Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    You are correct! They do compliment each other in that way. One might argue that Alex is way more powerful than Scott.
    Thanks!

hehe, yes, I have always felt Alex was more powerful than Scott.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always felt like Alex and Lorna powers "complimented" each other in the sense, both could be blasters, both were powerful, Lorna can do more exotic things, but Havok is more powerful outright. Which is not to say Lorna is lacking in potential to be ubber, she just has to work on using her powers and she has not always done that.
    The difference between them here isn't so much "Lorna isn't as powerful," but more "Marvel historically hasn't had much respect for Lorna as compared to Havok." It's the same reason Havok had his origin story told decades ago while Lorna only finally had hers told in 2012, why Havok got to lead X-Factor in the 90s but Lorna didn't get to lead any teams as the intended leader until All-New X-Factor in 2014, etc. There's a difference between characters simply being different, vs editors/writers viewing characters differently and treating them differently as a result. The former is following the lore to a reasonable conclusion. The latter is biases slithering into the lore and pretending to be objective.

Also, the idea of them complementing each other powers-wise could be said for many characters. I could say Lorna and Wolverine complement each other because of his adamantium. I could say Lorna and Sage complement each other because Sage's mental computation, multitasking, and kinetic memory could be transmitted by Lorna from Sage to other characters' brains. There's nothing really special here in this regard.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-25-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They just blame him for every in their eyes slight to Lorna since the two characters met, and even seem to blame him for things out of his control...though have little to no problem with her being totally absorbed into her fathers aura and becoming nothing more than his little worshipful acolyte...
    Whether it’s out of Alex’s control or not doesn’t mean he hasn’t abandoned Polaris. He’s done so a number of times. He didn’t try to help her when she was possessed by Malice. He just surrendered to it and goes off with Maddy during Inferno. He also went off on his on right before Dark Beast took him over in X-Factor during Onslaught. He should have not followed up on chasing a note about Scarlett because he would have to admit he cheated on Lorna.

That’s just weak on Alex’s part. Sure, both of them have had been under mind control a few times. All of us Polaris fans just want both of their minds healthy before they can get back together. I’m not bashing Alex. He’s a cool character if he’s done right. Btw, Lorna hasn’t really been on her own before without having Alex entangled in her life. The brighter future for both of them will take some writers with a dedicated look on both of the characters.

Ultimate Member

Well she's not on her own now she's just her father's puppet, and many Lorna fans here are thrilled about it, or at the very least want her as nothing more than a female Magneto, can't remember the last time that she actually disagreed with him on anything, as some Magneto fans have said that they couldn't fathom that she could ever disagree with him on anything...I've never said that Alex was perfect, only that when you're comparing him up against a mass murdering psycho in Magneto it does become suspect that he gets so much hate and Magneto so much love...

Whenever anyone calls out how Alex has failed her in the past, your default is to deflect and argue about Magneto when he isnt even being discussed.

Thank you! Yes, Lorna has some family issues with her father. One being she doesn’t stand up for herself in regards to her father. The issue is still Alex failing his girlfriend. Magneto is not the issue here.

The relationship between Lorna and Magneto is still fairly new, so there isn't a pattern of her not standing up for herself with him. In fact, she stood up to him while on Genosha during Dark Seduction (before she knew he was her father), and an AU version of her questioned his attitude toward humans in Secret Wars: House of M (also there was House of M version Lorna railing him for hiding parentage from her and the twins). The angle of Lorna not standing up for herself with him has been in only a few fairly recent takes from the comics. And given how new and little explored the relationship is, there's still plenty of time and opportunity to handle their relationship better.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The relationship between Lorna and Magneto is still fairly new, so there isn't a pattern of her not standing up for herself with him. In fact, she stood up to him while on Genosha during Dark Seduction (before she knew he was her father), and an AU version of her questioned his attitude toward humans in Secret Wars: House of M (also there was House of M version Lorna railing him for hiding parentage from her and the twins). The angle of Lorna not standing up for herself with him has been in only a few fairly recent takes from the comics. And given how new and little explored the relationship is, there's still plenty of time and opportunity to handle their relationship better.
    She also stood up to him in X-Factor when he disagreed with her not being leader when she chose Northstar for that position

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Forgot about that.

True, however in x of swords, he screams at her which reverted what she did in the past.

True, however in x of swords, he screams at her which reverted what she did in the past.
    yep but that just shows that they arent always on the same page, and quite frankly dont need to be

Ultimate Member

Thank you! Yes, Lorna has some family issues with her father. One being she doesn’t stand up for herself in regards to her father. The issue is still Alex failing his girlfriend. Magneto is not the issue here.
    I bring it up because whenever the topic comes up people bring up everything that Alex has done and say that Lorna should never forgive him for any of it however they are fine Lorna forgiving Magneto for mass murder and such so it's just comparing what they're okay with what Lorna can forgive greatly depending more on who it is than what it is...and again for years Magneto was not her father...

And again they can explore the relationship without her always being at his side or following him around like a lost puppy...

Astonishing Member

Alex at the party still "Stanning" for Maddy even in front of Lorna, which is great for my Maddy is going to be a big part of this book theory, and should also make the Lorna stans happy because with Alex longing for Maddy very little chance for anything happening between Alex and Lorna anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Alex at the party still "Stanning" for Maddy even in front of Lorna, which is great for my Maddy is going to be a big part of this book theory, and should also make the Lorna stans happy because with Alex longing for Maddy very little chance for anything happening between Alex and Lorna anytime soon.
    I'll be happy if it means Marvel stops its pattern of bringing up Havok around Lorna at least once almost every time she does anything. If Marvel doesn't do that, then Havok with Maddy is just a continuation of how they think Havok can be with anyone at any point but Lorna has to be on standby for whatever role is most beneficial to Havok.

To put it another way, I hope Havok fans get the things they want for him, so long as it doesn't involve Lorna. At least until many things happen over a long enough period of time that lead to her being respected for herself and treated well around Havok.
    Last edited by salarta; 06-03-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Though is it more about Alex and his feelings for Maddie or is Marvel just using him to set up the upcoming Inferno event...