Astonishing Member

Default Should Cable become leader of G.I. Joe

I had a dream that Marvel will bring back G.I. Joe. But it would have Cable as the leader. Could you envision General Nathan Summers as G.I. Joe Commander? I think that Cable is a better fit for G.I. Joe than with the X-Men. Do you agree?

Don’t really know a lot about them other than the cartoon from back in the day. Think cable is prolly a good fit but better to keep them separate

Extraordinary Member

I agree with any opinion that Marvel would never mix the two properties to that degree but I always saw him as that type of character. I think he is wasted being trapped in the X-books.

Interesting proposal… despite being somewhat random AF. Ha.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    Don’t really know a lot about them other than the cartoon from back in the day. Think cable is prolly a good fit but better to keep them separate
    Hasbro has the Disney/Marvel licence. They had worked with the WWF to get Sgt. Slaughter into G.I. Joe. This would be a great way to promote each other's brand by working together. G.I. Joe was once part of Marvel Comics back in the 1980's. For those who never read the x-books(but read G.I. Joe) the inclusion of Cable could bring those readers into the x-verse. Aside from that I could see Cable as Leader of SHIELD(Team 7 unit) which would comprised of the following members:

1. Cable
    2. Solo
    3. Paladin
    4. Punisher
    5. Silver Sable
    6. Maverick
    7. Mark Hazzard: Merc

For those of you who don't know who Mark Hazzard: Merc is, here is his picture:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Interesting proposal… despite being somewhat random AF. Ha.
    I know, right?! Still remember the accusations of swiping that Liefeld dealt with back in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Hasbro has the Disney/Marvel licence. They had worked with the WWF to get Sgt. Slaughter into G.I. Joe. This would be a great way to promote each other's brand by working together. G.I. Joe was once part of Marvel Comics back in the 1980's. For those who never read the x-books(but read G.I. Joe) the inclusion of Cable could bring those readers into the x-verse. Aside from that I could see Cable as Leader of SHIELD(Team 7 unit) which would comprised of the following members:

1. Cable
    2. Solo
    3. Paladin
    4. Punisher
    5. Silver Sable
    6. Maverick
    7. Mark Hazzard: Merc

For those of you who don't know who Mark Hazzard: Merc is, here is his picture:

I can see the easily won lawsuit...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I can see the easily won lawsuit...
    It would not be named Team 7.

lol what a troll post

No. He should join. The Micronauts
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I agree with any opinion that Marvel would never mix the two properties to that degree but I always saw him as that type of character. I think he is wasted being trapped in the X-books.
    They mixed it in the past, including Transformers. I like the idea that GI Joe was set in the 616 but I know it won't happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They mixed it in the past, including Transformers. I like the idea that GI Joe was set in the 616 but I know it won't happen.

it can happen as Hasbro and Disney are partners. It's not out of Character for Cable to be a member of G.I. Joe anymore so than WWF's Sgt. Slaughter. Cable might be a better fit with G.I. Joe than the X-Verse. Just saying that Marvel could loan out Cable as a way to promote the character with a an audience who might not read the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-18-2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.