Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

They could have done that but then he wouldn't be a fit for the Hellions team anymore...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not saying much. Another story arc of him being mentally/emotionally broken isnt something he needed in 2020. Going back to the inversion after it was finally resolved isnt where I would have taken him. To be fair, I did think Rosenberg did good moving him past that in Astonishing X-men
    Yes, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They could have done that but then he wouldn't be a fit for the Hellions team anymore...
    Alex would work better in Marauders, or Excalibur, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm a life long fan of the Roy Thomas/Neal Adams run on X-Men.

Alex was a big part of the book's brief rejuvenation.

The original uniform of Havok's is an absolute classic.

In agreement with you about Havok's classic outfit. In the right artistic hands, that uniform could look really special...

Last edited by juan678; 01-12-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    havok: Its my turn on the xbox!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member

Well Scott has admitted that as kids the way that he would win arguments was just to start punching Alex until he gave in, of the two Alex is more powerful imho than Scott, and as always I'm a A/L fan...

Amazing Member

It may not be saying much to credit Wells for giving Havok some depth as a character, since he's usually the hothead or the mind-controlled or the wounded little brother and so forth, but this Hellions run actually seems, for comic books, to want to spend some time on the consequences of his damaged mental health -- more as plot device than study of the subject perhaps, but attention in the service of suspense is welcome, to me, compared to other portrayals. I liked the Rosenberg run with Havok because it gave him some space as a character, and I thought those five issues with the Beast/Colossus/Dazzler/death seed Banshee/Thunderbird team were fun. I thought Havok had a chance with Remender, who seemed to want to develop the character, but maybe too openly as an extension of himself -- & even then despite the "call me Alex" debacle I thought the issue where Havok and Sunfire fought with Kang to save the earth was terrific -- Havok beating on Kang with his celestial-powered hands is pretty cathartic. But this seems like an actual effort without interference from marvel to give Havok a couple years of interesting development. It's the most interesting way he's been written since Brubaker had him out in space, though there's something odd about the way he keeps being referred to as particularly young -- though at this point I have no idea how old any of these characters are supposed to be except for Wolverine. Anyway, I dig it, and am glad there's a new thread -- so thanks to all for that.

Ultimate Member

I think that Scott and the originals are in their late 20's and Alex is a couple years younger than Scott or something along those lines...A/L...

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    It may not be saying much to credit Wells for giving Havok some depth as a character, since he's usually the hothead or the mind-controlled or the wounded little brother and so forth, but this Hellions run actually seems, for comic books, to want to spend some time on the consequences of his damaged mental health -- more as plot device than study of the subject perhaps, but attention in the service of suspense is welcome, to me, compared to other portrayals. I liked the Rosenberg run with Havok because it gave him some space as a character, and I thought those five issues with the Beast/Colossus/Dazzler/death seed Banshee/Thunderbird team were fun. I thought Havok had a chance with Remender, who seemed to want to develop the character, but maybe too openly as an extension of himself -- & even then despite the "call me Alex" debacle I thought the issue where Havok and Sunfire fought with Kang to save the earth was terrific -- Havok beating on Kang with his celestial-powered hands is pretty cathartic. But this seems like an actual effort without interference from marvel to give Havok a couple years of interesting development. It's the most interesting way he's been written since Brubaker had him out in space, though there's something odd about the way he keeps being referred to as particularly young -- though at this point I have no idea how old any of these characters are supposed to be except for Wolverine. Anyway, I dig it, and am glad there's a new thread -- so thanks to all for that.
    Alex should be late 20s

Ultimate Member

Oldest he could be is 27 if Scott is 29 as isn't Alex like 2 or 3 years younger than Scott...and clearly not Corsair's favorite...as Corsair seems to have totally forgotten that Alex even exists...

Its impossible to forget someone exists that you interact with. They did so also when Alex went to space to help save him from the Brood