Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

r X-MEN LEGENDS #6
    In August Peter David will wrap up his revisit to his classic X-FACTOR run with the help of fan-favorite artist Todd Nauck. Here is the first exclusive look at the solicit and cover for X-MEN LEGENDS #6

WOLFSBANE UNLEASHED!
    Renegade mutants have taken hostages at the Latverian embassy…and DR. DOOM isn’t happy about it! And with one of X-FACTOR’S own in their clutches, it’s going to be a super-powered battle on multiple fronts as innocent lives hang in the balance!

Ultimate Member

I think that sadly a lot of people forget just how powerful Alex is, or try to downplay it...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that sadly a lot of people forget just how powerful Alex is, or try to downplay it...
    just the Lorna-stans for some reason, I remember when Alex was afraid to even use his power because of how lethal it was. If properly thought out there aren't many mutants who have a top end higher than Alex's. The Storm, Bobby and Magneto types but his top end far exceeds say Scott's and a majority of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    just the Lorna-stans for some reason, I remember when Alex was afraid to even use his power because of how lethal it was. If properly thought out there aren't many mutants who have a top end higher than Alex's. The Storm, Bobby and Magneto types but his top end far exceeds say Scott's and a majority of mutants.
    Lorna fans dont come at Alex in terms of his power levels. Ive seen many of the debates on this board and thats not something that comes up

Ultimate Member

They just blame him for every in their eyes slight to Lorna since the two characters met, and even seem to blame him for things out of his control...though have little to no problem with her being totally absorbed into her fathers aura and becoming nothing more than his little worshipful acolyte...

I don't think I've ever seen any Lorna fans say Havok's not powerful. I've complained about Lorna being misused around him to support his stories and interests to a point where they need to be far, far away from each other for quite a while before any kind of relationship between them can be good. But whether or not he's powerful, no.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

Honestly though I think that some Lorna fans here will never view that any amount of time is enough before putting Alex and Lorna back together again, but Lorna fans do dismiss Alex easily as they HATE him even saying hi to her...aside from that I mostly meant writers and such...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen any Lorna fans say Havok's not powerful. I've complained about Lorna being misused around him to support his stories and interests to a point where they need to be far, far away from each other for quite a while before any kind of relationship between them can be good. But whether or not he's powerful, no.
    nah it isn't that power level is an issue, it is just that despite there being a Havok "appreciation site" a good 85% of all negative Alex comments come from Lorna-stans, not all Lorna fans are that way but a good bit of them are. It is why I beat the drum for Alex and Maddy so much just so as to not have to deal with the Lorna-stans. I have no problem with them as a couple in general but I prefer him with Maddy and it doesn't have the same negative after-taste. The people who object to Maddy with Alex are just the, she should stay away from ALL Summers men which as an argument that makes more sense than the Never Alex Lorna-stans.

Ultimate Member

one of my problems with Alex and maddy is that it looks like Alex couldn't do any better than Scott's cast offs, that and ever since that whole business where they turned Maddy bad she's been over the top bad, I'd rather she come back and not bad and not with Scott or Alex but just mess with Scott, not romantically just be a thorn in his side...

I always felt like Alex and Lorna powers "complimented" each other in the sense, both could be blasters, both were powerful, Lorna can do more exotic things, but Havok is more powerful outright. Which is not to say Lorna is lacking in potential to be ubber, she just has to work on using her powers and she has not always done that.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

one of my problems with Alex and maddy is that it looks like Alex couldn't do any better than Scott's cast offs, that and ever since that whole business where they turned Maddy bad she's been over the top bad, I'd rather she come back and not bad and not with Scott or Alex but just mess with Scott, not romantically just be a thorn in his side...
    I don't think of Maddy as a Scott castoff, and Maddy hasn't really been written right since pre-Inferno, I am hoping for a Dr. Doom like retcon. When they said like 80% of the times the FF beat Doom it was just a Doombot. I am hoping that Maddy every Maddy since Inferno has been like a psychic echo or rouge Sinister clone and the "real" Maddy has been in the Mutant X or something like that universe until coming back to Alex and for Nathan.

I don't think of Maddy as a Scott castoff, and Maddy hasn't really been written right since pre-Inferno, I am hoping for a Dr. Doom like retcon. When they said like 80% of the times the FF beat Doom it was just a Doombot. I am hoping that Maddy every Maddy since Inferno has been like a psychic echo or rouge Sinister clone and the "real" Maddy has been in the Mutant X or something like that universe until coming back to Alex and for Nathan.
    That part is already canon. Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno. The Maddie in the 90s was a psychic ghost created by X-man. The Maddie in the final arcs of that book was an alternate reality Jean Grey. Gillen's Maddies were a bunch of Sinister clones. The Maddie in X-men Blue/ANX was an AR one based off of Secret Wars. The "real" original Madelyne hasnt been seen since Inferno

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always felt like Alex and Lorna powers "complimented" each other in the sense, both could be blasters, both were powerful, Lorna can do more exotic things, but Havok is more powerful outright. Which is not to say Lorna is lacking in potential to be ubber, she just has to work on using her powers and she has not always done that.
    You are correct! They do compliment each other in that way. One might argue that Alex is way more powerful than Scott.

Honestly though I think that some Lorna fans here will never view that any amount of time is enough before putting Alex and Lorna back together again, but Lorna fans do dismiss Alex easily as they HATE him even saying hi to her...aside from that I mostly meant writers and such...
    You are right, there are some Polaris fans who can feel that way. We just want them to get their lives and their heads right before getting back together.