

Plus Alex CLEARLY is still in love with Maddie.
    I don't think Love is the word to describe him and Maddie

Ultimate Member

Yeah she was using her magic on him so you can't call it love...the best that I'd hope for with Maddy is for her to fix the whole inversion thing...

Yeah she was using her magic on him so you can't call it love...the best that I'd hope for with Maddy is for her to fix the whole inversion thing...
    It's not love, it is magic and very sick/creepy. Makes me question why people think this is cute and call this love.

I was thinking about this today since Iron man got the Superior DLC on a game. Seems like inversion wore off for everyone and only Havok still has problems with it. What if it is Maddie doing it?