Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    It’s genius level marketing imo. And the story is not suffering. Far from it. Its arguably the best its ever been.
    Well, if Banshee's going to have a role on a team it's probably the best it's been for 20 years from my point of view anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Well, if Banshee's going to have a role on a team it's probably the best it's been for 20 years from my point of view anyway.
    There are so many characters from days old getting a new time to shine. I feel bad for people who can’t get into this era cuz it really has everything going for it if you can just give yourself up to the story its trying to tell.

Incredible Member

Quite right. I've been enjoying it, it's a bit of a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to see what comes next, but, damn, my wallet aches!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I just don’t get why this one single event is causing so much anguish with “old school” fans. We’ve had violence, rapes, GENOCIDE, but one fashion event and people are like OMG WHAAAAATTTT?? Have none of you ever been to a costume party? That’s literally all this is. It’s being promoted because those involved are obviously proud of their work! (And in direct response to bearman, Wolverine isn’t getting dressed up in any crazy way so he’s still in your head cannon.)
    I feel it's being hyped more by fans than the writers, it's certainly not being hyped like Xof Swords ,so having lower expectations is not a problem for me.

Lol I hope it becomes an annual thing with different themes for the costumes every year like the actual Met Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I just don’t get why this one single event is causing so much anguish with “old school” fans. We’ve had violence, rapes, GENOCIDE, but one fashion event and people are like OMG WHAAAAATTTT?? Have none of you ever been to a costume party? That’s literally all this is. It’s being promoted because those involved are obviously proud of their work! (And in direct response to bearman, Wolverine isn’t getting dressed up in any crazy way so he’s still in your head cannon.)
    I really haven’t seen all this anguish, beyond just a few posters I guess. Doesn’t seem to be garnering more negativity than anything else. Honestly, I saw far more pissing and moaning about X of Swords.

From my personal perspective, looks fine. I’m not super fired up for it, but not hating on it either. Having said that, if adult Cable returns in it, it instantly becomes my favorite X-event.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I think one issue with this assessment is that for all we know the actual buying readership of X-men comics might still be 80% straight male and 15% straight woman. Which would reflect the accounts given by various comicbook shop owners around the US and their experience with actualy selling these comics to people (most sales data is about comics sold to the shops not to the customer).
    I think you overthink it, I simply point out that Women are a growing part of the market and they make up a chunk of the market. The X-men could be 100% straight male readers it wouldn't matter because women's imprint is growing as consumers in the industry. It makes sense to try to attract them to be your readership.

Anyways you threw out phantom numbers, 46% is a real number and that research was done years ago the number is very well larger. You make some interesting points but in the face of actual numbers, you still try to make the comic market seem overwhelming male. Also I don't have stats to back it up but I would bet money that X-men has a larger LGBTQ audience than a standard superhero comic. Whether it is manga or movies you can find numbers to show that you shouldn't be ignoring a female audience in this genre.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-01-2021 at 02:45 PM.

WHEW. Scott leave the fives, a ten is right HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really haven’t seen all this anguish, beyond just a few posters I guess. Doesn’t seem to be garnering more negativity than anything else. Honestly, I saw far more pissing and moaning about X of Swords.

From my personal perspective, looks fine. I’m not super fired up for it, but not hating on it either. Having said that, if adult Cable returns in it, it instantly becomes my favorite X-event.
    And to those who hate x of swords, i could really care less what those people think. It’s my favorite xmen story ever. And i have been reading for a long time. If you don’t like it that’s well within your rights. I just have to step back and laugh at you though because i can just imagine the reasons behind it. I’m not one of those to throw “sexism” and “homophobia” around all willy nilly. My attitude is more like the old stick in the mud. People who refuse to have a good time and only get mad when they see others doing so. In fact, i feel that same way about hellfire gala. I am super stoked for it. All the haters, naysayers, and negative nancies just make me relish it all the sweeter. Its like a bitter wine that’s been aged to perfection. Not everyone is meant to enjoy the finer things in this life.

Personally I'm not someone who cares about high fashion and I know this story isn't exactly catered to me but I am excited for the debut of the new team and whatever the aftermath of all this will be. Besides it's only a month long event and I don't read all the titles anyways so no big deal for me.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

They should have put Kurt in a red and black version of Xavier's C outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

They should have put Kurt in a red and black version of Xavier's C outfit.
    I was hoping for a popecrawler outfit though...

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    And to those who hate x of swords, i could really care less what those people think. It’s my favorite xmen story ever. And i have been reading for a long time. If you don’t like it that’s well within your rights. I just have to step back and laugh at you though because i can just imagine the reasons behind it. I’m not one of those to throw “sexism” and “homophobia” around all willy nilly. My attitude is more like the old stick in the mud. People who refuse to have a good time and only get mad when they see others doing so. In fact, i feel that same way about hellfire gala. I am super stoked for it. All the haters, naysayers, and negative nancies just make me relish it all the sweeter. Its like a bitter wine that’s been aged to perfection. Not everyone is meant to enjoy the finer things in this life.
    I liked X of Swords. Most of it anyway. Pretty solid event. Maybe a little padded, but solid overall.

Incredible Member

What I'm looking forward to about the gala is that it's essentially the same evening seen from multiple points of view. Hopefully there are going to be things of interest coming from every series. We know there's something huge for Storm, we know the new team is debuting, we know there's a shake up for the Marauders at least. There might be all kinds of other surprises in the other books, no need to buy anything you don't normally buy I don't think, it's just the same night through different eyes, so you should be able to get the story just in the books you want to buy, although you might have to get Planet Size, I guess.

It couldn't be better in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I'm with ya! I'm a straight white dude and I'm super excited for the Gala! I'm digging the different styles on display!
    It just seems like a much more involved variation on those annual-ish breather books where the X-team would just play a game of football or baseball or some other bonding activity, and lots of characterization beats would get advanced, and maybe some powers would get shown off, but no action or bad-guys would be involved.

Only in this case, it's advancing the larger theme of a mutant society 'coming out' (it's a sweet sixteen for mutant society as a whole!) and taking it's place among global society and culture and realpolitick.

In *that* sense, it's kind of exactly what X-fans have wanted from the beginning. Krakoa (and mutantkind) stepping out on the world stage and *demanding* to be noticed.

And Krakoa looks *fabulous* and some are muttering, 'I didn't think it would be this gay...'