Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Was reading a review of Mutant X on this site earlier and while it was fun revisiting one of my favorite arcs of my favorite X-men, Havok in Mutant X. One thing the review did was bring a couple of things to my mind, will we ever get a visit from Scotty, (alt universes Alex and Maddy's kid that our Alex helped raise) hopefully along with the Fallen (alt universe Arcangel that is also a vampire (but hopefully with the traditional metal wings))? Does Alex remember his time over there (being "married" to Maddy)? What about the Nexus of realities (I must admit I forgot all about this) that Alex absorbed that allowed him to get back to earth 616. It would be an interesting if Zeb revisits this, especially after Alex and Maddy hook up in this reality. "There was this time when you were dead that I died and went to a parallel universe where we were married and had a kid named wait for it...Scotty" Mutant X might have been my favorite run of art by Raney.

Ultimate Member

I think that he remembers, as when Bloodstorm showed up in BUnn's book he made it a point to say that it was a different Bloodstorm than the one that Alex met...I don't want Alex and Maddy together, I just want the whole inversion mess completely gone and gone for good...

Astonishing Member

X-books are part soap opera so it looks like they are heading toward the Alex Maddy thing, trying hard to make people forget he and Lorna were a thing at least for now but then again I am totally team Maddy and Alex since the Outback era. I am hoping that Maddy can help end the inversion crap sooner rather than later BUT I think the Inversion crap is the justification for keeping Alex on the team right now so he'll stay inverted until he feels connected enough to his teammates to want to stay even after it is lifted. Alex refuses to leave the island of misfit toys "the Hellions" because he realizes they aren't that damaged just misunderstood.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that they're trying to make us forget any relationship that Alex has had as of now, and who knows with Maddy, if anything she'd just use him for her own ends and he'd get the blame for whatever happened...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that they're trying to make us forget any relationship that Alex has had as of now, and who knows with Maddy, if anything she'd just use him for her own ends and he'd get the blame for whatever happened...
    yeah but in her first Hellions appearance Alex is the one character she had no malice for, in fact she tried to help him with the inversion, the rest of them she gave zero f's about however, and why should she, one of them was Greycrow who stole her child and left her for dead and if she still has telepathy she knew this group was working under Sinister who she actually has good reason to hate.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps only in so much as she feels that the other X-men and such allowed Alex to get so screwed up and did little to nothing to actually help him and that upset her....believing that she could use him to drive a wedge amongst the others...

Astonishing Member

Perhaps only in so much as she feels that the other X-men and such allowed Alex to get so screwed up and did little to nothing to actually help him and that upset her....believing that she could use him to drive a wedge amongst the others...
    perhaps but the unflattering comparison thing is one of the things Maddy and Alex always had in common, he understood her feeling the "Not Jean" vibe she got in the X-men family, Maddy is alright good pilot civilian who is with us in the fight but she's not Jean. Alex also experiences the "Not Scott" vibe, Alex has led some teams, been around for a while but he is not Scott.

Mighty Member

Anyone has check out the X-Men Legends today's issue?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone has check out the X-Men Legends today's issue?
    yeah and Nicieza's Alex is cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah and Nicieza's Alex is cringeworthy
    I concur it was cringeworthy but the sentiment still made it the first time i've like Alex in awhile.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I concur it was cringeworthy but the sentiment still made it the first time i've like Alex in awhile.
    thats unfortunate but understandable bc he's been written like crap everytime he pops up since Bendis' run with the exception of Astonishing X-men. The only reason Im holding out hope in Hellions is bc his character arc is still ongoing so I hope Wells does right by him

Ultimate Member

I still just fear that he'll end up getting the blame for whatever bad things end up happening in Krakoa, whether he had anything to do with it or not...

Astonishing Member

I still just fear that he'll end up getting the blame for whatever bad things end up happening in Krakoa, whether he had anything to do with it or not...
    Like what?

Ultimate Member

If all of the villains are revealed to have been plotting against the X-men and others and their plans end up causing death and destruction or Maddy or some other villain destroys Krakoa without Alex helping her...he's the convenient scapegoat...