Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I don't get that. To me Superman should be an utilitarian with a cultural conservative set of values mixed with heavy social responsibility. Do you actually believe the world is black and white or are you just describing how your version of Superman sees things? Because I definitely think your version of Superman is a delusional person. For example, many would argue that cutting taxes and social programs causes suffering for the lower class. Would your Superman punch any politician that approved this and put them in "jail"?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I don't get that. To me Superman should be an utilitarian with a cultural conservative set of values mixed with heavy social responsibility. Do you actually believe the world is black and white or are you just describing how your version of Superman sees things? Because I definitely think your version of Superman is a delusional person. For example, many would argue that cutting taxes and social programs causes suffering for the lower class. Would your Superman punch any politician that approved this and put them in "jail"?
    Dude!if my clark believed world was black and white.He wouldn't be a vigilante and he wouldn't justify his own existence as "superman".Current/classic superman might be conservative.Since byrne calls him a superrepublican.American cultural conservative values if and when derived from judeo-christian ethics is entirely deontological(i might be wrong),Not utilitarian.Where morality is always black and white."thou shall not kill" and "thou shall not lie".plain and simple.There is a real emphasise on not breaking these rules and what not which is from donner/silverage superman to be fair.Even when byrne superman killed. it was seen as unethical and he payed penance(killing justified or not is another issue).Clark made a big fuzz about diana choosing to kill to save him as well.

That depends on the politicians on ground results.If it does and democratic avenues are available like a pen.He would'nt need a sword.Clark is a journalist.Clark could just tell the truth and start a movement.if you are asking what's my superman's leanings.He's on the left and maybe/most likely an anarchist.if you are asking,what's clark stance would be.He would be against cutting taxes,so that lower classes can get benefits.As for putting people in jail,Superman is not the police nor state.He doesn't plan on being one.So,he can't put people in jails and he ain't willing to be a jailor.dude!you are asking if whether a criminal would put a conservative in jail?how does that even make any sense?If all avenues fail and lower classes aren't doing good.Then Yeah! he is gonna punch in those extreme situations.This is a medium of entertainment with action as subject.There would be punching regardless.He is willing to lie and be a criminal inorder to protect well being/happiness of people and assure justice.My superman is more utilitarian.Not yours.But Ultimatley, he also strive for these ideals such as truth and justice.Because he believes humanity can only optimise happiness by embracing ideals.Ideals aren't code of ethics or rules.There something to push forward to.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"